Truss sacks Cruella as authority ebbs away

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Another day and another criisis. This time she sacksthe Home Secretary less than a week after sacking her Chancellor. This has been done at the behest of her new Chancellor who now seems to be calling all the shots.
Braverman ill not be missed apart from the real headbangers in the tory membership. She has been a fervant warrior in the culture wars and was promoted way above her station.
I am looking for a US comparison to try and describe her for my American friends.
I suppose MTG is the closest equivalent in the US. Howevr the US has had the good sense not to allow her any power.
Every day in the UK is another conservative circus.

Another day and another criisis. This time she sacksthe Home Secretary less than a week after sacking her Chancellor. This has been done at the behest of her new Chancellor who now seems to be calling all the shots.
Braverman ill not be missed apart from the real headbangers in the tory membership. She has been a fervant warrior in the culture wars and was promoted way above her station.
I am looking for a US comparison to try and describe her for my American friends.
I suppose MTG is the closest equivalent in the US. Howevr the US has had the good sense not to allow her any power.
I can see a lot of the problems being tied in to the close prowar alliance with the US Tommy.

The world is in a mess and it's mostly due to US interference. Their desperation is of course on account of China's rise to take their place.

And of course America's war with Russia is not coincidental in its timing. A Russia/China alliance will be the tipping point against America, at least as America's hawks see it.

The UK needs to pull away and go it separate from the US. With a nuclear threat there's no need for an alliance that doesn't benefit your country.

I can see a lot of the problems being tied in to the close prowar alliance with the US Tommy.

The world is in a mess and it's mostly due to US interference. Their desperation is of course on account of China's rise to take their place.

And of course America's war with Russia is not coincidental in its timing. A Russia/China alliance will be the tipping point against America, at least as America's hawks see it.

The UK needs to pull away and go it separate from the US. With a nuclear threat there's no need for an alliance that doesn't benefit your country.
Suella will not be a part of any future.

You have no American friends...

Conservatism is a failure on both sides of the Atlantic.

Yes, I am glad to see her gone. I heard some things about her which made me feel I would not like her having much power.

The UK backstage is in love with the US. I think it is still it's imperial feelings. They were busy telling Russia if they went nuclear they would regret it and all kinds of other rudeness, Russia has been getting so angry she has said she wants and will nuke us and we will be gone, France instead told Russia that even if she used nukes, France will not nuke back. This attitude has not been tested by the British people who I hope would not approve but everyone was fed the story of the poor Ukrainians who never did anything wrong and now have Russia after them. People took them into their homes and are proud to stand by them against evil Russia so I guess everyone is going to be happy when we are nuked everyone excet for me and a few others,

The UK backstage is in love with the US. I think it is still it's imperial feelings. They were busy telling Russia if they went nuclear they would regret it and all kinds of other rudeness, Russia has been getting so angry she has said she wants and will nuke us and we will be gone, France instead told Russia that even if she used nukes, France will not nuke back. This attitude has not been tested by the British people who I hope would not approve but everyone was fed the story of the poor Ukrainians who never did anything wrong and now have Russia after them. People took them into their homes and are proud to stand by them against evil Russia so I guess everyone is going to be happy when we are nuked everyone excet for me and a few others,
The UK is mesmerized by their perceived opportunity to recover greatness. That's all.

They imagine that America will share it's greatness with the UK and they will be 'one in victory'!
They imagine their little island being squashed like a bug if they are left with no alliance to power.

And America can use them as a convenient ally in America's intended march to world supremacy unchallenged.

It's just not working out as planned so far.

Due to America's persistence on winning their war against Russia, I see it almost inevitable that Russia will have to resort to the use of a nuclear weapon, to send a strong message.

But at the same time, I can't see it conceivable that America will respond with a nuclear weapon.

A nuclear world war can't be imagined to be an acceptable solution to the issue.

Russia could suffer a great deal of punishment if they accept it continuing, but still Russia is in the driver's seat when it comes time to up the ante on the use of much larger force.

It's just a pity that most Americans want to distance themselves from the questions facing the world now, that are of America's making.

Due to America's persistence on winning their war against Russia, I see it almost inevitable that Russia will have to resort to the use of a nuclear weapon, to send a strong message.

But at the same time, I can't see it conceivable that America will respond with a nuclear weapon.

A nuclear world war can't be imagined to be an acceptable solution to the issue.

Russia could suffer a great deal of punishment if they accept it continuing, but still Russia is in the driver's seat when it comes time to up the ante on the use of much larger force.

It's just a pity that most Americans want to distance themselves from the questions facing the world now, that are of America's making.

John Mearsheimer says that if Russia is beaten or feels it might be beaten in Ukraine it will be far worse for her than anything else and Russia will probably respond with everything she has leaving Ukraine demolished and not caring how many are dead. Most people think Russia will use nukes if they are unable to win by any other way.

They are gambling with Nuclear War. I hear it is the sort of craziness imperialists get up to when they are losing their position.

John Mearsheimer says that if Russia is beaten or feels it might be beaten in Ukraine it will be far worse for her than anything else and Russia will probably respond with everything she has leaving Ukraine demolished and not caring how many are dead. Most people think Russia will use nukes if they are unable to win by any other way.

They are gambling with Nuclear War. I hear it is the sort of craziness imperialists get up to when they are losing their position.
Mearsheimer is one of the few who has been getting it right all along, but I think you're a bit inaccurate on his prediction. There are several steps needing to play out before the world is immersed in a nuclear world war. He's adding in dramatic effect, and he should!

I think my imagained scenario of Russia using a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine is the most likely. That will present the opportunity to find peace by the situation being quickly taken to the UN. Hopefully the UNSC!

What we on the outside are witnessing about the U.K. resembles a very poor SNL skit radicalizing England. If we wanted to make fun of the parliamentary system, we would be more original, less clichéd than this.

What we on the outside are witnessing about the U.K. resembles a very poor SNL skit radicalizing England. If we wanted to make fun of the parliamentary system, we would be more original, less clichéd than this.
If gets worse by the hour. Apparently the Chief Whip has gone tonight. MPs were not sure on what basis they were voting on. Truss was seen dragging the whip into a side office.
The speaker has been asked to investigate.

Breaking - The Deputy Chief Whip has gone as well.

We can celebrate the death of libertarianism in Britain. Nobody voted for this shit.

Mearsheimer is one of the few who has been getting it right all along, but I think you're a bit inaccurate on his prediction. There are several steps needing to play out before the world is immersed in a nuclear world war. He's adding in dramatic effect, and he should!

I think my imagained scenario of Russia using a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine is the most likely. That will present the opportunity to find peace by the situation being quickly taken to the UN. Hopefully the UNSC!
He didn't and I didn't give timing. He said and I reported if Russia did not win or thought they were not going to win in Ukraine. You seem to have added some timing of your own. I was not inaccurate in what I said.

If gets worse by the hour. Apparently the Chief Whip has gone tonight. MPs were not sure on what basis they were voting on. Truss was seen dragging the whip into a side office.

We can celebrate the death of libertarianism in Britain. Nobody voted for this shit.
They are now talking about people - it will be Truss, manhandling and bullying MP's

Could "Monty Python" have done better?

Conservatism is a failure on both sides of the Atlantic.

What conservatism? Both sides are marching towards fascism. You loons at 100mph, and the so called reasonable repubs at 80mph.

The end result is the same.

DURRRRRR

Apparently the chief whip has reversed her resignation. Who knows ? They will have no problem finding another bully in their ranks.

Forum List

Back