Trying to resolve debit card fraud

Bill Angel

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
On Friday I noticed an unauthorized charge on my DirectExpress Debit Card, which is affiliated with MasterCard. Anyone have any experience or advice on dealing with this problem with this company (DirectExpress)?
Thanks.

On Friday I noticed an unauthorized charge on my DirectExpress Debit Card, which is affiliated with MasterCard. Anyone have any experience or advice on dealing with this problem with this company (DirectExpress)?
Thanks.
Go to your bank and close the card right away.

Thanks.
I did that yesterday, and the bank is sending me a new card. I just want to make sure that I get reembursed for the amount of the bogus transaction. I have heard that sometimes people have problems with this issue.

Thanks.
I did that yesterday, and the bank is sending me a new card. I just want to make sure that I get reembursed for the amount of the bogus transaction. I have heard that sometimes people have problems with this issue.
This has happened to me several times. My bank always reimburses the amount but check it. I use Paypal now and it's better.

My bank reimbursed. I had to email her the disputed transactions. I think if they used your PIN, you're out of luck, though.
No, they did not have access to my PIN. The unauthorized charge was a purchase through the target.com website.

You should have no problems. If used as a credit card (no PIN), you should just have to fill out your bank's claim form.

Forum List

Back