Turns out that even the skeptics agree, the earth is warming abnormally

I have never denied the climate changes, or that it appears to be changing now.

All I'm doing is pointing out that AGW supporters haven't proven their case.

I agree, but one must remember that science doesn't work on "proofs." As in 1+1=2.

It's probability, as we work to establish a theory, it becomes more or less probable that it is correct.

The general percentage for confirmation of a scientific theory in my field is 99.9995% probability, or Sigma 6.
And yet AGW cultists say the debate is over, the science is settled.

That alone should raise red flags to any clear-thinking individual.
They're the same ones that belive anything they're spoon-fed...and think that just because YOU aren't a scientist, YOU aren't capable of cogent thought/reason...

If i t is so obvious then why did Mann try to hide the ME Warming period with his ridiculous 'hockey stick' graph that Gore trumpetted to the whole world?

Obviously he neglected the fact that the climate has changed in the past - duh- NO ONE EVEN KNEW THAT until just now! Its going to revolutionize the way climate is viewed! Scientists have proceeded on the assumption that the climate in the past was completely static - for decades now - not even considering that possibility. Holy shit man, do you realize the implications of this discovery?

Think I'll go with the 99.9% of scientists who believe in man made global warming, including the leading sceptic of the OP after his own investigation. Call me crazy. Same with evolution, and the ruin of the non rich and the country under Reaganomics..

So you believe in your dentist report as well do you?

There is never and there never will be consensus in science.

That's the beauty of science. Science is not political. When an idiot a fool called Al Gore entered the ring, he made it political.

When the asswipe who made Avatar entered the ring, he made it political.

I don't want science skewered by Al Gore and an agenda. Fuck you. Won't have it.

I want science. I want truth seekers.

I agree, but one must remember that science doesn't work on "proofs." As in 1+1=2.

It's probability, as we work to establish a theory, it becomes more or less probable that it is correct.

The general percentage for confirmation of a scientific theory in my field is 99.9995% probability, or Sigma 6.

Much of the specifics have yet to be worked out with sound theory and there is plenty of work left to be done, but the general conclusion that anthropogenic sources of CO2 have caused most of the warming in the past hundred or so years is well established in the peer reviewed literature.

If i t is so obvious then why did Mann try to hide the ME Warming period with his ridiculous 'hockey stick' graph that Gore trumpetted to the whole world?

Obviously he neglected the fact that the climate has changed in the past - duh- NO ONE EVEN KNEW THAT until just now! Its going to revolutionize the way climate is viewed! Scientists have proceeded on the assumption that the climate in the past was completely static - for decades now - not even considering that possibility. Holy shit man, do you realize the implications of this discovery?

Masterful refutation of the claim that Mann hid the MWP.

Oh, wait -- no, it's not.

Much of the specifics have yet to be worked out with sound theory and there is plenty of work left to be done, but the general conclusion that anthropogenic sources of CO2 have caused most of the warming in the past hundred or so years is well established in the peer reviewed literature.
Ahh, yes, the peer-reviewed literature that lets no dissenting viewpoints be published.

It's easy to win if you stack the deck, isn't it?

Meanwhile, let's not wreck the economies of the entire Western world over some unproven junk science.

Last edited:

That Mann guy sure pulled one over on the world. As one of only three or four other climate scientists who have published anything in the world, and since Gore talks about him, he's the most powerful man in the world - until you guys figured out that climate has changed before. Shit man, whew! We don't need to worry about it anymore, I'm going to run out and buy an SUV today.

Think I'll go with the 99.9% of scientists who believe in man made global warming, including the leading sceptic of the OP after his own investigation. Call me crazy. Same with evolution, and the ruin of the non rich and the country under Reaganomics..
Not at all surprising that you'd rather cling bitterly to leftist fantasies than reality.

No one has ever explained to me when it was that consensus became part of the scientific method.

So we are just going to vote on what is considered scientific truth from now on or only special politicized cases?

That Mann guy sure pulled one over on the world. As one of only three or four other climate scientists who have published anything in the world, and since Gore talks about him, he's the most powerful man in the world - until you guys figured out that climate has changed before. Shit man, whew! We don't need to worry about it anymore, I'm going to run out and buy an SUV today.
He fooled morons like you.

Of course, that's not very difficult.

Holy shit, do you realize what a fucking ass you are?

I asked a simple fucking question and you piss all over the damn place.

Grow the fuck up douche-bag and either answer the damned questions honestly or shut the fuck up.

All you have to had to offer thus far is sarcasm and smart ass nonsense.

Please, just shut up and go the fuck somewhere else, troll.

Think I'll go with the 99.9% of scientists who believe in man made global warming

Your math is weak, as usual.

including the leading sceptic of the OP

When was he a sceptic? Link?

Call me crazy.

Stupid is a better word for you.

Not at all surprising that you'd rather cling bitterly to leftist fantasies than reality.

No one has ever explained to me when it was that consensus became part of the scientific method.

So we are just going to vote on what is considered scientific truth from now on or only special politicized cases?

Vote? Good Gaea, no. We'll have our opinions handed to us by the liberal elite, who know what's best for us.

Ahh, yes, the peer-reviewed literature that lets no dissenting viewpoints be published.

Dissenting viewpoints are published all the time. Just not the ones you want. You could go study the atmosphere for a dozen years or so, and publish your own stuff, but its much easier for you to be an expert on the subject based on what right wing nutbags tell you about it.

Considering the numerous journals in which such literature is published, all published by different entities the world over, its quite paranoid to assume there is some massive conspiracy between them all, especially with zero evidence to support it.

All you have to had to offer thus far is sarcasm and smart ass nonsense.

Please, just shut up and go the fuck somewhere else, troll.

??? I BELIEVE YOU! The climate has changed before! This is clear proof that it is impossible for man to influence the climate. To think we had been proceeding with the assumption that man was, based on no evidence at all, and in spite of the newly discovered fact that the climate has changed before, led by a worldwide conspiracy of super rich elite scientists and journal editors!

Dissenting viewpoints are published all the time. Just not the ones you want. You could go study the atmosphere for a dozen years or so, and publish your own stuff, but its much easier for you to be an expert on the subject based on what right wing nutbags tell you about it.
Really? Where did you get your degrees in science?

Oh, wait -- I forgot. Only "deniers" are required to have training and experience.

Doesn't take any particular skill or talent to be an AGW sheep, apparently.

Considering the numerous journals in which such literature is published, all published by different entities the world over, its quite paranoid to assume there is some massive conspiracy between them all, especially with zero evidence to support it.
Well, no evidence but the Climategate emails which detail how they bastardized the peer-review process.

If Mann has the facts on his side and no other scientist disagrees, why hide the MWP?

Daveman seems not to.

Wrong. Probability is a small part of science. First, a theorem has to be logically consistent. That often involves math, especially in the case of the physical sciences. After that, the empirical data has to support the math. If it doesn't, then you go back to the chalkboard to redo the math.

Meanwhile, let's not wreck the economies of the entire Western world over some unproven junk science.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc&feature=fvst]Hide the decline - satire on global warming alarmists - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWAytBHG90&feature=related]All Your Emails Are Belong To Us - YouTube[/ame]

Vote? Good Gaea, no. We'll have our opinions handed to us by the liberal elite, who know what's best for us.

Lol, you're right.

What was I thinking?

Forum List

Back