8th Grade Exam from 1912 Most College Students Today Would Fail

So show the studies comparing that to college students 10 years ago. Then 20. Then 30. Unless they are studying civics, they would be expected to show about the same results as the general population.

A college student would at least know to think this through better than you have;)
Show me the students from 50 years ago who see no problem with a man beating the crap out of a woman at the Olympics if we’re going to talk about knowledge and wisdom.

College is a place to specialize.

Imagine being an Atmospheric physics graduate student and seeing some uneducated slob mock you for not knowing the Prussian monarch in 1750.

Then the same same, uneducated slob pretends they know more about climate science than you do.

One might understand handing out a two piece.
College is a place to specialize.
1722703010204.jpeg

And now jobless and 6 figures in debt begging Joe to have taxpayers penalized for their decisions.

In backwoods Kentucky kids were smarter than 99% of todays Harvard graduates.
What is smart about that test other than rote memorization? That test is from the county next to the largest city in Kentucky and is nowhere close to back woods and is no longer agricultural in any way. I taught there for the last year before I retired. Times change.

You probably could not answer the second question correctly. Why do the Founding Father's identities matter much today except as an answer to a trivia question?
They don't.

This is standard fare. It's Intellectual Vandalism.

These fools can't make themselves look smart. So they try to call everyone else stupid.

It's like vandalizing your neighbor's house to make your house look better, because you're too lazy to paint or incapable of painting your own house.

Last edited:
Yet most kids today have no clue about the Civil War.
Teachers today do not have the time to teach information that will not be tested for accountability. If politicians considered history important to parents, they would test that also.

I was originally hired to remediate students who were failing the math portion of the state competency test. The other part was language arts, and most students passed that easily. Know what wasn't tested? Social studies and science were not included. The math was relatively easy as it only tested skills through Algebra I.

Why didn't the elected politicians in Florida expand that testing to include other subjects? They did a few years later.

Show me the students from 50 years ago who see no problem with a man beating the crap out of a woman at the Olympics if we’re going to talk about knowledge and wisdom.
That person is not a man nor a woman but a genetic anomaly. I am sure they existed 50 years ago but did not box in the Olympics. We also did not have the internet back then so everyone in the world knows about it. If she gets knocked out in the next round, then what will you say?

Forum List

Back