An Old, Old Tactic By the GOP

An Old, Old Tactic By the GOP

Except for trumpā€™s obvious age and increasing dementia, since Biden withdrew from the race a nomineeā€™s age (and mental clarity) has become irrelevant (though, it should not). During this period of indecision by Party strategists on how to campaign against Kamala Harris, trump, in his own way, has taken a page from a long-standing Republican blueprint. He is attacking Harris for being bi-racial. Such attacks are certain to impress his devoted followers.

Looking back at the GOPā€™s history, the Partyā€™s Southern Strategy was developed in the 1960s and relied on conservatives' innate racial and ethnic hatreds. Since then, the Republican Party has nurtured and exploited right-wingersā€™ proclivity for racism, bigotry, homophobia, xenophobia, misogyny, etc. Beginning in 2015, trump deftly took the Republicansā€™ own Southern Strategy to levels unseen before.

ā€œMedia Matters for America writer Eric Kleefeld wrote: ā€˜The Republican Party is now officially running on a campaign that you canā€™t trust biracial people.ā€™ā€ Kleefeld must be very young if he believes this is something new for the GOP.

I stopped reading at dementia. You're weak, and are projecting. On a sidenote, parents need to be careful how they name their children. Bertram has spineless written all over it.

They didn't show up for Abrams.

Exit Polls Contradict Narrative That Stacey Abrams Lost Black Male Support In Georgia Gubernatorial Race​

First, letā€™s get one fact out of the way: Itā€™s hard AF to get a Black person elected as governor in this country.

On Tuesday, Wes Moore made history by becoming the very first Black person to be elected as governor of Maryland. But the statistic thatā€™s even more telling is the one that shows heā€™s only the third Black person to be elected as governor of any state in U.S. history. In other wordsā€”nobody should be surprised Stacey Abrams lost to incumbent Brian Kemp in Georgiaā€™s gubernatorial race.

In fact, Abramsā€˜ loss, unfortunate though it may be, provides an opportunity to dispel a loud and wrong narrative that prevailed throughout much of her campaign. The idea that Abrams was losing ground with the Black community, and Black men, in particular, turned out as false as the notion that Black male voters would be instrumental in getting Abrams elected.

For example, Run The Jewels rapper and Great Value political commentator Killer Mike suggested that Abramsā€”a woman who was instrumental in galvanizing democratic Georgia voters in 2020ā€”was not doing enough to attract Black men. Mike even praised Kemp for ā€œrunning an effective campaignā€ with Black voters, despite the fact that Kempā€™s only connection to the Black vote appears to be his enthusiasm for making them disappear.

Unsurprisingly, the exit polls tell a different story.

1722651662650.png

Exit Polls Contradict Narrative That Stacey Abrams Lost Black Male Support In Georgia Gubernatorial Race​

First, letā€™s get one fact out of the way: Itā€™s hard AF to get a Black person elected as governor in this country.

On Tuesday, Wes Moore made history by becoming the very first Black person to be elected as governor of Maryland. But the statistic thatā€™s even more telling is the one that shows heā€™s only the third Black person to be elected as governor of any state in U.S. history. In other wordsā€”nobody should be surprised Stacey Abrams lost to incumbent Brian Kemp in Georgiaā€™s gubernatorial race.

In fact, Abramsā€˜ loss, unfortunate though it may be, provides an opportunity to dispel a loud and wrong narrative that prevailed throughout much of her campaign. The idea that Abrams was losing ground with the Black community, and Black men, in particular, turned out as false as the notion that Black male voters would be instrumental in getting Abrams elected.

For example, Run The Jewels rapper and Great Value political commentator Killer Mike suggested that Abramsā€”a woman who was instrumental in galvanizing democratic Georgia voters in 2020ā€”was not doing enough to attract Black men. Mike even praised Kemp for ā€œrunning an effective campaignā€ with Black voters, despite the fact that Kempā€™s only connection to the Black vote appears to be his enthusiasm for making them disappear.

Unsurprisingly, the exit polls tell a different story.

View attachment 989105

I don't disagree.

What I do stand by is that there wasn't as much excitement as you would think there would be--hence the 9% difference between black men and women.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
The Dems are.preoccupied with racial gender and sexuality division. Imagine if a GOP let alone the president if he was GOP and said. "Im looking for a white VP," ? You voted.for Biden and just as Harris.said "you got exactly what you voted.for"

Seems like the Dems want to represent different people. The Republicans are just trying to find legitimate ways of being racist.

I don't disagree.

What I do stand by is that there wasn't as much excitement as you would think there would be--hence the 9% difference between black men and women.
People tend to not be as excited over state races and that does need to change.

I stopped reading at dementia. You're weak, and are projecting. On a sidenote, parents need to be careful how they name their children. Bertram has spineless written all over it.
Trump does have dementia. Saying crazy shit in a loud voice is just saying crazy shit loudly.

Trump does have dementia. Saying crazy shit in a loud voice is just saying crazy shit loudly.
As I was arguing last week with someone....

Supposedly Harris has "rallied" the democrats and the polls are reflecting that. I say, "Thank goodness" but I also say, "What is it about a Trump presidency that didn't rally you before?" Democrats got to pull their heads out of their asses and understand the truth that the GOP learned long ago (one they seem to be forgetting by the way)...you can't govern if you don't win. In politics, winning is all that matters. The specter of a Trump presidency should motivate anyone with a conscience or a brain to work against it.

As I was arguing last week with someone....

Supposedly Harris has "rallied" the democrats and the polls are reflecting that. I say, "Thank goodness" but I also say, "What is it about a Trump presidency that didn't rally you before?" Democrats got to pull their heads out of their asses and understand the truth that the GOP learned long ago (one they seem to be forgetting by the way)...you can't govern if you don't win. In politics, winning is all that matters. The specter of a Trump presidency should motivate anyone with a conscience or a brain to work against it.
Yeah, Democrats in leadership need to get a backbone and forget about going high when Republicans go low. It is time to get in the mud and get bloody. Republicans can dish it out, but they cannot take it.

Forum List

Back