Twitter Is Now Blocking All Users Without Twitter Accounts From Viewing Tweets

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
This just started today.

This kind of has implications about his commitment to free speech, doesn't it? I know, his website, and he can do what he wants.

I had been using nitter.it to get around it, but it seems that nitter is overloaded. Examples...
1688152227813.png

1688152340027.png

I am a big fan of Musk. Maybe I should bite the bullet and sign up?

This just started today.

This kind of has implications about his commitment to free speech, doesn't it? I know, his website, and he can do what he wants.

I had been using nitter.it to get around it, but it seems that nitter is overloaded. Examples...
View attachment 800230

View attachment 800231

I'm not on Twitter, so I checked Twitter search and it states I need an account/sign in.

Oh well, nevermind.

This just started today.

View attachment 800230

View attachment 800231

Good. Maybe the jerks who post Twitter crap will have to do something else. Like think for themselves.

I'm not on Twitter, so I checked Twitter search and it states I need an account/sign in.

Oh well, nevermind.

Yeah, same as everyone else. It's being widely reported.

(the workaround reported at this site above - using Nitter - is not currently working. Nitter is either overloaded or is being blocked by Musk.

Good. Maybe the jerks who post Twitter crap will have to do something else. Like think for themselves.
I tend to agree, and that's why I don't have a Twitter account - I don't want to participate in that nonsense.

But I was bummed when I could not reach the official White House tweets related to the Supreme Court rulings today. I had to go to Instagram instead, which is even more nauseating.

I tend to agree, and that's why I don't have a Twitter account - I don't want to participate in that nonsense.

But I was bummed when I could not reach the official White House tweets related to the Supreme Court rulings today. I had to go to Instagram instead, which is even more nauseating.
Blimey, I don't Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Reason being, I read psychology and on doing so about social media quite a number of years ago, I closed Facebook and never bothered with any other format.

A local restaurant lost out on business, their menu is only via Facebook, so we never use them.

Last edited:
Blimey, I don't Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Reason being, I read psychology and after doing about social media quite a number of years ago, I closed Facebook and never bothered with any other format.

A local restaurant lost out on business, their menu is only via Facebook, so we never use them.
I don't really "use them" either. I just go there to look at certain posts, usually from politicians and government entities.

I bet we have literally tens of thousands of government workers whom we pay salaries for that manage all the social media accounts...

Every government agencies has multiple social media accounts. Here's the energy department...

1688156559654.png
<===Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin.

This just started today.

View attachment 800230

View attachment 800231

i cannot read David Paulides Tweets anymore!

I don't really "use them" either. I just go there to look at certain posts, usually from politicians and government entities.

I bet we have literally tens of thousands of government workers whom we pay salaries for that manage all the social media accounts...

Every government agencies has multiple social media accounts. Here's the energy department...

View attachment 800244<===Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin.

All of which a single person could manage

Update & explanation:

Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted, claiming in a reply that the change is a “Temporary emergency measure,” blaming “data pillaging” for degrading the service for all users.

“Several hundred organizations (maybe more) were scraping Twitter data extremely aggressively, to the point where it was affecting the real user experience”

i cannot read David Paulides Tweets anymore!

LOL. Well, I go there for Biden's tweets, which are just as bad. Talk about conspiracy theories!

My blockers already blocked them anyway, so I wouldn't have noticed. lol quit using them as a source.

No. None whatsoever.

I meant in a philosophical sense - his commitments to freedom of speech - not a legal one.

So yes, there are potentially big implications if the average person doesn't have access to official communications from the government and other important entities.

White House posts stuff on Twitter you won't find at WhiteHouse.gov.

I meant in a philosophical sense - his commitments to freedom of speech - not a legal one.
Ahh.. yes. I really don't get him. He's done some great things, but now he seems to be going the way of Giuliani .
So yes, there are potentially big implications if the average person doesn't have access to official communications from the government and other important entities.

White House posts stuff on Twitter you won't find at WhiteHouse.gov.
That's dumb. That's on them.

Update & explanation:

Twitter owner Elon Musk tweeted, claiming in a reply that the change is a “Temporary emergency measure,” blaming “data pillaging” for degrading the service for all users.

“Several hundred organizations (maybe more) were scraping Twitter data extremely aggressively, to the point where it was affecting the real user experience”

LOL. Well, I go there for Biden's tweets, which are just as bad. Talk about conspiracy theories!
i wasn't being funny. i do not have a twitter account and i wish i could read David Paulides tweets again.

i wasn't being funny. i do not have a twitter account and i wish i could read David Paulides tweets again.
I thought you were mocking me with funny, as I often get accused of being an InfoWars fan simply because I am conservative. :) I am not familiar with Paulides but googled him and saw something about Bigfoot.

Supposedly, all the tweets will be back, but they are still blocked at the moment, and nitter.it is still down as well.

I had to go to Rumble to find Tucker Carlson's new episode about Assistant Secretary of Health, Admiral Levine.

I thought you were mocking me with funny, as I often get accused of being an InfoWars fan simply because I am conservative. :) I am not familiar with Paulides but googled him and saw something about Bigfoot.

Supposedly, all the tweets will be back, but they are still blocked at the moment, and nitter.it is still down as well.

I had to go to Rumble to find Tucker Carlson's new episode about Assistant Secretary of Health, Admiral Levine.
David Paulides has gone way beyond just Bigfoot. Google Missing 411 about the mysterious disappearances of people in national parks.

Forum List

Back