Tyreek Hill admits he contributed to the problem during his arrest.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It was smart of the Miami Police to quickly release the body cam video. It forced Tyreek to admit he was wrong in rolling his window UP while the officer was still engaged with him. I REPEAT since IM2 does not process information very well, I agree with most people that the Cops over-reacted and exerted unnecessary force on Tyreek. But as with most bad situations with Cops, it starts with the person being combative, not the Cop.

I agree that Hill should not have made rolling up his window a pissing match with the cops. However, he had already given the cop the required documents for a traffic stop: license, registration, and proof of insurance. The cop had everything necessary to write Hill and tickets he had earned and send him on his way. Hill had no further obligation to talk to the cop as per the 5th amendment.

Cops can order a driver out of his car for officer safety; however, IMO these cops were pissed that Hill didn't respect their authority.

I agree that Hill should not have made rolling up his window a pissing match with the cops. However, he had already given the cop the required documents for a traffic stop: license, registration, and proof of insurance. The cop had everything necessary to write Hill and tickets he had earned and send him on his way. Hill had no further obligation to talk to the cop as per the 5th amendment.

Cops can order a driver out of his car for officer safety; however, IMO these cops were pissed that Hill didn't respect their authority.

He was being belligerent as demonstrated by the rest of the incident. He’s ghetto trash. The epitome of democrat America.

It was smart of the Miami Police to quickly release the body cam video. It forced Tyreek to admit he was wrong in rolling his window UP while the officer was still engaged with him. I REPEAT since IM2 does not process information very well, I agree with most people that the Cops over-reacted and exerted unnecessary force on Tyreek. But as with most bad situations with Cops, it starts with the person being combative, not the Cop.

still doesnt justify the cops violently dragging him out of the car within 60 seconds of stopping him,,

and it wasnt illegal for him to roll it back up

when did he become combative??

Here is a full legal breakdown of the incident from an actual civil rights lawyer:

Turns out the cops were way out of line, treating him like a felon who committed a violent crime and not speeding, which is what he was stopped for. He was yanked out of the car after the cop illegally demanded that he keep his window down. The cops were WAY out of line.

Last edited:

Nothing he did rated the treatment he received.

Yes, he was a jerk, but that is not illegal...yet

Good for him to at least take some responsibility.
just another celebrity succumbing to social pressure,,

he did nothing illegal to justify the police violence used against him and followed all lawful commands within seconds of being told,,

It was a backhanded admittance, and he still wants the guy fired.

Forum List

Back