Tyreek Hill detained by police. Who's in the right? Who's in the the wrong?

Cougarbear

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2022
Hill wasn’t cooperative, but the cop could have cut him some slack
Why? If he didn't recognize him. He hadn't gotten his license and registration yet. Hill isn't someone would automatically know what he looks like. Michael Jordan, yes. Not Tyreek Hill. The tinted window thing is a big deal. In many states, it's illegal. It's dangerous for police officers.

Why? If he didn't recognize him. He hadn't gotten his license and registration yet. Hill isn't someone would automatically know what he looks like. Michael Jordan, yes. Not Tyreek Hill. The tinted window thing is a big deal. In many states, it's illegal. It's dangerous for police officers.
I think the cop was quick in pulling Hill out of the car, but I don’t he should lose job or be reprimanded for what he did. Ultimately Hill chose to be a pain in the ass and the cop wasn’t taking no shit.

I think the cop was quick in pulling Hill out of the car, but I don’t he should lose job or be reprimanded for what he did. Ultimately Hill chose to be a pain in the ass and the cop wasn’t taking no shit.
I would have asked him a couple more times and then pull the spoiled brat out of the car.

I've heard commentary on radio and TV about this. There are people saying the police should have known this was Tryreek Hill. Why would anyone assume the police would know what he looks like? Just because it's close to the stadium? Tyreek should have just kept the window down and complied. I don't see the police overreacting. I see Hill resisting instead of complying.
Some people think they are above the law, which was why Mr. Hill was speeding to his game and was pulled over for it. If you dont want to have to deal with law enforcement, then leave earlier to your game, drive the speed limit, and arrive without any delays.

just do what the police tell you to do, and you will be ok
about 70 policemen are murdered per year
there are reasons why they have to take precautions
suspicious behavior will get you in trouble

I've heard commentary on radio and TV about this. There are people saying the police should have known this was Tryreek Hill. Why would anyone assume the police would know what he looks like? Just because it's close to the stadium? Tyreek should have just kept the window down and complied. I don't see the police overreacting. I see Hill resisting instead of complying.
Tyreek Hill is an entitled ass. While that may play in NFL circles...in the real world it can be a liability~

I'd have to watch the video from beginning to end. But from what a few posts are saying, he rolled up the window and that pissed the police off.

Hill complied. You want to see Hill resisting you racist POS. Hill rolled down his window and handed the cop his license. Once he saw the name on the license he would have known it was Tyreek Hill. We have rights and one of them is that we do not have to coninue keeping our window rolled down after we hand the police our information.

The police were wrong, and hopefully we see some firings.

Tyreek Hill is an entitled ass. While that may play in NFL circles...in the real world it can be a liability~
Hill complied with the police. The cops acted like they were entitled in this situation. Now do you call Bryce Harper entitled? How about Sydney Crosby?

Hill complied. You want to see Hill resisting you racist POS. Hill rolled down his window and handed the cop his license. Once he saw the name on the license he would have known it was Tyreek Hill. We have rights and one of them is that we do not have to coninue keeping our window rolled down after we hand the police our information.

The police were wrong, and hopefully we see some firings.
You are right you racist pig. He did give him his driver's license. However, just because he did doesn't mean the officer know who Hill is. But, that doesn't mean anything in this case. The officer asked him to keep his window down. Officers need to look into the cars for their own safety. Hill was being a jerk. Keep the window down and talk to the officer. Maybe he would have recognized him or learn that he played in the NFL. Instead, Hill was a jerk. Like you.

We didn't see all this when the white golfer got done the same way in Louisville.

Hill complied with the police. The cops acted like they were entitled in this situation. Now do you call Bryce Harper entitled? How about Sydney Crosby?
LOL! I think that situations on the street are by nature tense, and that Hill acted like an entitled ass. Now, his buddies who rolled up attempting to suss out what was going on..well, obviously the cop peed himself a little and sat everyone down..probably NOT necessary.

Cuffing Hill...yeah, I support that.

You are right you racist pig. He did give him his driver's license. However, just because he did doesn't mean the officer know who Hill is. But, that doesn't mean anything in this case. The officer asked him to keep his window down. Officers need to look into the cars for their own safety. Hill was being a jerk. Keep the window down and talk to the officer. Maybe he would have recognized him or learn that he played in the NFL. Instead, Hill was a jerk. Like you.
He rolled down his window. He is not required to keep the window rolled down. We have rights and we do not have to comply wth everything a cop tells us. So like I said. once he saw the license he knew who Tyreek Hill was. There is no way he wouldn't. Not in Miami. Now if he had been some 4th string benchwarmer, I could understnd your rgument, but Hills is in local commercials, on bilboards, bus signs, etc., so I don't think yu can say that the cop didn't know. What probaby did happen was the cop wanted to make Hill understand his place. Because they also cuffed one of his teammates who was doing nothing at all.

You just want to see him resisting in order to try defending the cops action.

LOL! I think that situations on the street are by nature tense, and that Hill acted like an entitled ass. Now, his buddies who rolled up attempting to suss out what was going on..well, obviously the cop peed himself a little and sat everyone down..probably NOT necessary.

Cuffing Hill...yeah, I support that.
No he didn't. He rolled down the window like he was asked. This was bs and these cops need to lose their jobs.

He rolled down his window. He is not required to keep the window rolled down. We have rights and we do not have to comply wth everything a cop tells us. So like I said. once he saw the license he knew who Tyreek Hill was. There is no way he wouldn't. Not in Miami. Now if he had been some 4th string benchwarmer, I could understnd your rgument, but Hills is in local commercials, on bilboards, bus signs, etc., so I don't think yu can say that the cop didn't know. What probaby did happen was the cop wanted to make Hill understand his place. Because they also cuffed one of his teammates who was doing nothing at all.

You just want to see him resisting in order to try defending the cops action.
Do you know for a fact that he did not have to keep his window down? Do you have the law in front of you? As far as whether he knew who Hill was at that time, do you think he was even thinking about that? No. There are many people who do not follow pro football. That's your assumption. Someone should ask the officer if he knew at that time.
The other question is, are tinted windows allowed in Miami? I don't think so but could be wrong. This is a safety issue and I bet the courts would side with the officer on this one out of safety for the officer. The bigger issue is, why couldn't Hill keep his window down? Was he doing some drugs or something? Had a gun somewhere in the car? The officer doesn't know the answer to these and other questions. All he had to do was talk with the officer and maybe the officer would have asked for a selfie with him.

I would have asked him a couple more times and then pull the spoiled brat out of the car.
he was getting out of the car,, within 8 seconds of the first time they ordered him out they grabbed him and threw him on the ground even though he had one leg almost out of the car,,

the whole event wasnt even 60 seconds from the time the cop walked up to the car and they had him on the ground,,

he was getting out of the car,, within 8 seconds of the first time they ordered him out they grabbed him and threw him on the ground even though he had one leg almost out of the car,,

the whole event wasnt even 60 seconds from the time the cop walked up to the car and they had him on the ground,,
As quick as he is on the field he should have rolled the window down quickly and got out of the car in a split second. He was rude to the cops.

Forum List

Back