U.S. deploys B-52 bombers to Qatar for fight against Islamic State

You think they use the same technology as 50 years ago?
Did you actually read the op?
Yes. If I'd seen the article on Yahoo! or somewhere I would have read it, been mildly amused, and never thought about it again. My response was not to the article, but to your uninformed opinion coming from your viewpoint as a beggar.
You mean that it was clear to you that I do know that the B-52 are modernized but you decided to troll around?

Yes. If I'd seen the article on Yahoo! or somewhere I would have read it, been mildly amused, and never thought about it again. My response was not to the article, but to your uninformed opinion coming from your viewpoint as a beggar.
You mean that it was clear to you that I do know that the B-52 are modernized but you decided to troll around?
It was clear to me that you are in no position to scoff at whatever the U.S. decides to do to help your little dictator.

C-130 can drop sdb's ......probably cheaper
The B-52 can carry racks of SDB's, specifically the 285 lb. GBU 39/B. This is the ordinance often most favored by ground troops for close ground support. B-52's were set up to handle this particular mission and ordinance a few years ago. One B-52 is able to carry and deliver 110 of these bombs. A high flying platform over the battlefield with precision-guided bombs controlled by troops on the ground. Pick, point and wait for the GBU to make contact.

It was clear to me that you are in no position to scoff at whatever the U.S. decides to do to help your little dictator.
The squibs Obama is dropping on ISIS do not help anyone.

C-130 can drop sdb's ......probably cheaper
The B-52 can carry racks of SDB's, specifically the 285 lb. GBU 39/B. This is the ordinance often most favored by ground troops for close ground support. B-52's were set up to handle this particular mission and ordinance a few years ago. One B-52 is able to carry and deliver 110 of these bombs. A high flying platform over the battlefield with precision-guided bombs controlled by troops on the ground. Pick, point and wait for the GBU to make contact.
I know they can carry more but I doubt they ever come back dry

Squibs?

Brit?

Squibs?

Brit?
Funny word, isn´t it?

Forum List

Back