U.S. To Start Exporting Gas – Unless...

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The Al Jazeera America article shows the underside of the argument about America not only becoming self-sufficient in the production of natural gas but exporting it to the world.

Here's an example:

Federal regulators have received 31 applications from companies hoping to export natural gas to non-FTA countries. One site in Louisiana has gone through all the hoops and has begun construction; it expects to begin exporting in two or three years. Six others, including Cove Point, which have received “conditional” approval, just need an environmental review and a green light from the DOE before building.

But:

Mickey Shymansky, however, has plenty of company in Calvert County in his opposition to the expansion. Local homeowners and environmentalists have held meetings and raised questions about environmental effects and public safety, including the preparedness of emergency responders. (Dominion declined an interview request, citing “scheduling constraints as we prepare to receive two significant permits.” Calvert County officials did not comment, instead sending a link to a letter to a local newspaper written by the chief of a local fire department praising Dominion’s cooperation on training and equipment related to Cove Point.
)

It appears to me to be the same old story. We are finding all sorts of oil and gas deposits that could produce thousands upon thousands of jobs and boost failing economies. But, the same old groups that tried to stop logging for some nearly extinct bird, are screaming about their concerns in an effort to stop it.

We are going to see a lot of this in the next few years. Read more of this @ Reversing the flow: With Cove Point, U.S. seeks to become a gas exporter | Al Jazeera America

And then comes this:

Think economy is slow now? Wait until new Obama coal regs take effect . . .

calabrese051414.jpg

By Dan Calabrese, Wednesday, May 14, 2014

In case you ever wonder why the debate over global warming is important, remember that the left’s pushing of this notion has nothing to do with science and has everything to do with the big government expansion for which they need a rationale.

While the left trumpets the GOP's “War on Women” nobody's talking about Obama's “War on Energy.” It will not become a political event the general public pays attention until the electric bills soar through the roof and we find ourself with exorbitant heating costs. Read more @ Think economy is slow now? Wait until new Obama coal regs take effect . . . before you attack the messenger.

I don't care about environmental effects.

I think we should be hoarding our nonrenewable resources like natural gas for our own use.

Fuck the rest of the world.

I think we should be hoarding our nonrenewable resources like natural gas for our own use.

Maybe do the same with food? Stop exporting hundreds of millions of tons of grains year in and year out. That should significantly reduce cropland usage and go a long way towards helping an environment despoiled by the largest polluters in the world - agriculture.

Which reminds me... when is the EPA going after agriculture? When will Obama issue executive orders restricting the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers, etc.? :dunno:

Increased use of natural gas is what has reduced our country's emissions to near 20-year lows.

This is what would be exported... a cleaner worldwide environment.

Bringing cash back INTO our economy and reducing the trade deficit.

Adding domestic jobs and improving the GDP.

The U.S. stands poised to actually assist the world in this fight against so-called "global (fill in the blank)". Yet it is the Obama administration dragging its feet in issuing export permits, fighting hydraulic fracturing, imposing restrictive Endangered Species Act rules, locking away public lands (ANWR, eastern GOM, east and west OCS) all the while calling for an additional $40+ billion in taxes on.... the oil and natural gas industries.

You can't make this shit up, because this is a made-up Administration.

Made up of petrophobic anti development anti business buffoons.

BINGO!!!
Lets use up the rest of the worlds supply first.
Drill here? Hell no! The oil we take from here would only be sold on the open market and go to the highest bidder just like it does now.
Fuck the rest of the world!!!

Which reminds me... when is the EPA going after agriculture? When will Obama issue executive orders restricting the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers, etc.? :dunno:

as soon as your sister swallows

Forum List

Back