U.S. vs. China: What Aircraft Carriers Reveal About the Military Tech Race

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
China vs US military power: The Chinese are smarter, the Americans are stronger!

Any nation on earth would be crazy to challenge the US Navy. The US Navy can bring down a world of hurt on any force stupid enough to challenge it.

Of course President Potatohead is trying to change that by weakening the US military but for the time being we are by far the strongest.

They have a 4th carrier in the works now. I think the hull will be laid around the first if the year or so.....Combine those with their man-made island "carriers" and they are a force to be reckoned with.

Whose your gawd now?

They have a 4th carrier in the works now. I think the hull will be laid around the first if the year or so.....Combine those with their man-made island "carriers" and they are a force to be reckoned with.

Whose your gawd now?

While we can project naval AirPower around the globe, China’s four carriers can keep ours in check in their backyard

Whose your gawd now?
Remember the battle of Midway. ;)

China vs US military power: The Chinese are smarter, the Americans are stronger!

Dunno if I'd say that the Chinese are smarter, as they don't have near the experience of launching aircraft from a carrier that the US does. Nor do they have the number of carriers that we have. There are lots of moving parts and pieces that go on to make a carrier successful in it's deployment. The Chinese are brand new to this, so I don't really think you can say they are "smarter".

And, they don't have a nuclear powered carrier yet, meaning that even though they have the ability to launch jets at sea, their carriers don't have near the range of ours.

Sorry, but when it comes to carriers, the US still has the decided advantage.

Whose your gawd now?

Those islands aren't able to move, meaning that force projection is limited. And, with only 3 operational carriers, they don't have the ability to project force world wide.

The US has 11 carriers, and they currently carry around 65 aircraft, but that number can be bumped up to over 100 if necessary. China's carriers only carry 40 to 60 aircraft. We still have the advantage of numbers. Then, when you factor in that Naval pilots are the best in the world, it becomes even more significant.

Those islands aren't able to move, meaning that force projection is limited. And, with only 3 operational carriers, they don't have the ability to project force world wide.

The US has 11 carriers, and they currently carry around 65 aircraft, but that number can be bumped up to over 100 if necessary. China's carriers only carry 40 to 60 aircraft. We still have the advantage of numbers. Then, when you factor in that Naval pilots are the best in the world, it becomes even more significant.
What, do you think all 11 carriers would be pulled from other parts of the globe? I'd be surprised if we had parity in numbers when the shit hits the fan.

Our subs are our real advantage against a Chi-Com fleet.

What, do you think all 11 carriers would be pulled from other parts of the globe? I'd be surprised if we had parity in numbers when the shit hits the fan.

Our subs are our real advantage against a Chi-Com fleet.

Didn't say that. Said that because islands don't move, and they only have 3 carriers, global force projection is difficult, since they only have 3 carriers. We could put 5 carriers over there if needed, and still have 6 others to roam over other places in the world.

Global force projection cannot be done from an island.

As far as subs being the real advantage? If you are talking about our ballistic missile subs, they aren't as much of an advantage as they are a deterrent. If they have to launch their missiles, the whole world is gonna go to shit, because that means nuclear war. Fast attacks work about the same as a destroyer or cruiser, and are good for 1 to 1 or maybe 1 to 3 combat, but they aren't the force multiplier that you might think.

Remember the battle of Midway. ;)
What does that have to do with modern naval warfare unless to mean the chi-coms will crack or naval code....Hell it seems like they provided much of the inner workings of our communications hardware.

I really don't think a report on AF's fresh water condenser is going to come into play. ;)

Dunno if I'd say that the Chinese are smarter, as they don't have near the experience of launching aircraft from a carrier that the US does. Nor do they have the number of carriers that we have. There are lots of moving parts and pieces that go on to make a carrier successful in it's deployment. The Chinese are brand new to this, so I don't really think you can say they are "smarter".

And, they don't have a nuclear powered carrier yet, meaning that even though they have the ability to launch jets at sea, their carriers don't have near the range of ours.

Sorry, but when it comes to carriers, the US still has the decided advantage.

It is more than just having a carrier
You have to understand the doctrine and tactics behind how to use them

The US has 80 years experience

What the hell does the Wall Street Journal know about aircraft carriers? It's a very dangerous game to play when you assume that a superpower is "smarter" or "stronger".

What does that have to do with modern naval warfare unless to mean the chi-coms will crack or naval code....Hell it seems like they provided much of the inner workings of our communications hardware.

I really don't think a report on AF's fresh water condenser is going to come into play. ;)
We fought and won a 'modern' naval war in 1942, despite the odds favoring Japan.

China has the operating software to our fleet. Remember those mysterious crashes of Navy vessels when Trump first became President, when the Captain could not control his ship?

Forum List

Back