U2 Concert in Paris

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
I just watched it. I'm all like....I dunno..like...wtf?

I get the message. But all the big bands in the world aren't going to make peace with those who don't wish it. I kept thinking about Independence Day when the POTUS asked the alien what could be done for peace and the response was "NO PEEEEEACE. DIEEEEEEE". So when Bono said "lets show some sympathy for the terrorists loved ones", I about shit myself. Excuse me? The loved ones of the terrorists shouting in joy their murdering assholes are now in heaven with their 72 virgins. You can't reason with terrorists or any affiliated with them. So singing PEACE and showing clips of bombed cities and saying "we choose to show love" is...just crazy. You can love them til the cows come home but the feeling is not reciprocated and never will be. Ever. And then big words across the screen "Refugees welcome". I groaned.

NO PEEEEEACE. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! is their final words to us.

I mean..I really appreciate what Bono and the audience and actually most of the world is trying to do. I really do. BUT....its speaking to that alien. There will never be peace. We are to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Period. No ands ifs or buts about it.

btw...the Screaming Metal Eagles or whatever their name was...sucked.

Now, go up to that thing, hand it some flowers and say "we choose love" and be blasted to smithereens.

It was a great show. Loves the songs. Loved the spirit. But I was also dismayed.

They just don't get it.

I saw U2 at the Tokyo Dome during their Zoo TV tour and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The Eagles at Yokohama Stadium was probably the best.

I like Neil Young too but I can separate his politics from his wonderful music which is the soundtrack of my life really.

Forum List

Back