Uber self driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Police in a Phoenix suburb say one of Uber’s self-driving vehicles has struck and killed a pedestrian.

Oh self driving cars just oh so gawd dam cool aren't they. Hopefully they sue but you can e sure these leftist prick companies have immunity.
Why they aren't responsible, the computer AI did it. gawd you leftist are fkn idiots.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard that and there was a driver also in the car.
This is one of my fears. I just don’t know how they can respond properly to every given situation.

• Banned
This is one of my fears. I just don’t know how they can respond properly to every given situation.

Oh they are going to dream up many laws for this, and trust me it won't be in favor of the person these cars/trucks hit.
It will be in favor of the company.

Most can't relate to this one but these cars are going to choose if you life or die in split moment desiccation. Your choice if you had it might save your life instead the car will now decide.

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Police in a Phoenix suburb say one of Uber’s self-driving vehicles has struck and killed a pedestrian.

Oh self driving cars just oh so gawd dam cool aren't they. Hopefully they sue but you can e sure these leftist prick companies have immunity.
Why they aren't responsible, the computer AI did it. gawd you leftist are fkn idiots.

Someone was behind the wheel, there are almost no details about what caused the collision other than that the pedestrian was crossing outside of a crosswalk, but you hope they can sue? :lol:

I think this is probably the most dangerous time for self driving cars: the testing phase. They are probably an inevitability, though.

And of course human drivers don't "respond properly to every given situation," either.

If jets can fly all over the world by computer, the technology for driver-less cars will be perfected. Of course government could screw it up, like they often do.

Remember when I said once these things happen the lawsuit will fly? This is just one.

Wait until it expands to long trucking and a vehicle goes Maximum Overdrive on the highway and dozens are killed. These self driving cars will be spending more on lawsuits than on R&D.

• Banned

Someone was behind the wheel, there are almost no details about what caused the collision other than that the pedestrian was crossing outside of a crosswalk, but you hope they can sue? :lol:

omfg you are a liberal leftist....wake the hell up

If you had read the link, you would have seen that there was a driver behind the wheel when the pedestrian was struck, but you would have also seen that it was late at night/early in the morning when they were hit.

My question is, was she wearing something that wasn't able to be detected by the sensors? In some cases, you can actually defeat a motion sensor by moving slowly behind a large blanket. Saw the Mythbusters do that on one of their shows. Maybe she was wearing something that made her unable to be seen by the radar, and with it being dark, maybe that is why the optical sensor missed her as well.

Remember when I said once these things happen the lawsuit will fly? This is just one.

Wait until it expands to long trucking and a vehicle goes Maximum Overdrive on the highway and dozens are killed. These self driving cars will be spending more on lawsuits than on R&D.

Self driving semi trucks is one of the things they are actively pursuing with this autonomous driving thing.

Self driving semi trucks is one of the things they are actively pursuing with this autonomous driving thing.

I could see it working in an enclosed environment for sure. A salt mine or something like that.

On the public roads and highways? I wouldn't want to roll the dice on that one...

When you can understand what is in the real world, the corporate world of control without using a leftist brain maybe come back and see us. or maybe it will slap reality into your brain when someone you care about is hurt y one ( Gawd forbid) but sometimes you lefties can't figure anything out until it happens to you personally.

upload_2018-3-19_10-56-53.png

bye the way just because someone is in them doesn't mean they aren't driverless doofus.

If jets can fly all over the world by computer, the technology for driver-less cars will be perfected. Of course government could screw it up, like they often do.

Hey Gip, driving a car around town through traffic is like a million times more complicated than getting an airplane from Miami to Dallas. The human brain is the ultimate computer, putting a computer with a few cameras in charge of driving a car is like a driver with several drinks in him. How can the one be illegal while the other merely "cool tech?" I'm not crazy about technology to assist the driver, but trying to use it to replace him is something I want no part of.

The reason why you don't hear about a plane as much is because of there being more space in the sky for a plane compared to what there isn't for cars down here on the road.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

bye the way just because someone is in them doesn't mean they aren't driverless doofus.

I didn't say the car wasn't self-driving. I said there was someone behind the wheel, which in these sorts of tests, generally indicates someone who can take control if necessary. "As a precaution, the vehicles have a safety engineer who can take control if necessary." Uber suspends testing of self-driving cars after crash

Also, it would be "by the way," not "bye the way." You also might want to capitalize when you begin a sentence. You also might want to figure out where to put punctuation. Really, you'd probably just be better off not calling anyone a doofus when you have such a hard time with basic grammar and spelling. ;)

Hey Gip, driving a car around town through traffic is like a million times more complicated than getting an airplane from Miami to Dallas. The human brain is the ultimate computer, putting a computer with a few cameras in charge of driving a car is like a driver with several drinks in him. How can the one be illegal while the other merely "cool tech?" I'm not crazy about technology to assist the driver, but trying to use it to replace him is something I want no part of.

That's an odd comparison, calling a computer-controlled car "like a driver with several drinks in him." It seems entirely inaccurate to me, for a number of reasons. What makes you think that is a valid comparison?

Forum List

Back