Ukrainian Commander Urges More Defenses in the Northeast

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
In an apparent break with Pentagon advice, Gen. Oleksandr Syrsky, the commander of Ukraine’s eastern forces, called for “all measures” to defend an area where Russia was threatening to take more territory.

Remote : Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:29:09 +0000
Local : 2023-08-26(Saturday) 12 : 29 : 09

Found via NicerApp WebOS

when are we gonna stop tip-toeing over Ukraine?
either we make 'm win, or we push 'm into the negotiating rooms.
or am i being too simplistic here? please specify the reasons if i am.

Quite nice to hear a Kyiv Nazi Commander with a sense of humour. Albeit unintended . They have run out of reserves of everything and the poor chap has no idea . Every commander the length of the front line is shouting the same . It is very hard on the Ukey women , kids and over 50s who are all that is left of the home grown fighters . .

If the Ukraine wants a real war then they will get one.

But will the Ukraine get America and Nato countries fully involved?

No! Neither side's plan includes nuclear war. America's last hope of winning their war depends on the Ukraine agreeing to continue a limited war and that means, to the last standing Ukrainian soldier.

In an apparent break with Pentagon advice, Gen. Oleksandr Syrsky, the commander of Ukraine’s eastern forces, called for “all measures” to defend an area where Russia was threatening to take more territory.

Found via NicerApp WebOS

They are never going to win. Not without US troops doing the work anyway, which we wont do, so Ukraine is not going to win the war. We can really stick it to Russia and make it costly for them, but it comes at the expense of Ukrainian lives. Im hearing from people who have actually been over there who say that the losses are staggering. Ukraine is losing an entire generation.

They are never going to win. Not without US troops doing the work anyway, which we wont do, so Ukraine is not going to win the war. We can really stick it to Russia and make it costly for them, but it comes at the expense of Ukrainian lives. Im hearing from people who have actually been over there who say that the losses are staggering. Ukraine is losing an entire generation.
i'm forwarding a link to this post of yours to whitehouse.gov/contact, in the hopes of giving the Ukranians the quick win they deserve.

i'm forwarding a link to this post of yours to whitehouse.gov/contact, in the hopes of giving the Ukranians the quick win they deserve.
I guess you have to define what you mean by "win". If that means taking back Crimea, you can forget about that. Putin will never give up Crimea. He cant give it up. Russia needs that port. They are fucked without it.

Furthermore, if Putin pulls back his troops and admits defeat, he is a dead man. His own nation will eat him alive. There is no shortage of wicked men in Russia who want to take Putin's spot. They will pounce if he loses. Putin knows this, which is why he would use nukes before giving up Crimea. There is no scenario in which Putin gives up Crimea.

So what is a "win"? Thats the question that the White House needs to answer. The truth is, they are obviously completely fine with continuing this war. They dont want to define what a "win" is because, there is no "win".

Everyone can make their own assumptions as to why the Biden administration wants to continue this. Personally, i think Joe is being blackmailed by Zelensky. They have the goods on Joe's bribery scheme. Why wouldnt they? Its a corrupt nation, it makes perfect sense, to me at least.

There are also a lot of other outside pressures that are pushing for this war. Not just the weapons industry, but apparently a bunch of new companies have popped up in DC who are vying for the rights to rebuild Ukraine after the war is over. You're talking about multibillion dollar contracts. They are no doubt putting pressure on Joe (and people who work for Joe) to continue this war in order to destroy more cities and homes. There is a lot of money to be made from rebuilding Ukraine. They dont sell it that way to the White House, they instead say things like "Ukraine must be protected. Send more weapons!". They make it much more palatable that way.

DC is an ugly place behind closed doors.

Last edited:
I guess you have to define what you mean by "win". If that means taking back Crimea, you can forget about that. Putin will never give up Crimea. He cant give it up. Russia needs that port. They are fucked without it.
etc
I assume a Peacefan quick Ukey win is a ceasefire ASAP in order to preserve some parts of former Ukraine and halt the effective genocide of remaing Ukey males . But there is no reason for Dear Uncle P to even consider this , because without further escalation Moscow will have Donbass plus Kharkov , Zaporozhye , Kherson and Odessa , at minimum. Absolutely certain even if they do not start their major offensive until Spring .Kyiv has run out of men . Not just ordnance And whatever settlement NATO is forced to accept,Moscow will never allow the US to exert the type of corruption that you suggest would likely occur if Moscow does not have real control over the whole country, with the possible exception of a Kyiv enclave .

Furthermore, if Putin pulls back his troops and admits defeat, he is a dead man. His own nation will eat him alive. There is no shortage of wicked men in Russia who want to take Putin's spot. They will pounce if he loses. Putin knows this, which is why he would use nukes before giving up Crimea. There is no scenario in which Putin gives up Crimea.

So what is a "win"? Thats the question that the White House needs to answer. The truth is, they are obviously completely fine with continuing this war. They dont want to define what a "win" is because, there is no "win".

Everyone can make their own assumptions as to why the Biden administration wants to continue this. Personally, i think Joe is being blackmailed by Zelensky. They have the goods on Joe's bribery scheme. Why wouldnt they? Its a corrupt nation, it makes perfect sense, to me at least.

There are also a lot of other outside pressures that are pushing for this war. Not just the weapons industry, but apparently a bunch of new companies have popped up in DC who are vying for the rights to rebuild Ukraine after the war is over. You're talking about multibillion dollar contracts. They are no doubt putting pressure on Joe (and people who work for Joe) to continue this war in order to destroy more cities and homes. There is a lot of money to be made from rebuilding Ukraine. They dont sell it that way to the White House, they instead say things like "Ukraine must be protected. Send more weapons!". They make it much more palatable that way.

DC is an ugly place behind closed doors.
thank you for this clarification, it seems very plausible to me.

I assume a Peacefan quick Ukey win is a ceasefire ASAP in order to preserve some parts of former Ukraine and halt the effective genocide of remaing Ukey males . But there is no reason for Dear Uncle P to even consider this , because without further escalation Moscow will have Donbass plus Kharkov , Zaporozhye , Kherson and Odessa , at minimum. Absolutely certain even if they do not start their major offensive until Spring .Kyiv has run out of men . Not just ordnance And whatever settlement NATO is forced to accept,Moscow will never allow the US to exert the type of corruption that you suggest would likely occur if Moscow does not have real control over the whole country, with the possible exception of a Kyiv enclave .

i think the divide is too deep over there to settle for just a Kyiv enclave.
a new .org is reporting that around 90% of Ukranians want to actually win back their old territories.

now i don't know if that's biased reporting or the result of years of extremely-nationalistic propaganda-isms by Zelensky & co,
but it's safe to say that most Ukranians want their old territories back.

oh God, i wish we could allow Ukraine to enter NATO.
i wish we could properly back the Ukranians.

Last edited:
maybe we should just give the Ukranians all the long range missiles (IRBMs if need be) to obliterate that naval base in Crimea.
take away the incentive for Putin & co to hold on to Crimea.

Found via NicerApp WebOS

It’s the Ukrainians war to fight, they will suffer the consequences of losing or reap the benefits of winning. We didn’t try to tell the British how to fight their war in 1941 because we were giving them Lend-Lease.

It’s the Ukrainians war to fight, they will suffer the consequences of losing or reap the benefits of winning. We didn’t try to tell the British how to fight their war in 1941 because we were giving them Lend-Lease.
i'll look up those lend-lease arrangement agreements when i have some more time.
right now i wanna get to implementing some hard to build new features for the rich text editor for my Said.by blogging platform :)

Forum List

Back