UN Arms Trade Treaty Approved

I'm sure that resolution will work fine for the legal arms dealers. I'm also sure that all the illegal dealers in guns, and there are loads of em out there, will totally ignore it.

How many illegal arms dealers sell Apache helicopters or JDAMs?

I'm sure there's none.

There are lots of people trafficing the small arms that are the focus of the UN bed wetters. They will continue to sell their products, if anything for an increased profit.

Furthermore with the track record of incompetence and corruption of the UN, small arms will likely proliferate even more so. I wouldn't be suprised if we see gun fights between gangs with select fire and crew served weapons soon.

Another U.N. decision the U.S can selectively ignore. I thought neonuts hated the U.N. ?

I don't care much for the UN. But I believe any conversation about any UN treaty should be based on facts. Opposing a treaty or law or policy, or anything at all, based on a mountain of false premises is not good for one's mental health, and will frequently result in catastrophic failure when elections roll around.

One small fallacy in your analysis of this treaty is that it is open to interpretation by the US Supreme Court, and our history shows that they can turn an acorn into a giant oak in just one dumbass decision. In addition, it is open to interpretation by an international court.

Our Constitution states that international treaties are the law of the land. That means that our Constitution can be modified by a simple vote of the US Senate. Our forefathers never dreamed that these types of treaties would even exist, let alone threaten our constitution.

Consequently, even a hint that a UN arms treaty could be a threat to the second amendment, should give us all a reason to listen very closely to the debate over what this treaty does, or does not, require. It is not just the wording of the treaty, but how that wording can possibly be interpreted by people with agendas.

My two major objections, first it creates another UN bureaucracy that we will wind up funding the lions share of. Two, the amendment process, would amendments be subject so senate ratification? For me that's enough to vote no and I will tell my senators exactly that.

Unless you plan to write him a fat check......your Republican Senator wont give a fuck what you have to say.

My two major objections, first it creates another UN bureaucracy that we will wind up funding the lions share of. Two, the amendment process, would amendments be subject so senate ratification? For me that's enough to vote no and I will tell my senators exactly that.

Unless you plan to write him a fat check......your Republican Senator wont give a fuck what you have to say.

My republican senators won't need a check to vote against this.

Thought this pertained to guns not helicoptors or JDAM's.

After all my exhortations to read the treaty, you didn't, did you. :evil:

Article 2:
This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:
(a) Battle tanks;
(b) Armoured combat vehicles;
(c) Large-calibre artillery systems;
(d) Combat aircraft;
(e) Attack helicopters;
(f) Warships;
(g) Missiles and missile launchers; and
(h) Small arms and light weapons.

The Senate passed a bill in the early hours on Saturday 3-23-13 (53 to 46), that would exclude us from the UN Arms Trade Treaty.
Senate Votes to Keep U.S. Out of UN Arms Trade Treaty.
So we don't need to worry about it.

I guess the arms makers got to them ahead of time. :lol:

In the pre-dawn hours Saturday, the Senate approved a measure “to uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”

By a vote of 53-46, the Senate passed the amendment to the budget bill sponsored by Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.).

Here is Inhofe's Open Secrets page: James M. Inhofe: Campaign Finance/Money - Summary - Senator 2012 | OpenSecrets

The dude is totally owned by the arms makers affected by the treaty!

Here are his top 20 contributors:

20uwxuq.gif

The Senate passed a bill in the early hours on Saturday 3-23-13 (53 to 46), that would exclude us from the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

Remember I said the opponents to the treaty would manufacture a lot of bullshit?

Check this out from your link:

The measures also points out that UN gun grab “fails to expressly recognize the fundamental, individual right to keep and to bear arms and the individual right of personal self-defense, as well as the legitimacy of hunting, sports shooting, and other lawful activities pertaining to the private ownership of firearms and related materials, and thus risks infringing on freedoms protected by the Second Amendment.”

A "UN gun grab". :rolleyes:

Jesus H. Christ. What's it tell you that US Senators are drinking Boeing's piss?

Last edited:

Also from that link:

A resolution of similar intent sponsored by Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) is currently pending before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

So Inhofe and Moran sponsored the amendment and the resolution.

Is it just a coincidence the number one donor to both of those Senators is Koch Industries?

Hmmmm...I wonder who wrote the amendment and the resolution...

The ATT was just approved by the United Nations General Assembly. Iran, North Korea, and Syria did their very best to block it, but it has finally passed.

You are going to be hearing a great deal of nonsense about the ATT in the coming days. You are going to hear it is a treaty which will allow Obama to come fer yer gunz. You will hear it is a treaty which violates the Second Amendment.

And that is complete bullshit. But don't take my word for it. Read the treaty for yourself: http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf

When someone makes a ridiculous claim about the ATT, give them that link and ask them to quote the part where Obama gets to come for your guns, or quote the part which violates the Second Amendment.

Read it. Seriously. Read the goddam thing before you listen to some on air dipshit or foam flecked rabid blogger or watch some paranoid YouTube video accompanied by doom music.

READ IT!!!

The treaty requires exporters of arms to not export weapons to other countries if doing so:

(a) would contribute to or undermine peace and security;
(b) could be used to:
(i) commit or facilitate a serious violation of international humanitarian law;
(ii) commit or facilitate a serious violation of international human rights law
(iii) commit or facilitate an act constituting an offence under international conventions or protocols relating to terrorism to which the exporting State is a Party; or
(iv) commit or facilitate an act constituting an offence under international conventions or protocols relating to transnational organized crime to which the exporting State is a Party.

Small wonder that Iran, North Korea, and Syria tried to stop it.

154 of 193 nations voted in favor of the treaty. That's a slam dunk.

It will become international law once 50 of those countries have ratified it. Considering the overwhelming vote in the General Assembly, that 50 country ratification will probably happen very quickly.

Gun makers are not happy about this treaty. They have been trying to poison little minds against this treaty for a while now, manufacturing all kinds of bullshit about what it is and what it does.

They are going to lose a lot of money if they can't sell arms to shitholes like Iran, North Korea, and Syria or to tinpot dictators.

So read the treaty for yourself. It's not that long. Won't take but a few minutes to read it and arm yourself against the massive landslide of unadulterated bullshit that's about to be shoveled into the mouths of mindless parrots over it.

It looks like what would "fit" under the treaty is open to some serious "interpretation."

So, the way in which the treaty could be used to negatively impact gun rights in this nation is actually pretty obvious.

Your Democrat Senator probably doesn't give a damn about what you say either, numbskull.

Hitler himself would have loved this law!

Wow g5000, thanks! Your bros at StormFront must be so fucking happy

The ATT was just approved by the United Nations General Assembly. Iran, North Korea, and Syria did their very best to block it, but it has finally passed.

You are going to be hearing a great deal of nonsense about the ATT in the coming days. You are going to hear it is a treaty which will allow Obama to come fer yer gunz. You will hear it is a treaty which violates the Second Amendment.

And that is complete bullshit. But don't take my word for it. Read the treaty for yourself: http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/Draft_ATT_text_27_Mar_2013-E.pdf

When someone makes a ridiculous claim about the ATT, give them that link and ask them to quote the part where Obama gets to come for your guns, or quote the part which violates the Second Amendment.

Read it. Seriously. Read the goddam thing before you listen to some on air dipshit or foam flecked rabid blogger or watch some paranoid YouTube video accompanied by doom music.

READ IT!!!

The treaty requires exporters of arms to not export weapons to other countries if doing so:

(a) would contribute to or undermine peace and security;
(b) could be used to:
(i) commit or facilitate a serious violation of international humanitarian law;
(ii) commit or facilitate a serious violation of international human rights law
(iii) commit or facilitate an act constituting an offence under international conventions or protocols relating to terrorism to which the exporting State is a Party; or
(iv) commit or facilitate an act constituting an offence under international conventions or protocols relating to transnational organized crime to which the exporting State is a Party.

Small wonder that Iran, North Korea, and Syria tried to stop it.

154 of 193 nations voted in favor of the treaty. That's a slam dunk.

It will become international law once 50 of those countries have ratified it. Considering the overwhelming vote in the General Assembly, that 50 country ratification will probably happen very quickly.

Gun makers are not happy about this treaty. They have been trying to poison little minds against this treaty for a while now, manufacturing all kinds of bullshit about what it is and what it does.

They are going to lose a lot of money if they can't sell arms to shitholes like Iran, North Korea, and Syria or to tinpot dictators.

So read the treaty for yourself. It's not that long. Won't take but a few minutes to read it and arm yourself against the massive landslide of unadulterated bullshit that's about to be shoveled into the mouths of mindless parrots over it.

It looks like what would "fit" under the treaty is open to some serious "interpretation."

So, the way in which the treaty could be used to negatively impact gun rights in this nation is actually pretty obvious.

Obvious? Yes

But not to g5000

Forum List

Back