Unabomber Dead at 81. Why Was He in Supermax Florence ?

The simple answer is that is where the court that sentenced him sent him.
As to why the judge saw fit to send him there may never be made public.
He was dangerous, even behind bars.

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, is said to have murdered 50+, but convicted of only about 13, is not in federal supermax; nor was Ted Bundy even though he escaped from local max twice.

I don't get it.
Maybe they should be/should have been? But certainly somebody of the mentality of the Unabomber should not ever be allowed to have access to the public ever again.

For those old enough to remember the Unibomber, Theodore Kaczynki, why was he placed in the highest security prison in the world.

The guy was a genius, a PHD from Harvard, and not given to violence on a personal level. I know math is racist, but cannot be said to be necessarily violent.

So why?

he was a demafasict brownshirt terrorist he was where he should of been

The sentence is up to the judge. The terms of incareration is not
Not true. A judge doesn't always determine terms of incarceration, but they may.
My opinion, and it is just that, is that kazinski was held the way he was to limit his influence on other would be criminal people.
He was a suspect in the Tylenol poisoning killings in the 80's.
He was an influencer of Timothy McVeigh, who was reported to be thrilled to meet him in prison.
We really don't know the extent of who he influenced or what they did.
Only thing I know for sure is the world is better off now that he is dead.

He evaded apprehension for 20 years and was a menace to lots of people when he was free. Terrorist. Killer. Ability to run and hide and stay hidden. Obvious menace.

Safest location for him is to be buried under a Super Max.

Not true. A judge doesn't always determine terms of incarceration, but they may.
My opinion, and it is just that, is that kazinski was held the way he was to limit his influence on other would be criminal people.
He was a suspect in the Tylenol poisoning killings in the 80's.
He was an influencer of Timothy McVeigh, who was reported to be thrilled to meet him in prison.
We really don't know the extent of who he influenced or what they did.
Only thing I know for sure is the world is better off now that he is dead.
Other than the fact he is dead, the rest is very weird. Kaczynski was definitely an oddball, but those in themselves is not a reason to send the worst of the worst to ADX.

Other than the fact he is dead, the rest is very weird. Kaczynski was definitely an oddball, but those in themselves is not a reason to send the worst of the worst to fed ADX.
Other than the fact he is dead, the rest is very weird. Kaczynski was definitely an oddball, but those in themselves is not a reason to send the worst of the worst to fed ADX.

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, is said to have murdered 50+, but convicted of only about 13, is not in federal supermax; nor was Ted Bundy even though he escaped from local max twice.

I don't get it.
Because Ted targeted the government establishment. No sin (in their eyes) is greater. It's why they're after Trump. It doesn't matter what you do, if you are opposed to tyranny, then tyrants want your head.

I am a bit of an expert on penology. I am dealing with people who have no idea.
7ox5v2.jpg

Forum List

Back