UPDATE: F.B.I. Says Michigan Anti-Government Group Plotted to Kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

Storming the State Capitol. Instigating a civil war. Abducting a sitting governor ahead of the presidential election.

Those were among the plots described by federal and state officials in Michigan on Thursday as they announced terrorism, conspiracy and weapons charges against 13 men. At least six of them, officials said, had hatched a detailed plan to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat who has become a focal point of anti-government views and anger over coronavirus control measures.

The group that planned the kidnapping met repeatedly over the summer for firearms training and combat drills and practiced building explosives, the F.B.I. said; members also gathered several times to discuss the mission, including in the basement of a shop that was accessible only through a “trap door” under a rug.

Life sentence, if they're found guilty.

Do you think they're guilty?

Which of those were the FBI agents that started the entire plot?

There were TWELVE FBI agents/informers "helping" to cook up this plot and supplying materials for it. TWELVE were assisting SIX. IOW, the only chance these inept, angry fools had for success came from the FBI minions who HELPED PLAN IT.

I'm going to have to see a link to believe that.

Storming the State Capitol. Instigating a civil war. Abducting a sitting governor ahead of the presidential election.

Those were among the plots described by federal and state officials in Michigan on Thursday as they announced terrorism, conspiracy and weapons charges against 13 men. At least six of them, officials said, had hatched a detailed plan to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat who has become a focal point of anti-government views and anger over coronavirus control measures.

The group that planned the kidnapping met repeatedly over the summer for firearms training and combat drills and practiced building explosives, the F.B.I. said; members also gathered several times to discuss the mission, including in the basement of a shop that was accessible only through a “trap door” under a rug.

No one believes the FBI. Why should they?

Their guilt will be determined in a court of law.

Their rhetoric is typical of the violent, lawless right.

The defendants are: Adam Fox, 38, the alleged ringleader, of Potterville; Barry Croft, 46, of Bear, Delaware; Kaleb Franks, 27, of Waterford; Daniel Harris, 24, of Lake Orion; and Brandon Caserta, 33, of Canton. A sixth man, Ty Garbin, 26, of Hartland Township, pleaded guilty to his role a year ago and is serving a six-year prison sentence. He is expected to testify against the others.

- Detroit Free Press

Forum List

Back