US Approves Cluster Bombs for Ukraine

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Looks like cluster bomb munitions have been approved for shipment to Ukraine. I imagine this will primarily be in the form of artillery and rocket artillery/SAMs. This has got to tick off our Russobot compatriots. You know who you are! :salute:

US plans to send controversial cluster munitions to Ukraine- reports​

Published
1 hour ago
Related Topics
President Joe Biden delivers remarks on the U.S. economy at a factory that makes solar energy microinverters South Carolina on July 6, 2023
IMAGE SOURCE,REUTERS
By Madeline Halpert
BBC News, New York

The US is planning to send Ukraine a cluster munitions package to help in its counteroffensive against Russia, US media reports.
Ukraine has been asking for the weapons for months amid an ammunition shortage.
Cluster munitions - which are banned by more than 100 countries - are a class of weapons that contain multiple explosive bomblets called submunitions.
The Biden administration is expected to announce the package on Friday, the BBC's US partner CBS News reports.
US officials had reportedly been hesitant to supply Ukraine with cluster munitions as they can kill indiscriminately over a wide area, threatening civilians. The US has a stockpile of these cluster bombs, which were first developed during World War II.
The munitions are controversial because of their high failure rates, meaning unexploded bomblets can linger on the ground for years and possibly detonate later on.

US law prohibits the transfer of cluster munitions with bomblet failure rates higher than 1% - meaning more than 1% of the bomblets in the weapon do not explode - but President Joe Biden is able to bypass this rule.
Defence Department officials told reporters on Thursday the Biden administration was considering sending cluster munitions with a failure rate lower than 2.35%.

Looks like cluster bomb munitions have been approved for shipment to Ukraine. I imagine this will primarily be in the form of artillery and rocket artillery/SAMs. This has got to tick off our Russobot compatriots. You know who you are! :salute:

Nothing like cheering on the use of munitions that have been banned in over 100 nations.

CheneySmile.jpg

That's great, I like cluster bombs. Except now Russia will have a reason to use their own.

Now tell me, how long have you been seeing these imaginary "Russobots" behind every post on a discussion board? Psychiatrists do have drugs you can take for hallucinations, ya know. You might want to check in to that.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
And my predictions of being inevitably drawn more and more into this conflict continue to come true. The only way we avoid our troops getting killed over there is for Russia to completely fall apart before Quid Pro is replaced next year.

Yayyy more civilian deaths! :rolleyes:

They need to approve them for crowd control during rioting and looting.

According to the latest Coalition report, cluster bombs killed or injured 417 people last year, with children making up one third of the casualties.
Children represented nearly half (44 per cent) of all casualties where the age was known, and a quarter were women and girls, who in 2020 were less likely to survive an attack.
Many fail to detonate, leaving a trail of explosive remnants and submunitions that threaten lives and make farm land off-limits, creating barriers to socio-economic development
civilians remain the primary victims of cluster munitions at the time of the attacks and after the conflict has ended and accounted for all casualties recorded in 2020.

Fuck you war mongering pieces of shit

Forum List

Back