US made 2 wire payments to Iran before sending $1.7 billion in cash

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
What an incredible liar is Obama. 400 million in untraceable currency which was sent circumventing US law as Obama admits himself. Why does he feel the need to lie so much? Where is the Congress, where is the FBI? Do we as Americans just not care?

US made 2 wire payments to Iran before sending $1.7 billion in cash

The United States made at least two separate payments to the Iranian government via wire transfer within the last 14 months, a Treasury Department spokesman confirmed Saturday, contradicting explanations from President Barack Obama that such payments were impossible.

Responding to questions at an August 4 press conference about a $400 million payment delivered in cash to the Iranian government, Obama said, “[T]he reason that we had to give them cash is precisely because we are so strict in maintaining sanctions and we do not have a banking relationship with Iran that we couldn’t send them a check and we could not wire the money.”

This is a perfect example of why I keep saying Obama is the most damaging President in history. Here he has made it a priority to invigorate the most dangerous Terrorist State in the world with billions of dollars and the worst "Treaty" we've ever signed.

This is a perfect example of why I keep saying Obama is the most damaging President in history. Here he has made it a priority to invigorate the most dangerous Terrorist State in the world with billions of dollars and the worst "Treaty" we've ever signed.

I wonder how hard it was to negotiate a treaty where one party gets billions of dollars and they can pretty much continue doing what they were doing. Would seem that kind of treaty would be easy to negotiate. Then that same party can threaten our ships and planes. Beautiful, the perfect Obama historic treaty.j

Never the less, by his OWN words, Obama violated the sanctions placed on Iran.

Forum List

Back