🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Military Blocks Christian Website - Hostile Content

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
US Military Blocks Access to Christian Website, Due to ?Hostile Content? | Alternative

by Cassius Methyl
Intellihub.com
June 1, 2013

Recently, the pentagon and US military blocked access to the “Southern Baptist Convention” website, supposedly due to hostile content. This is extremely disturbing to those who wisely question their official reasoning for doing so, and it raises fierce concern about future government interference in Internet activity. Luckily, the infrastructure for an uninhibited Internet exists and growing, for example, there is the TOR Network (The Onion Router). No matter what, it seems, the Internet can not die.

Last edited:
So this story came out about time of censoring Facebook bloggers. Is that about right? ( timeline? )

No, it comes out at a time when both the US government AND the UN are trying to control the content of the internet!

Nobody seems to be listening to the warnings.:eusa_whistle:

By Anugrah Kumar , Christian Post Contributor
April 28, 2013|11:54 am
The website for the Southern Baptist Convention was unblocked after a piece of malware briefly shut down access to Southern Baptist Convention - Reaching the World for Christ on some military installations this week. Some Christian activists had accused the Defense Department of blocking the site intentionally.
"In this case, security systems performed as expected in detecting a threat to DoD [Department of Defense] networks," Fox News quoted Lt. Col. Damien Pickart, a spokesperson, as saying.

"We determined that our web filters recently detected malware at the SBC website, which resulted in the block for some service members," Pickart said Friday, and clarified that the block was not die to "hostile" or religious content. "The department has verified that the Southern Baptist Convention website no longer contains malware that may pose a threat to our networks and will be unblocked today."

Read more at US Military Unblocks Southern Baptist Website

Right. That is an interesting question. Was this intentional? In light of the recent moves by DOJ on freedom of speech to Christians, Jews, Hindus, Atheists, All Non - Muslims? What say you? - Jeri

Why am I skeptical about the "explanation"?

Ummm.... You are skeptical by nature? :eusa_eh: No? Oooookay then you are a bigot? .......umm.. no? Hmmmm.....:eusa_eh:

I know! You must be a Conspiracy theorist! That has got to be it! :eusa_hand: ( jk )

By Anugrah Kumar , Christian Post Contributor
April 28, 2013|11:54 am
The website for the Southern Baptist Convention was unblocked after a piece of malware briefly shut down access to Southern Baptist Convention - Reaching the World for Christ on some military installations this week. Some Christian activists had accused the Defense Department of blocking the site intentionally.
"In this case, security systems performed as expected in detecting a threat to DoD [Department of Defense] networks," Fox News quoted Lt. Col. Damien Pickart, a spokesperson, as saying.

"We determined that our web filters recently detected malware at the SBC website, which resulted in the block for some service members," Pickart said Friday, and clarified that the block was not die to "hostile" or religious content. "The department has verified that the Southern Baptist Convention website no longer contains malware that may pose a threat to our networks and will be unblocked today."

Read more at US Military Unblocks Southern Baptist Website

Apparently, there are those who DON'T want our Military to watch out for Malware. Interesting.

No reply from Depotoo?

I have no idea as posted above. What does matter is it was unblocked.

And don't take me for an Islamist lover as I am the furthest thing from it.

No man I'm sure it's an anti-religion conspiracy despite there being a perfectly plausible explanation :saracasm: :cool:

No reply from Depotoo?

"Islamist lover"? No.

Paranoid conspiracy-spreading idiot? Yes.

Oh, that's right, sure I am. Feel free to start a thread showing all the conspiracy theories I have posted. Otherwise, we know you are nothing but lying. I'll be waiting.

"Islamist lover"? No.

Paranoid conspiracy-spreading idiot? Yes.

Oh, that's right, sure I am. Feel free to start a thread showing all the conspiracy theories I have posted. Otherwise, we know you are nothing but lying. I'll be waiting.

Whoops, my bad, I thought Jeremiah was saying that. He's definitely a tin-foil wearer.

Sorry.

Jeri, any organization, business or government, can control its internet access for any reason.

Forum List

Back