Utah Billboard For Whites-Only Dating Site Sparks Outrage

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Both blacks and hispanics have several dating sites based on race.

So what's wrong with a dating site for white people? ...... :dunno:

skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg

The Salt Lake Tribune has photos of a billboard in West Valley City, UT, promoting a dating website called WhereWhitePeopleMeet.com. The website, which charges a $4 membership fee, says, “There are various dating websites that promote and cater to just about every origin, race, religion and lifestyle out there. So again, why not ‘Where White People Meet.Com?’” The site adds that anyone of legal age can join, provided they’re willing to abide by the rules and regulations. As of Saturday morning, the site had just under 300 subscribers.

Despite the site’s justification, connecting white daters is not exactly a niche market. Utah, where the billboard appears, is 91% white.

Besides advocating for the melanin-deficient, the site also appears to be strictly heteronormative. The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the only search options are for heterosexual pairings, with men able to search only for women and vice-versa.

A Utah Billboard Is Advertising Online Dating — If You're White

Both blacks and hispanics have several dating sites based on race.

So what's wrong with a dating site for white people? ...... :dunno:

skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg

The Salt Lake Tribune has photos of a billboard in West Valley City, UT, promoting a dating website called WhereWhitePeopleMeet.com. The website, which charges a $4 membership fee, says, “There are various dating websites that promote and cater to just about every origin, race, religion and lifestyle out there. So again, why not ‘Where White People Meet.Com?’” The site adds that anyone of legal age can join, provided they’re willing to abide by the rules and regulations. As of Saturday morning, the site had just under 300 subscribers.

Despite the site’s justification, connecting white daters is not exactly a niche market. Utah, where the billboard appears, is 91% white.

Besides advocating for the melanin-deficient, the site also appears to be strictly heteronormative. The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the only search options are for heterosexual pairings, with men able to search only for women and vice-versa.

A Utah Billboard Is Advertising Online Dating — If You're White

I wonder how these dating sites make sure the person is white, or black and whatever else. So many people get scammed on these websites. Lonely old people get sucked in and send their life savings to a scammer who uses a fake picture and name.

I don't see a problem. Like the OP said, there are dating sites for blacks, Chinese, Nigerians, etc.

Everyone is misunderstanding. The people are outraged at billboards. They hate billboards!

I don't see a problem. Like the OP said, there are dating sites for blacks, Chinese, Nigerians, etc.

Well, if you're going to be that choosy it's got to be hard finding a black Chinese Nigerian mate after all.

Everyone is misunderstanding. The people are outraged at billboards. They hate billboards!
A few months ago I drove thru the state of Vermont.

One of the first things I noticed was no billboards. Because in 1968 the state banned billboards.

It was so refreshing to see the beautiful countryside without a bunch of advertising cluttering up the scenery. ..... :cool:

A few months ago I drove thru the state of Vermont.

One of the first things I noticed was no billboards. Because in 1968 the state banned billboards.

It was so refreshing to see the beautiful countryside without a bunch of advertising cluttering up the scenery. ..... :cool:

Who the hell would be there to see it anyway? It's Vermont.

Forum List

Back