Uvalde victim calls police cowards

The Uvalde police were ordered to standdown. There is no other logical conclusion. People fail to understand the extent of the military nature of modern law enforcement.

Can't say I blame him.

He's earned the right to say what he wants and be heard.

I think it's unfair to speak ill of all the Uvalde PO's who simply followed their orders but he's more than entitled to his thoughts and feelings.

I'm shocked the Chief has not yet been run out of town on a rail.

I honestly don't see how the ISD Chief, Uvalde PD Chief, or Sheriff can keep their offices though because there's no way they haven't lost any faith the community had in them prior to this incident.

The DPS officers on the scene should have stepped in as well if the locals were unwilling to make a move so they have some serious explaining to do as well.

Hey, but at least their boss the police captain got a PROMOTION by the city before the dead kids were even buried! :smoke:
Actually, he had already been elected to the City Council before the incident but hadn't yet been sworn and seated.

If he had hair on his ass he'd resign both positions and leave town.

There is no legal way to prevent a duly elected official from taking their office in Texas.

Sure there is. Pass a law allowing for an emergency vote to reconsider his appointment to the city counsel. Just ask the Indians: white man can make anything happen by merely legalizing it.

And if not that then hold a special vote now to FIRE his ass off the police AND the counsel!

Sure there is. Pass a law allowing for an emergency vote to reconsider his appointment to the city counsel. Just ask the Indians: white man can make anything happen by merely legalizing it.

And if not that then hold a special vote now to FIRE his ass off the police AND the counsel!
You would have to recall the legislature to pass such a measure and I think it would actually require amending the state constitution. Not going to happen.

I'll be shocked right out of my shorts though if he isn't forced to resign and chased out of town before it's all over.

You would have to recall the legislature to pass such a measure and I think it would actually require amending the state constitution.
So? You sure seem to be looking for an EXCUSE.

Not going to happen.
Probably the problem with Uvalde to begin with.

I'll be shocked right out of my shorts though if he isn't forced to resign and chased out of town before it's all over.
That would be fine. We can only hope the people of the community run his ass out of town then charge him with murder.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.campussafetymagazine.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F05%2Frobb-elementary-victims.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Forum List

Back