🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

VA deal has been reached

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
The agreement would allow veterans facing long waits at VA facilities to seek care from private doctors, expand the VA secretary's authority to fire or demote staff for poor performance, establish 26 new VA health facilities in 18 states, including California, and provide $500 million for the hiring of new VA doctors and nurses.

Senate reaches bipartisan deal to fix VA 'crisis'*-*Los Angeles Times

So being able to bypass the long waits is a good thing and hopefully fixes that issue somewhat.

The proposed legislation also would extend college education benefits to the spouses of service members killed in the line of duty and guarantee in-state tuition for veterans at public colleges and universities. It also would establish a commission of experts to examine the VA healthcare system and recommend improvements.

so there is that as well.

Good. It is nice to see them actually do something rather than fight untill it slides off the front page of the news.

Not surprising though - this is one of the few areas where no politician wants to be on the wrong side.

The agreement would allow veterans facing long waits at VA facilities to seek care from private doctors, expand the VA secretary's authority to fire or demote staff for poor performance, establish 26 new VA health facilities in 18 states, including California, and provide $500 million for the hiring of new VA doctors and nurses.

So being able to bypass the long waits is a good thing and hopefully fixes that issue somewhat.

The proposed legislation also would extend college education benefits to the spouses of service members killed in the line of duty and guarantee in-state tuition for veterans at public colleges and universities. It also would establish a commission of experts to examine the VA healthcare system and recommend improvements.

Like I keep saying, the VA is what you get when the government works. All this is going to do is prove me right.

Like I keep saying, the VA is what you get when the government works. All this is going to do is prove me right.

everything always does in your world.

everything always does in your world.

You claimed you were willing to argue with me, and never came back. I am sure that says something about me.

Do you have a better way of taking care of vets?

Some good may come of this if the private sector health care for vets is held accountable.

Some good may come of this if the private sector health care for vets is held accountable.

I have personal reasons for wanting a complete invrestigation, no matter what improvements are made NOW.

RIP sister Beastie, Dona Sue No No.....I miss you. :(

Apparently, Sen. Sanders and McCain worked together on the bill. Maybe some on the Right will vote for it.

So the problem is long lines? With government health care?

I thought that didn't happen and was just RW propaganda...hmmmm

Or they are now supposed to see private sector doctors? and the the government?

That's what us RWs have been asking for......in the entire debate.

So my question is how many times do liberals have to see their bs explode in their face before they say...maybe we're wrong?

Last edited:
I thought that didn't happen and was just RW propaganda

You are caught out with your strawman; run along now.

So my question is how many times do liberals have to see their bs explode in their face before they say...maybe we're wrong?

so....their solution is to mimic the France system.....Lets let that sink in.

Actually, there were long lines of Iraq War vets needing help with PTSD during the last decade as majority of the VA's mental health staff weren't trained in how to handle PTSD. Neither was the Army or Navy. It's actually a decade long farce.

You have a link? or am I supposed to take your word for it?

I just think it's funny you posted an article that reinforces my belief that govt run anything sucks, longer wait times, while your side (the left) has said the exact opposite.....yet you post an article that reinforces my side....thanks man!

Govt healthcare sucks, you wait longer....and they should visit private sector doctors if the wait is too long?

and yet you say I'm wrong? Let that sink in....maybe you'll wakeup and quit being a stepford democrat.

Do you have a better way of taking care of vets?

Than throwing them under a bus called the government? I can think of several.

Why don't you let it sink in that, instead of the VA being the best thing ever, it is absolute proof that the government is totally fucked?

Forum List

Back