VA Dem Creigh Deeds in critical condition

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
He was stabbed by his son who then shot himself to death.

Virginia legislator Creigh Deeds stabbed, son dead

Creigh Deeds, a longtime state senator who ran unsuccessfully for governor of Virginia in 2009, was hospitalized with stab wounds Tuesday in an incident in which his son died of a gunshot wound, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reports.

Deeds, a 55-year-old Democrat, was in critical condition at the University of Virginia Medical Center, the newspaper said.

Democrat family values in action.

He was stabbed by his son who then shot himself to death.

Virginia legislator Creigh Deeds stabbed, son dead

Creigh Deeds, a longtime state senator who ran unsuccessfully for governor of Virginia in 2009, was hospitalized with stab wounds Tuesday in an incident in which his son died of a gunshot wound, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reports.

Deeds, a 55-year-old Democrat, was in critical condition at the University of Virginia Medical Center, the newspaper said.

This is truly so tragic, and yet, a sign of the times. A brilliant son who dropped out of college ( William and Mary ) and as treatment for mental illness evaluation, was just over, the son stabs the father multiple times in the head and chest and then, successfully, shoots himself and dies. The mother who has been divorced since 2009 from the senator, must be hysterical. This is so pitiful and my heart goes out to everyone affected directly and all others indirectly. :crybaby:

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Katz is a hopeless Hack...Creigh is a standup guy. We never know what personal family issues that some of us might face. He has been struggling for years with his son and the mental illness he was facing. Trying is make political fodder from the misfortunes of a family who has just suffered a dramatic and sudden loss is both classless and tasteless.

The boy was given a court ordered mental evaluation on Monday and he was ordered to be admitted to a hospital, but because there were no beds available he went home. This is a sad and tragic event.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Katz is a hopeless Hack...Creigh is a standup guy. We never know what personal family issues that some of us might face. He has been struggling for years with his son and the mental illness he was facing. Trying is make political fodder from the misfortunes of a family who has just suffered a dramatic and sudden loss is both classless and tasteless.

The boy was given a court ordered mental evaluation on Monday and he was ordered to be admitted to a hospital, but because there were no beds available he went home. This is a sad and tragic event.

Katz is da bomb and Creigh is a human being who has tried his best, as he defines that.

I don't know anything about him but he is democrat so he must have done something to deserve it.

You mean like this idiot?

This congressman was caught with cocaine, police say

Freshmen Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., was charged with misdemeanor possession of cocaine on Tuesday after an Oct. 29 arrest in Washington, according to D.C. Superior Court documents uncovered by Politico.

The 37-year-old Tea Party conservative is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday
In a statement released Tuesday, Radel acknowledged he had a problem and said he planned to seek treatment — but mentioned only alcohol, not cocaine.

“I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice. As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them.”

Trying to one up Canada?

So why did this upstanding Democrat allow his mentally ill son access to a firearm?

I thought only right-wing gun-nutters did this kind of stuff?

Three Virginia Hospitals Could Have Admitted Creigh Deeds' Son On Monday Night | ThinkProgress

Former Virginia gubernatorial candidate and current state Sen. Creigh Deeds’ (D) son Gus, who suffered from mental illness, could have been admitted to at least three Virginia psychiatric hospitals on Monday night. That contradicts previous claims that there weren’t enough beds open for him to use, the Washington Post reports.
The younger Deeds had a psychiatric exam performed under an emergency custody order, but was ultimately released on Monday after the Rockbridge Community Services Board failed to locate a hospital with a suitable bed for him. The following day, Deeds allegedly stabbed his father multiple times before taking his own life with a gun.
But spokespeople for multiple hospitals told the post that they would have taken Deeds in had they ever been contacted.
<more>

Three Virginia Hospitals Could Have Admitted Creigh Deeds' Son On Monday Night | ThinkProgress

Former Virginia gubernatorial candidate and current state Sen. Creigh Deeds&#8217; (D) son Gus, who suffered from mental illness, could have been admitted to at least three Virginia psychiatric hospitals on Monday night. That contradicts previous claims that there weren&#8217;t enough beds open for him to use, the Washington Post reports.
The younger Deeds had a psychiatric exam performed under an emergency custody order, but was ultimately released on Monday after the Rockbridge Community Services Board failed to locate a hospital with a suitable bed for him. The following day, Deeds allegedly stabbed his father multiple times before taking his own life with a gun.
But spokespeople for multiple hospitals told the post that they would have taken Deeds in had they ever been contacted.
<more>

Not all hospitals have secured psych wards where a patient can get the in-depth care that they need. Being admitted to a general hospital could have posed a danger to other patients. It sounds like a psych ward was the kind of unit the son should have been admitted to and that would require an open bed in the unit. I don't live in VA any more but I didn't think Western State was still open. Maybe it was only Eastern State that was closed.

It is a sad situation all the way around and it appears the parents have been very much participants in trying to help their son.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back