Valentine's Day

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Jamey Johnson, Raul Malo Make Vocal Magic on ā€˜To All The Girlsā€™

A smart selection for the upcoming Valentineā€™s Day holiday, the two venerable singers and songwriters stepped inside the studio for The Mavericksā€™ ā€œQuarantunesā€ series to perform the Hal David and Albert Hammond-written song ā€œTo All The Girls Iā€™ve Loved Beforeā€ made famous by the cross cultural collaboration of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias in 1984.

Jamey Johnson is for me, one of those "sing the phone book" guys- I like his voice and style- there is a video in the article-

I forgot there was a such a being as Julio Iglesias and I have never head of these two folks.

You know, I have never been a country music fan. Some 2-3 months ago I was driving out in the boondocks and trying to stay awake. There are some areas where all you are going to find are country music stations and Christian radio stations. They played 10 songs in a row and I knew like 8 of them. These are all songs that were over 30 years old. I don't know how this happened.

• Banned
These are all songs that were over 30 years old. I don't know how this happened.
Because most radio stations are corporate owned and pander to each others empty suits determining what is played to make who/what a success- which ain't really Country- there are many *independent* Country artist that are beating the system, similar to what Willie and Waylon did by doing their own thing. Although Wille and Waylon did use major labels the new successful independents don't- Cody Jinks, as an example has never enjoyed main stream radio play and has 2 (maybe 3, I can't remember) Gold certifications and 1 (IMS) Platinum certification with NO "Nashville corporate" help-

Jamey Johnson is a mostly a recluse that has had some success singing and writing- he's a pretty neat guy-

Forum List

Back