Vatican (sovereign nation) has MOST RESTRICTIVE immigration policy in world! Hypocrisy.

Then the Vatican is different. But, not a single person, from a single country, would be denied entry into the Vatican City.

Our use of tourist visas is the only comparable statistic here. The Vatican has ZERO immigration policy. You have to be a male Catholic priest and be invited to the Vatican to live in the Vatican.

The US on the other hand, how many people do I know who have been denied entry into the US? Quite a few actually. Russians and Chinese make up the top of this list.

We are under no obligation to take in everyone that comes to visit.

We have a lot of enemies who would like to come here and do us harm and the feds have a responsibility to keep suspicious people out.

Pope Francis’ call for immigration leniency unlikely to change debate

So I assume the Pope will lift the Vaticans most restrictive immigration policy on Earth so his nations policy is the same as his preachings.

Right?

Then again it has open borders. You don't need a passport to enter the Vatican City, you just walk in. You wouldn't even know where the border was if you entered the country.

There is hypocrisy there. The Pope talks about walls, well, don't Catholics make walls against gay people? Sure they do.

You just walk in, but for how long can you stay ? That's what needs to be focused on. It's easy to say, we don't have walls or borders and you don't need papers , but it's a meaningless if you are not free to stay on a permanent basis.

And what is the point of this discussion anyway?

The only point seems to be to try and big Trump up, and to put the Pope down. It's not hard to put the Pope down on various issues that conflict with his statement about walls, however people are going off on the most ridiculous of them all.

The Vatican TOOK IN Syrian refugees.

They took in 4 refugees from one family. Population of 842 took in 4 people. That's one person for every 210 people in the country.

The US would have to take in 1.4 million refugees to make it to that level. How many did the US take in.

I can play the game too. It's all nonsense, but i can play it.

So....the recap.

The Pope says anyone who wants walls built isn't a Christian and we should welcome all migrants. He's the president of a sovereign nation....The Vatican.

The Vatican has the most restrictive immigration policy in the world.
The Vatican has huge walls around it...built for the purpose of keeping Muslims out.

Mr. Pope.....Mr. Trump has made you look like the world's biggest hypocrite and he barely had to even respond.

So I assume the Pope will lift the Vaticans most restrictive immigration policy on Earth so his nations policy is the same as his preachings.

Right?

Then again it has open borders. You don't need a passport to enter the Vatican City, you just walk in. You wouldn't even know where the border was if you entered the country.

There is hypocrisy there. The Pope talks about walls, well, don't Catholics make walls against gay people? Sure they do.

You just walk in, but for how long can you stay ? That's what needs to be focused on. It's easy to say, we don't have walls or borders and you don't need papers , but it's a meaningless if you are not free to stay on a permanent basis.

The only point seems to be to try and big Trump up, and to put the Pope down. It's not hard to put the Pope down on various issues that conflict with his statement about walls, however people are going off on the most ridiculous of them all.

They took in 4 refugees from one family. Population of 842 took in 4 people. That's one person for every 210 people in the country.

The US would have to take in 1.4 million refugees to make it to that level. How many did the US take in.

How many Mexicans have we taken??? 20,000,000. We win. Fuck the pope.

Then the Vatican is different. But, not a single person, from a single country, would be denied entry into the Vatican City.

Our use of tourist visas is the only comparable statistic here. The Vatican has ZERO immigration policy. You have to be a male Catholic priest and be invited to the Vatican to live in the Vatican.

The US on the other hand, how many people do I know who have been denied entry into the US? Quite a few actually. Russians and Chinese make up the top of this list.

We have a lot of enemies who would like to come here and do us harm and the feds have a responsibility to keep suspicious people out.

So, the Vatican doesn't have an immigration policy. Oh, so, this whole topic is just a waste of time then? Of course it is.

I didn't say the US was obliged to take everyone in. I was responding to a topic that isn't worth much.

Right?

How many Mexicans have we taken??? 20,000,000. We win. Fuck the pope.

And of those in the Vatican, 100% of them were not born in the Vatican, so, they took in 100%. They win. Fuck Trump.

Right?

There's room for thousands of refugees to stay in the Vatican. The Pope needs to be a Christian about this, and put out the welcome mat as well as putting his money where his mouth is.

So, the Vatican doesn't have an immigration policy. Oh, so, this whole topic is just a waste of time then? Of course it is.

I didn't say the US was obliged to take everyone in. I was responding to a topic that isn't worth much.

Their policy is you can't immigrate here unless we invite you. And they use a religious litmus test for it. It's not only excessively restrictive.....but it's religiously discriminatory.

Their walls are for keeping Muslims out....that's why they built them. And that's not an insult....i applaud them for both the walls and the policy on immigration. I just want them to shut up when we try to get the same things for OUR country.

How bout THIS SHIT.......The Vatican walls were actually built.....TO KEEP MUSLIMS OUT!!!
Arab raid against Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Built in 846 after Muslims invaded and plundered Rome!!!

Oh man.....Trump is gonna have a field day with this one!!!!

It's not very Christian of the Pope to not invite the Muslim refugees from Syria to stay as long as they like in the Vatican.
How bout THIS SHIT.......The Vatican walls were actually built.....TO KEEP MUSLIMS OUT!!!
Arab raid against Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Built in 846 after Muslims invaded and plundered Rome!!!

Oh man.....Trump is gonna have a field day with this one!!!!

Well, Christians have never been known for being very "Christian", have they?

I was raised RC. And, I don't give a shit what the Pope says with respect to this sovereign nation's politics and policies.

Non issue. Really.

Too much breathless hysteria about it.

Right?

There's room for thousands of refugees to stay in the Vatican. The Pope needs to be a Christian about this, and put out the welcome mat as well as putting his money where his mouth is.

Now we're talking population density.

The Vatican City is the 6th most densely populated country in the world. Behind Macau, Hong Kong, Gibraltar (not even countries), Singapore and Monaco.

They have 1,818 people per square kilometer.

The US is 182nd with 32.86 people per square kilometer.

I think the US can take in more Syrian Refugees, it has the space.

Waste of time? Well I guess trying to libs to answer an honest fucking question is a waste of time usually, but I'm given you an opportunity explain yourself.

And yes, no immigration allowed most definitely is an immigration policy, kind of like zero is still a number, genius.

Of course not, cuz you dont want the US to control its borders and you sympathize with this idiot Pope.

Their policy is you can't immigrate here unless we invite you. And they use a religious litmus test for it. It's not only excessively restrictive.....but it's religiously discriminatory.

Their walls are for keeping Muslims out....that's why they built them. And that's not an insult....i applaud them for both the walls and the policy on immigration. I just want them to shut up when we try to get the same things for OUR country.

You can't immigrate to the US without being accepted either. The illegal immigrants are just that.

The difference is that it's easy to hide in the US, it's hard to hide in the Vatican.

Waste of time? Well I guess trying to libs to answer an honest fucking question is a waste of time usually, but I'm given you an opportunity explain yourself.

And yes, no immigration allowed most definitely is an immigration policy, kind of like zero is still a number, genius.

Of course not, cuz you dont want the US to control its borders and you sympathize with this idiot Pope.

An honest question? You think this is an honest question?

I don't want the US to control its borders? Er... where did I say this. I sympathize with the Pope? Where did I say this?

Go read what I've written.

People visit the vatican, but they don't immigrate without an invitation. Few see the whole city and are limited to a few buildings.

The square and cathedral might be open during certain hours, but the city is not.

Some church property around the world might be open 24/7, but not all. People visit churches but they don't move in. They might find sanctuary, but it limited and not automatic in all cases.

The Vatican is a sovereign nation. Harshest immigration policies on Earth.
Have you ever visited Vatican City? I have. The place is only the size of a few city blocks. Measured in acres, not square miles.

Your criticism does two things. It makes you sound uninformed at best, utterly silly at least and petulant at worst.

And, secondly, it betrays a narrow view of the refugee problem in Europe and the causes driving immigration all around the world.

As the kids say, "Epic fail".

I was raised RC. And, I don't give a shit what the Pope says with respect to this sovereign nation's politics and policies.

Non issue. Really.

Too much breathless hysteria about it.

The press has been doing this to Trump from before he announced his run.

When Trump said that illegal immigrants have bad people among them who are criminals, rapists, etc, the entire media, especially Jeb!, err, I mean FOX was calling him a racist as was the rest of literati land. When he was discussing valorous war heroes and someone mentioned John McCain, Trump at first said, no, but then corrected himself three times saying that since McCain was a POW he was a war hero. The media still allege to this day that Trump was *attacking* McCain. etc, etc.

This whole thing with the Pope is just more of the same. The Pope is trying to win over a libtard media that has no interest in Truth or helping the Catholic church with anything other than dying off. He says little platitudes that have a hidden deniability to them, like him saying that 'if this person really said that....' and putting in the 'and no bridges' caveat, etc, but he knows damned well the media will spin it as an attack on Trump anyway.

If the Pope would do his god damned job and enforce the catechism of the Catholic Church, the Church would be doing much much better. Instead he going around and saying stupid shit like maybe they will reverse two thousand years of church teaching to appease divorcees, perverts and Marxist liars.

An honest question? You think this is an honest question?

I don't want the US to control its borders? Er... where did I say this. I sympathize with the Pope? Where did I say this?

Go read what I've written.
I have, dude, and you clearly imply it like every other Dhimmicrat.

Forum List

Back