Veepstakes

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Meanwhile in other Trump campaign news, apparently Trump's VP list has been leaked:

At the top of the list is former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who held the position in the 1990s during the Bill Clinton administration. Behind Gingrich is New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, confirming earlier reports that he had received paper work to be vetted by the campaign. Other names that follow are Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, and staunch anti-immigration senator from Alabama, Jeff Sessions. Names that are considered "long shot options" include current governors Mary Fallin of Oklahoma, and Indiana's Mike Pence. The list also includes other members of the senate such as Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Joni Ernst out of Iowa, Richard Burr from North Carolina, and South Dakota's John Thune.
So, what is everyone's opinion of the list? Would Gingrich be an asset, or yet another liability to the Trump campaign?

Meanwhile in other Trump campaign news, apparently Trump's VP list has been leaked:

At the top of the list is former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who held the position in the 1990s during the Bill Clinton administration. Behind Gingrich is New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, confirming earlier reports that he had received paper work to be vetted by the campaign. Other names that follow are Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, and staunch anti-immigration senator from Alabama, Jeff Sessions. Names that are considered "long shot options" include current governors Mary Fallin of Oklahoma, and Indiana's Mike Pence. The list also includes other members of the senate such as Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Joni Ernst out of Iowa, Richard Burr from North Carolina, and South Dakota's John Thune.
So, what is everyone's opinion of the list? Would Gingrich be an asset, or yet another liability to the Trump campaign?

From the outside looking in, I like Senator Jeff Sessions, I've read a lot about him and he seems a good choice.

Of those on the list Newt is the best choice but would not get me to vote for Trump... Kasich would have been his best choice but I believe Kasich would rather be Clinton VP before ever running with the egomaniac that is named Donald John Trump...

Of those on the list Newt is the best choice but would not get me to vote for Trump... Kasich would have been his best choice but I believe Kasich would rather be Clinton VP before ever running with the egomaniac that is named Donald John Trump...
I think Christy is probably the most sane of the choices on the list, but I don't see his ego, and Trump's being able to work together through a very public campaign.

Forum List

Back