Zone1 Very few people want to know the Truth

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
It's pretty scary, but true: People do not want the Truth

I try to only post what I know to be the truth, and people reject it, ridicule it, dismiss it, just because it is not their truth.

Well, as we know, there is objective truth and there is subjective truth. The latter is the truth that you believe or some other human being believes to be the truth. The former is TRUTH, period.

So 1 plus 1 is always going to be 2, like it or not

But people are not objective about religious truth. When they have found a religion they are comfortable in, they refuse to listen to anyone else who disagrees with the tenets of that religion. Now, frankly, I just do not understand that. But then again, I have done a lot of searching and it looks like most others have not. Sorry to sound like a snob but that's my reality, that is what I have observed on this forum and in life in general.

And we wonder why there is so much division. I can understand Republicans not wanting to have a close association with liberals. That makes total sense to me because libs are into subjective truth and Republicans.. not so much.

But generally speaking, it looks like people just believe what they want to believe..

Yes, I know.. you will say "the same can be said about you [Forkintheroad]. Really? Well, again, maybe you who say that are more into subjective truth ("I just believe what I believe because it seems to fit me" or whatever).

I have searched out many religions and only the Catholic one makes sense. The thing that most makes sense is that Jesus said His Church would not fail, and yet all but the Catholics say that the Original did fail.. it went underground at some point in history or what have you. But Jesus said it would not fail. The only Church that goes back to the beginning of Christianity is the Catholic Church.. In the fist century we hear of Eucharist, confession to a priest and all other things Catholic.

No other "church" can claim that. So tell me.. Why are people rejecting the Truth? It's because they choose to believe what they want to believe. That will get you into Hell.

Last edited:
Not to burst your bubble, but religion is pretty much the antithesis of truth.

Religion is about faith, which is belief without evidence. Or proof.

And you can't really have much truth without proof.

Religion is about faith, which is belief without evidence. Or proof.
See what I mean?

You don't even bother to investigate the "proof" that I have presented

wow.. hope you don't call yourself Scientific any time soon... Scientists actually investigate the claims of others before dismissing them. But oh well.. Jesus did say that Few find the Way...

But generally speaking, it looks like people just believe what they want to believe..
I'd wager far more what they're told to believe Fork

Their beliefs are their faith , and if they're proven wrong or otherwise degraded , it challenges their faith

~S~

I'd wager far more what they're told to believe Fork

Their beliefs are their faith , and if they're proven wrong or otherwise degraded , it challenges their faith

~S~
I guess what you're saying is that to disagree w/ their beliefs is to disrespect them.

I can understand that..

But you have to love truth more than.. I dunno... your selfish and prideful need to be right .. No one wants to admit to being wrong..

I try to only post what I know to be the truth, and people reject it, ridicule it, dismiss it, just because it is not their truth.

Well, as we know, there is objective truth and there is subjective truth. The latter is the truth that you believe or some other human being believes to be the truth. The former is TRUTH, period.

But people are not objective about religious truth. When they have found a religion they are comfortable in, they refuse to listen to anyone else who disagrees with the tenets of that religion. Now, frankly, I just do not understand that. But then again, I have done a lot of searching and it looks like most others have not. Sorry to sound like a snob but that's my reality, that is what I have observed on this forum and in life in general.

And we wonder why there is so much division. I can understand Republicans not wanting to have a close association with liberals. That makes total sense to me because libs are into subjective truth and Republicans.. not so much.

Yes, I know.. you will say "the same can be said about you [Forkintheroad]. Really? Well, again, maybe you who say that are more into subjective truth ("I just believe what I believe because it seems to fit me" or whatever).

I have searched out many religions and only the Catholic one makes sense. The thing that most makes sense is that Jesus said His Church would not fail, and yet all but the Catholics say that the Original did fail.. it went underground at some point in history or what have you. But Jesus said it would not fail. The only Church that goes back to the beginning of Christianity is the Catholic Church.. In the fist century we hear of Eucharist, confession to a priest and all other things Catholic.

No other "church" can claim that. So tell me.. Why are people rejecting the Truth? It's because they choose to believe what they want to believe. That will get you into Hell.

"The truth" requires a search for "the truth", which is the most important. Most people on this forum couldn't care less.

I just read an article about Trump not pronouncing Kamala's name properly.

Trump said: “I said, ‘don’t worry about it,’” he recalled. “It doesn’t matter what I say. I couldn’t care less if I mispronounce it or not. I couldn’t care less.”

Most people don't want the truth. As DJ Vance said in his book about hillbillies, people create their own fantasy world, because the reality they have sucks. Trump knows this, he's creating a fantasy world for them. And they accept it because they've grown up with the fantasy world of religion, is comes naturally to them.

Religion is not the truth, no matter how you look at it.

Let's take a look at the verse you claim says the church would not fail.

Matthew 16:13-18
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

When I read these verses I see Jesus point out to Peter that flesh and blood did not reveal unto him that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God but that it was his Father which is in heaven that revealed it unto Peter. Revelation from God the Father is what gave Peter the knowledge that Jesus was the Christ. Jesus then tells Peter that upon this rock (the rock of revelation) that he would build his church and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. In other words, it was upon the rock of revelation that Jesus would build his church and that the gates of hell could never prevail against the revelations of God upon which his church was to be built.

In any game of sports, the one who prevails is the one who is ahead at the end of the game. You could have moments in the game where the opposition gains an advantage and may lead in the score but they do not prevail unless they are in the lead at the end of the game. If you come back and take the lead before the game ends, then you are the one who prevails in the end. Thus my take on the verse is that in the end, only God and his church will prevail even if those who are in the church at times fall into a state of apostacy. God always has the ability to once again open the heavens an give divine revelation and restore his church. I believe the church of Jesus Christ that was established by him in the meridian of time fell away into a state of apostacy but was later restored to the earth by God and is once again upon the face of the earth. I believe this was prophesied by the prophet Amos and by John the Revelator.

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

Revelation 12:1-6
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The woman is the church and the crown of twelve stars are the apostles. The child that was born was Jesus Christ. The woman fleeing into the wilderness is the church going into a state of apostacy for a time. This time of apostacy was seen by Amos as a time when the word of God could not be found. I believe that the church fell into a state of apostacy shortly after the murders of the majority of the apostles. It was only later that the Catholic church was formed while the church was in apostacy. Below is a video recording of an audio book that details this great apostacy:

In 1820, God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared before the prophet Joseph Smith and began the restoration of the true church of God. That church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Jesus will again come and reign upon the earth for 1000 years and be king over all the earth. He will prevail over the devil an his angels in the end.

Last edited:

Still doing your best to send people to hell, I see.
Odd, that you make the distinction about what is real Catholicism vs today's Catholicism. Sounds like the Catholic church has indeed failed. Along with this Pope.
While the churches that Paul started are all referred to by Christ Himself, the Catholic church is not even mentioned.
When Jesus returns it won't be to Rome. It will be in Israel. With His chosen. He was and is and will always be a Jewish Rabbi, not a Pope.

Forum List

Back