Zone1 Very few people want to know the Truth

It's pretty scary, but true: People do not want the Truth

I try to only post what I know to be the truth, and people reject it, ridicule it, dismiss it, just because it is not their truth.

Well, as we know, there is objective truth and there is subjective truth. The latter is the truth that you believe or some other human being believes to be the truth. The former is TRUTH, period.

So 1 plus 1 is always going to be 2, like it or not

But people are not objective about religious truth. When they have found a religion they are comfortable in, they refuse to listen to anyone else who disagrees with the tenets of that religion. Now, frankly, I just do not understand that. But then again, I have done a lot of searching and it looks like most others have not. Sorry to sound like a snob but that's my reality, that is what I have observed on this forum and in life in general.

And we wonder why there is so much division. I can understand Republicans not wanting to have a close association with liberals. That makes total sense to me because libs are into subjective truth and Republicans.. not so much.

But generally speaking, it looks like people just believe what they want to believe..

Yes, I know.. you will say "the same can be said about you [Forkintheroad]. Really? Well, again, maybe you who say that are more into subjective truth ("I just believe what I believe because it seems to fit me" or whatever).

I have searched out many religions and only the Catholic one makes sense. The thing that most makes sense is that Jesus said His Church would not fail, and yet all but the Catholics say that the Original did fail.. it went underground at some point in history or what have you. But Jesus said it would not fail. The only Church that goes back to the beginning of Christianity is the Catholic Church.. In the fist century we hear of Eucharist, confession to a priest and all other things Catholic.

No other "church" can claim that. So tell me.. Why are people rejecting the Truth? It's because they choose to believe what they want to believe. That will get you into Hell.
If the Catholic church were the one true church it would bear the name "The Church of God" or "The Church of Christ", not the "Roman Catholic Church".

Not to burst your bubble, but religion is pretty much the antithesis of truth.

Religion is about faith, which is belief without evidence. Or proof.

And you can't really have much truth without proof.
Proof or evidence comes with experience. One must take the Christian faith into the field and plow with it, in faith that it will yield promised fruit.

"The truth" requires a search for "the truth", which is the most important. Most people on this forum couldn't care less.

I just read an article about Trump not pronouncing Kamala's name properly.

Religion is not the truth, no matter how you look at it.
TBD. Keep an open mind. ;)

Sure and that applies to atheists as well.

The trick is to have no preference for an outcome other than truth. That's when the magic happens... so to speak.
The truth convicts you, if you allow it to. I have seen the worst people yield to it, albeit reluctantly.

Forum List

Back