Zone1 Video: Slavery By Another Name

A dark chapter that is widely, and perhaps deliberately, overlooked by the West but needs reminding every time they take a moral high ground on the subject.
0e9beaf60a1c4468bee2a68335703e30.png
9c97795b0cd24f0d9d685d26fa0868cb.png

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
"With the end of reconstruction, the nature of both crime and punishment in the south changed dramatically. In state after state and country after country, new laws targeted African Americans and effectively criminalized Black life. lt was a crime in the South for a farm worker to walk beside the railroad, it was a crime in the South to speak loudly in the company of white women, it was a crime in the South to sell the products of your farm after dark..."

".... but the most powerful, the most damaging of all of these laws were the vagrancy laws statutes. In every Southern state you became a criminal if you could not prove at any given moment that you were employed..."
IN THE SOUTH.

[due to the implementation of the convict leasing system]

".... The South's prison population continued to grow, reaching 19,000 people by 1890. Nearly 90% of those held were African American. When folded into national statistics, the concentration of Black prisoners seemed to reflect an alarming rise in Black crime. So as early as 1890 African Americans are almost 3 times overrepresented in the prison system. The nation's population is 12%, the nation's prison populations of Blacks is 30%..."
There were 62,000,000 people in the USA in 1890. 19,000 is a very small percentage.

Breaks forum rules with impunity yet expects a pat on the head for staying out of prison for 40+ years.

• Winner
Breaks forum rules with impunity yet expects a pat on the head for staying out of prison for 40+ years.
Posts photos of criminals working in the field and expects us to feel sorry that prison life has unpleasant aspects.

So criminals have to work in the fields, partly to offset the costs to house, feed, and provide medical care for them - and they don’t like it?

Them they shouldn’t have committed crimes.
I swear there's a word for when people are forced to work without pay.. But it escapes me somehow..?

• Winner

• Informative
I swear there's a word for when people are forced to work without pay.. But it escapes me somehow..?
Prison inmates, who are partially offsetting the taxpayers’ cost to feed, house, and provide medical care for their criminal asses.

They don’t like it? Maybe they shouldn’t rob, rape, and murder.

Prison inmates, who are partially offsetting the taxpayers’ cost to feed, house, and provide medical care for their criminal asses.

They don’t like it? Maybe they shouldn’t rob, rape, and murder.
I remember now! It's called slavery!

• Winner

Forum List

Back