Virginia Poacher Who Killed Famous 'Hollywood Buck' Sentenced to Six Months in Jail

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

h-buck.jpg

Jason Walters was arrested back in January after he killed a well-known whitetail buck in a protected urban area around Richmond, Virginia then shared photos of the deer to Facebook

On Friday, August 16, the state of Virginia handed down penalties in a months-long poaching case involving a 29-point whitetail buck known for roaming the grounds of the historic Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond.

Thirty-six-year-old Jason Walters pled guilty to 20 misdemeanors in the case, which has now landed him a six-month jail sentence, three months probation, a 24-year hunting ban, and more than $13,000 in fines.

His alleged accomplice in the crimes, Richmond resident Allan Proffitt, will serve 30 days of house arrest, pay $1,200 in fines, and see his hunting privileges revoked for six years.

OK, I get the fines, losing your hunting license, and probation or poaching.....But jail time for killing a fuckin' deer?

This just seems like overly punitive bullshit for shooting a deer people liked.

I feel so much safer now.....Come on man.

h-buck.jpg

Jason Walters was arrested back in January after he killed a well-known whitetail buck in a protected urban area around Richmond, Virginia then shared photos of the deer to Facebook

On Friday, August 16, the state of Virginia handed down penalties in a months-long poaching case involving a 29-point whitetail buck known for roaming the grounds of the historic Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond.

Thirty-six-year-old Jason Walters pled guilty to 20 misdemeanors in the case, which has now landed him a six-month jail sentence, three months probation, a 24-year hunting ban, and more than $13,000 in fines.

His alleged accomplice in the crimes, Richmond resident Allan Proffitt, will serve 30 days of house arrest, pay $1,200 in fines, and see his hunting privileges revoked for six years.

OK, I get the fines, losing your hunting license, and probation or poaching.....But jail time for killing a fuckin' deer?

This just seems like overly punitive bullshit for shooting a deer people liked.

I feel so much safer now.....Come on man.
We all know animals are more important than humans, right? That's why we are all being forced into veganism once food is rationed.....

Forum List

Back