Voting is so important to Americans that 100M didn’t vote and millions proudly cast meaningless votes on purpose every cycle….Why?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Womens suffrage….Black suffrage.
Women, blacks and others fought vigorously for decades for the right to vote. Democrats are aggressively fighting to secure voting rights for illegal alien criminals.
I thought voting was a big deal?
Why do so many pass on practicing such a priceless right?
Why do so many cast a knowingly meaningless vote?
Why do so many wear ‘not voting’ or wasting a vote as some sort of badge of honor?

Women, blacks and others fought vigorously for decades for the right to vote. Democrats are aggressively fighting to secure voting rights for illegal alien criminals.
Why do so many wear ‘not voting’ or wasting a vote as some sort of badge of honor?
why do you think voting for shitty people,the so called "lessor" of 2 evils that the 2 parties give us is such a badge of honor?..

The problem is that our Founding Fathers created a document that espoused the Rights of the individual without clearly delineating the Responsibilities thereof. Being an informed, educated and involved voter is among those responsibilities.

As for those of us who chose to “throw away” our votes, in some situations it’s not necessarily our fault. I live in one of the bluest parts of the country, politically. Since I refuse to vote for left wing progressives, my vote doesn’t matter here at all. Whatever candidate I vote for is going to lose.

Low-information individuals who know more and care more about sports, pop culture and their social media account viewership than basic government, politics and the people they vote into office.

The problem is that our Founding Fathers created a document that espoused the Rights of the individual without clearly delineating the Responsibilities thereof. Being an informed, educated and involved voter is among those responsibilities.

As for those of us who chose to “throw away” our votes, in some situations it’s not necessarily our fault. I live in one of the bluest parts of the country, politically. Since I refuse to vote for left wing progressives, my vote doesn’t matter here at all. Whatever candidate I vote for is going to lose.
Then why don’t you run?

Yet, there have been elected politicians in the past because of low turn-out and the casting of a single ballot. Primarily in local elections:

• Tigerton, Wisconsin (2018): In this case, the election was won by a single vote because the town had a very low voter turnout, and only one person cast a ballot.
  • Fillmore, New York (2021): The town had an election where only one resident voted, and that individual became the mayor.

I have a strong feeling that MAGA will step up bigtime this election... I really think Trump will win in a massive landslide....

Not sure what the thread is about. Seems like it’s another grievance thread by the OP about black people...it’s tired and old--much like the GOP

What has been written IS worth commenting on.

People should pay more attention to their families, their schools, their communities, books, plays, television, music, tag sales, etc... than politics. I’m not sure why some think that politics should be the center of anyone’s life who isn’t a politician.

We used to have a local press corps who would keep the politicians honest. That is gone. We need to get that back. We need to reinvigorate the local newspapers, television and radio. Relieving the taxes and fees on local media is one way to do that.

Advertisers are not going to be there like they were from the 50’s to the 80’s. The Internet has made targeting advertisements a lot easier. You talk about going to Denver on vacation in your living room, Alexa hears you, and the next thing you know, you have a Facebook advertisement advertising cheap flights to Denver. Non-targeted ads likely will not fund the effort.

What you’ll see then is that if KGTFO reports that there is corruption at City Hall, FOX, MSNBC, CNN, etc... may investigate. But more importantly, the local population is aware and the officials my be voted out or, if serious enough, become subject to justice.

Yet, there have been elected politicians in the past because of low turn-out and the casting of a single ballot. Primarily in local elections:
Yeah, that’s nit how Massachusetts works. Even if we do elect a Republican, it’s a RUNO who only ran as a Republican because they couldn’t get the Democrat Party nomination. The Republican Party in this Communistwealth is the back door of the Democrat Party. It’s a one party system.

Voting is not compulsory. I have a Vietnamese friend that told me that their compulsory voting is just a big joke.

Forum List

Back