VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

VP Kamala Harris Cast Tie-Breaking Vote to Let IRS Track Workers’ Tips so They Can Be Taxed

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.

Don't you remember? Kamala is "UNBURDENED" by all that has gone before. Her record doesn't matter because she is "UNBURDENED" by her radical, Left wing policies, decisions and actions. This is now pure make believe and Kamala is TRUMP LITE. She's tough on the border, no taxes on tips, pro-Israel oh yeah it's great to be so "UNBURDENED" when you are pretending your way into the White House.

She's trying to take credit for the "no tax on tips" idea. But the record shows, she's supports tax on tips.

Vice President Kamala Harris — who on Saturday copied a campaign promise first announced by former President Donald Trump to eliminate taxes on tips — voted in 2022 to pass legislation that allowed the IRS to track down workers’ tips so that they could be taxed.

On August 7, 2022, Harris cast the tie-breaking vote to pass the Inflation Reduction Act that provided $80 billion in additional funding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which then got to work cracking down on the service industry’s reporting of tips so that they could be taxed.

Why shouldn't tips be taxed?

She's pivoted now. Her policy opinion has "evolved".

Vote for a woman. It's time. I'm with her.

She knows she can gaslight all those democrats working people who only watch the news on TV . That’s enough for the votes. What a lying bitch though.

Her and Biden in office for almost four years now, and this doesn’t come up until Trump says it first! Again, the media will help gaslight the low information voters to believe it was Her idea.
Democrats are pretty damn low and evil.

Being Thief in Chief Biden's VP plagiarism is contagious.

Why shouldn't tips be taxed?

Because working people need a damn break that’s why. Service industry workers really don’t make all that much money.

A tip is also technically a private exchange between two people. It’s separate from the employer. Guarantee you tips were not always taxed until the government started fucking up and needing more money.

How about instead of taxing tips, the government saves billions by streamlining some of their waste?

How about not putting illegal aliens up in hotels and giving them debit cards prepaid?

She did that but now the media wants us to all think she had this great idea just two months after Trump already suggested it. You have to be an absolute moron to be a democrat.

Because when I give a tip I want the person who earned it to get every penny... not the government who will just waste it....
People take their tips and buy stuff which helps the country more than Washington DC can....

Exactly! The government will get their damn money when we buy gas with that money or whatever else they tax. Tip money spent actually does something to stimulate the economy.

She did that but now the media wants us to all think she had this great idea just two months after Trump already suggested it. You have to be an absolute moron to be a democrat.
Her and Biden have had plenty of time to implement that. If they really wanted to.
The real Kamala Harris Is the one you hear after she took power , not the one lying to hang onto it.

Her and Biden have had plenty of time to implement that. If they really wanted to.
The real Kamala Harris Is the one you hear after she took power , not the one lying to hang onto it.
They could have excluded tips when they hired 85,000 new IRS agents to make sure you pay your taxes on your garage sale. Which one is more believable? They want to persue you for every dime or they will let tips go?

They could have excluded tips when they hired 85,000 new IRS agents to make sure you pay your taxes on your garage sale. Which one is more believable? They want to persue you for every dime or they will let tips go?

I wonder if they pursue the sales tax from the Mexican food carts I see on street corners or rolling down the street in my area?
I think they would be more apt to tax a girls lemonaid stand

Because working people need a damn break that’s why. Service industry workers really don’t make all that much money.

A tip is also technically a private exchange between two people. It’s separate from the employer. Guarantee you tips were not always taxed until the government started fucking up and needing more money.

How about instead of taxing tips, the government saves billions by streamlining some of their waste?

How about not putting illegal aliens up in hotels and giving them debit cards prepaid?

Well, there are lots of solutions to this that aren't "tax free tips".

Working people need a break, most don't get tips and pay full tax, so why have only restaurant and bar people getting a break?

Well, there are lots of solutions to this that aren't "tax free tips".

Working people need a break, most don't get tips and pay full tax, so why have only restaurant and bar people getting a break?

You want to be jealous now? You don’t have to leave a tip if you don’t like it.

You should be happy for a fellow American getting a break. Not being jealous over it. Funny how I see this mostly from the left.

Personally I hate the idea that if I take 5 dollars out of my pocket and just give it to someone because I want to, the government can tax it.

You want to be jealous now? You don’t have to leave a tip if you don’t like it.

You should be happy for a fellow American getting a break. Not being jealous over it. Funny how I see this mostly from the left.

Personally I hate the idea that if I take 5 dollars out of my pocket and just give it to someone because I want to, the government can tax it.

I hate tipping, go to other countries and it's all in the bill, no need to worry how much it's going to cost you.

Forum List

Back