Walt Disney’s “Song of the South”

/---- /I'm showing my age. It was a hit Radio and then TV show in the 1950s. It was so popular that when people went to the movies, the theatre would stop the movie and pipe in the radio program. Otherwise, no one would go to the theater that night.
  • American radio sitcom
    • Amos 'n' Andy was an American radio sitcom about black characters, initially set in Chicago then later in the Harlem section of New York City.
    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Amos_%27n%27_Andy
    Amos 'n' Andy - Wikipedia

Amos 'n' Andy Season One ( Episode One)

Stories mostly centered on The Kingfish s schemes to get rich, often by duping his brothers in the Mystic Knights of the Sea Lodge. Andy was particularly dupable. Amos mostly narrated.

Oh. I never heard of them or the Honeymooners. I'm a millennial remember. So I haven't always heard of older TV shows and movies. I've heard of a lot of them but not all of them.
/----/ Didn't you see Back to the Future. The show had a bit part in the movie.

/----/ It wasn't Blackface, they were Black actors who were famous. Jessie Jerkson led the charge to put them off the air and out of work. He thought the show was insulting, but it was the opposite.
Gleason admitted he got the idea for the honeymooners from Amos and Andy and was considering suing Flintstones creator for ripping off his show.

the original Amos and Andy.

1723567230016.png

Forum List

Back