Washington state gets $65 million in first-year taxes from marijuana

Alot of stupid asses there haven't figured out to grow pot on their own, thereby, avoiding taxes.

And that doesn't count how much they saved not involving people in the criminal justice system for a small amount of weed.

Washington state gets 65 million in first-year taxes from marijuana Reuters
And that doesn't count how much they saved not involving people in the criminal justice system for a small amount of weed.
Of course, in some states the criminal justice system has become a profit center, billing people for incarceration and parole.
Everything has the opposite side of a coin.

Yes the people of my state are adults.

The first chance we got to legalize medical marijuana we did. The first chance we got to legalize marijuana for everyone 21 and older we did.

Now we're getting the benefits of both of those laws. Medical marijuana doesn't get taxed but the dispensaries create a lot of jobs and those people pay taxes. So does the business owner.

Life is very good here. I can't speak for other parts of the state but Snohomish County unemployment is 3.6% and King County unemployment is 3.3%.

Everyone who wants a job can find one and the standard of living is much higher here because wages are much higher. I see Hiring signs everywhere I go. Starting wage around here is around 11 dollars an hour too.

Of course, in some states the criminal justice system has become a profit center, billing people for incarceration and parole.

The first chance we got to legalize medical marijuana we did. The first chance we got to legalize marijuana for everyone 21 and older we did.

Now we're getting the benefits of both of those laws. Medical marijuana doesn't get taxed but the dispensaries create a lot of jobs and those people pay taxes. So does the business owner.

Life is very good here. I can't speak for other parts of the state but Snohomish County unemployment is 3.6% and King County unemployment is 3.3%.

Everyone who wants a job can find one and the standard of living is much higher here because wages are much higher. I see Hiring signs everywhere I go. Starting wage around here is around 11 dollars an hour too.
What does a modest three bedroom house go for?

Alot of stupid asses there haven't figured out to grow pot on their own, thereby, avoiding taxes.

Actually no.

The law that legalizes marijuana for recreational purposes imposes heavy fines and jail time for those who grow marijuana.

It's illegal for a private person to grow marijuana for recreational purposes but it's legal for a business to grow it. That they're registered with the state to grow the marijuana and the business that sell it also are registered with the state. All of them had to go through a long process to get the right to grow or sell it.

It's highly regulated and highly taxed. Just as it should be and just as alcohol and cigarettes are.

You can get a modest 3 bedroom house for between 200 and 250 thousand dollars.

It takes a lot of time, effort and money to grow good pot.
I can do it for free...

bullshit. Everything costs money.
Not when you have the land to grow it on..I already have the seeds....

time is money in our society
I thought money was for chicks...

You can get a modest 3 bedroom house for between 200 and 250 thousand dollars.
Well I guess I can build one....It won't be too long before the nest is empty and the parents are gone.I have no siblings so I will wonder around that way,,soon...I haven't been there since 2000 and I loved it there...

It takes a lot of time, effort and money to grow good pot.
I can do it for free...

bullshit. Everything costs money.
Not when you have the land to grow it on..I already have the seeds....

time is money in our society
I thought money was for chicks...

Wine, women & song. Everything else is a waste. ;)

There's only like 2 or 3 legal stores, if there were more there would be more money.
All we think about and notice is money. Only money makes sense. Let's legalize cocaine and we will get even more income. Child prostitution has also a good profit. What would you say?

Forum List

Back