watermelons

Whodatsaywhodat.

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2020
love , love , love watermelons. I dont have a green thumb . Snyone have any advice to get big sweet watermelons? Or small sweet melons . I'm all ears.

sliced-cube-watermelon.jpg

Whenever I embrace diversity I feel myself craving BBQ watermelon with a little Colt Malt Liquor.

love , love , love watermelons. I dont have a green thumb . Snyone have any advice to get big sweet watermelons? Or small sweet melons . I'm all ears.
Use to grow them years ago in Saint Mary's silt lime. Any idiot can grow in thT stuff though. Have not grown in tougher soil since I moved . I will look into it for you though. How large a patch are you looking to put in and what are current soil conditions. Growing is not rocket science. Figure out what soil you have. Find out what the crop needs and adjust. Sun takes care of self. Watering also depends on how your soil holds it.

Most likely adjustment needed with be adding sand for drainage.

I clear the ground, message it and make a hill, then plant the seed and water and feed regularly...Then watch them float away when it floods..

I plant flowers for my deck and arrange everything so it's beauty and welcoming. Sadly, flowers hate my redneck guts, so most of them survive long enough to give me the finger and die.

In Cali, I grew some veggie gardens with success but since we got here, planting a garden is just as if I rang the dinner bell for 147 different kinds of critters.

So I quit and eat wax tomatoes from the store.

They go well with my wax cucumbers.

As long as you have sandy soil they'll grow.
My Dad planted some when I was a kid in a 20 by 30 section off the driveway and they went nuts!!! We had more watermelons than we could eat.
Half of em were fed to the neighbors horses.

Forum List

Back