Weeks after Trump dropped the "Mother of All Bombs", Afghanistan burns

80 killed in one of the worst attacks in the Afghan War. Deadly Bombing in Kabul Is One of the Afghan War’s Worst Strikes
Trump supporters, please discuss the Mother of All Duds.
So you believe that this would have never happened if the MOAB hadn't been dropped ? Psst hey guy want to buy a bridge.

Don't think that is what he said. What exactly was accomplished by dropping that bomb? What has changed as a result?

Trump lied about having a plan to defeat ISIS. Al Qaeda is growing in Afghanistan. The nation is being led by a lying asshole dufus.

This is Trump's fault OP. You should organize protest or seek impeachment.

80 killed in one of the worst attacks in the Afghan War. Deadly Bombing in Kabul Is One of the Afghan War’s Worst Strikes
So you believe that this would have never happened if the MOAB hadn't been dropped ? Psst hey guy want to buy a bridge.

Don't think that is what he said. What exactly was accomplished by dropping that bomb? What has changed as a result?
So do nothing then ?

So do nothing then ?

I'm not sure. Doing nothing costs nothing, and accomplishes nothing. Dropping that bomb cost 314 million and accomplished the same thing. You tell me.

So do nothing then ?

I'm not sure. Doing nothing costs nothing, and accomplishes nothing. Dropping that bomb cost 314 million and accomplished the same thing. You tell me.
Ummm..no, doing nothing does not "cost nothing", there are immediate and opportunity costs to any decision that is made with respect to the situation in Afghanistan. The U.S. pulling out and sitting on the sidelines has immediate draw down costs (which are relatively small) and incalculable potential opportunity costs since it would be effectively ceding vast swaths of Afghanistan as a safe haven for Islamic Terrorists (you know like it was before 911) and/or could lead to the complete collapse of the Afghan government turning the entire country into a failed state, which in turn would threaten the stability of the entire region, especially in nuclear armed Pakistan.

For better of worse we've thrown our chips into the Afghan pot and there's no easy, clean or cheap way to extract ourselves from it, which would explain why neither of the two previous Administrations could figure out a way to achieve an acceptable exit while minimizing potential negative consequences and costs.

So do nothing then ?

Ummm..no, doing nothing does not "cost nothing", there are immediate and opportunity costs to any decision that is made with respect to the situation in Afghanistan. The U.S. pulling out and sitting on the sidelines has immediate draw down costs (which are relatively small) and incalculable potential opportunity costs since it would be effectively ceding vast swaths of Afghanistan as a safe haven for Islamic Terrorists (you know like it was before 911) and/or could lead to the complete collapse of the Afghan government turning the entire country into a failed state, which in turn would threaten the stability of the entire region, especially in nuclear armed Pakistan.

For better of worse we've thrown our chips into the Afghan pot and there's no easy, clean or cheap way to extract ourselves from it, which would explain why neither of the two previous Administrations could figure out a way to achieve an acceptable exit while minimizing potential negative consequences and costs.

Yes. I understand it is a complex situation that can't be dealt with by a plan that fits on a bumper sticker, so back to the question. What did that MOAB accomplish?

So do nothing then ?

Yes. I understand it is a complex situation that can't be dealt with by a plan that fits on a bumper sticker, so back to the question. What did that MOAB accomplish?

According to our Military Command it accomplished the objective they were trying to achieve which was primarily the destruction of a cave complex that had been identified as a major operations center for terrorist elements; You're free to play keyboard general and second guess our Military Field Commanders, I'm not going to since they're the best in the world at what they do and neither one of us is privy to all the variables that were taken into account that led to the decision to drop this particular ordinance, at this particular time, in this particular place.

As an aside it also gave the Administration a tiny political bump given the fact that Americans seem to like it when we set off big bangs on foreign soil.

So do nothing then ?

According to our Military Command it accomplished the objective they were trying to achieve which was primarily the destruction of a cave complex that had been identified as a major operations center for terrorist elements; You're free to play keyboard general and second guess our Military Field Commanders, I'm not going to since they're the best in the world at what they do and neither one of us is privy to all the variables that were taken into account that led to the decision to drop this particular ordinance, at this particular time, in this particular place.

As an aside it also gave the Administration a tiny political bump given the fact that Americans seem to like it when we set off big bangs on foreign soil.
If I ignore my strong distaste for our presence there in the first place:

I'd think two "objectives" were accomplished with that bomb: The destruction of, or damage to, the caves you mentioned (I remember that goal was mentioned when the initial reports of the blast came out) and a message to people everywhere that we're willing to use it.

Trying to find a silver lining here.

I think Trump's trip to Europe was the Mother Of All Bombs. Jesus though 90 people killed and 400 injured. What's next, the Grandmother Of All Bombs.

So do nothing then ?

Yes. It did give Trump a little time where his tiny hands weren't the main subject of conversation.

So do nothing then ?

If I ignore my strong distaste for our presence there in the first place:

I'd think two "objectives" were accomplished with that bomb: The destruction of, or damage to, the caves you mentioned (I remember that goal was mentioned when the initial reports of the blast came out) and a message to people everywhere that we're willing to use it.

Trying to find a silver lining here.
It's war, there is no silver lining Mac.

Innocent people are dying, American Blood & Treasure are being expended and the best case scenario is that we maintain the status quo until the American People get fed up enough with the bloodshed and wasted resources to put the hammer down on their "leaders" or the federal government finishes its mission to destroy our currency and economy, whichever comes first.

Yes. It did give Trump a little time where his tiny hands weren't the main subject of conversation.
Uh-huh anything that gives the babbling, partisan morons a change of pace from their vapid speculation regarding tiny hands and Russian conspiracy theories can be viewed as beneficial to the public discourse of course the downside is that the chattering lemming slice has the attention span of a gnat so such reprieves don't tend to last very long.

So do nothing then ?
How about do something that keep terrorists from killing 80 people in bombings? What's your plan?

Forum List

Back