Welcome to Hawaii?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
HT_robert_allenby_injury_ll_150118_16x9_608.jpg

Australian golfer Robert Allenby was recovering today after he says he was abducted, drugged, bruised, beaten and robbed in Hawaii.

The golfer's caddy, Mick Middlemo, said the attack Friday night followed a round of drinks with friends at a wine bar after Allenby failed to make the cut in the Sony Open in Honolulu.

Allenby, 43, told the Australian Associated Press he believes he was drugged, because he woke up Saturday morning in a park more than six miles away from the last place he remembers being, beaten up, and missing his wallet.

The Golf Channel has published a photo of Allenby with scratches and bruises on his forehead and nose.

Robert Allenby kidnapped assaulted and robbed in Hawaii Australian golfer believes he may have been drugged by attackers - ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation

"I was separated from my friend in the bar after we had paid the tab at 10:48pm and he went to the bathroom and next thing you know I'm being dumped in a park miles away.

"I only know this part because a homeless woman found me and told me she saw a few guys pull up and throw me out of the car.

"That is where I got the scrapes above my eye from the sidewalk."

Shaken and in a bad way Allenby realised he was without his phone, wallet or any cash and was starting to be harassed by other homeless people in the park.

"The homeless woman got me away from the others and then a retired military guy walking past came to my aid," he said.

"He got me into a taxi and paid for me to get to my hotel and I called police from there. I have his details and will be getting back in touch with him for sure."

Robert Allenby kidnapped assaulted and robbed in Hawaii Australian golfer believes he may have been drugged by attackers - ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation

VIDEO 1:42

NBC reports on the kidnapping of Robert Allenby

ABC NEWS

Used to be you had to camp out on the beach to get an ass-whipping from locals. Now they're going out and looking for folks they can beat up. Just stay away from certain part of the island at night and you'll be fine.

Forum List

Back