🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well, now...Isn't this special.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
On Monday, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation released its initial tally of companies that have donated to Hurricane Maria relief. At the time, four companies -- including liquor giant Diageo (DEO)and biotech company Amgen (AMGN) -- had given a collective $8.1 million, according to the list. Today, the donations top $24M.

Isn't odd that President Trump's company to which he retains control and ownership isn't among the donors. AFAIK, the man hasn't donated a damn thing, which, frankly, wouldn't be much of an issue but for the fact that he's a multi-billionaire POTUS and it appears all he's given is a roll of paper towels.

DLUjtrhV4AAS8Nc.jpg:large

When you're dealing with a big mess you need paper towels You don't need someone's hug or to sit around in a circle and have a giant crying session get to work Brought to you by your Google Android talking typing

On Monday, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation released its initial tally of companies that have donated to Hurricane Maria relief. At the time, four companies -- including liquor giant Diageo (DEO)and biotech company Amgen (AMGN) -- had given a collective $8.1 million, according to the list. Today, the donations top $24M.

Isn't odd that President Trump's company to which he retains control and ownership isn't among the donors. AFAIK, the man hasn't donated a damn thing, which, frankly, wouldn't be much of an issue but for the fact that he's a multi-billionaire POTUS and it appears all he's given is a roll of paper towels.

Can I explain something? When you donate to agencies supporting hurricane relief -- as the Trump Inauguration Committee did -- it's totally fungible. Those agencies just roll donations to the right disasters. What makes you think that NONE of that $3Mill or the PERSONAL pledge of $1MILL from DJT himself is not gonna find it's way to PRico?

Do you even know the AGENCIES that he supported with those donations? And how much did you give?
I donated twice at the supermarket to 2 different relief orgs for $60.

And it's not even a good brand of paper towels..

And it's not even a good brand of paper towels..

I think Trump was sending them a message...

upload_2017-10-5_15-54-35.jpeg

How much has the Clinton Foundation provided?

Can I explain something? When you donate to agencies supporting hurricane relief -- as the Trump Inauguration Committee did -- it's totally fungible. Those agencies just roll donations to the right disasters. What makes you think that NONE of that $3Mill or the PERSONAL pledge of $1MILL from DJT himself is not gonna find it's way to PRico?

Do you even know the AGENCIES that he supported with those donations? And how much did you give?

While your observations are nice for deflecting, the fact of the matter is that my OP remarks have to do with contributions by...
President Trump's company

Why? Because his company is the source of his money. Money from his inaugural committee is other people's money.

As for the pledge of $1M of his own personal money, I don't even know that he has written the check. Based on his press secretary's remarks, it appears Trump didn't even know to whom he should make his check payable, which suggests the check wasn't going to any general fund that disburses it as needed to myriad recipients. I don't know to whom he ended up writing the check, or that he did indeed write one.

And how much did you give?

Really? That's a line you want to go with? What you and I donated has nothing to do with what Trump did or didn't donate to Puerto Rican hurricane relief. Moreover, what we donated is not the topic of this discussion.

___________________________________________________________________________________

The tone and theme of the following remarks from you suggest Trump be given the benefit of the doubt. Well, by his so many misrepresentations of fact -- right down to his own name -- Donald Trump has earned no such benefit.

What makes you think that NONE of that $3Mill or the PERSONAL pledge of $1MILL from DJT himself is not gonna find it's way to PRico?

Do you even know the AGENCIES that he supported with those donations?

Last edited:

How much has the Clinton Foundation provided?

Nothing, because there's no way they can graft in PR.

Forum List

Back