Well, she certainly didn't kill McCain's chances

Great speech. :eusa_clap:

I'm glad she took off the gloves. Now we don't have to hear about the right crying about smear attacks like they've been doing. Plus she's shed that girl next door image. Nobody's going to feel sorry for her when they go after her now.

The only problem is, she looks like she might be able to go toe to toe with Biden. :eek:

Agreed. She's not afraid of him, she made that clear. She also doesn't give a flying fuck what the media says, which made my day.

Great speech. :eusa_clap:

I'm glad she took off the gloves. Now we don't have to hear about the right crying about smear attacks like they've been doing. Plus she's shed that girl next door image. Nobody's going to feel sorry for her when they go after her now.

The only problem is, she looks like she might be able to go toe to toe with Biden. :eek:

Her speech was fine. She didn't embarrass herself and if the content of what she said doesn't make you sick, i can see where she'd be likeable.

But I think Biden wll slice and dice her when she's called on to speak extemporaneously. Today, though, she did what they brought her in to do... read her speech and recite the right wing talking points and bite the pant legs of the dems. She did that fine. It won't get them any votes from the middle, but the g-d, guns and gays crowd will lap it up.

Really... dont believe everything you hear...

I don't, I only believe what I've seen.

What I've HEARD is a lot of great rhetoric from Barack Obama. Promises to every man from every walk of life, how he's going to solve all the problems and make everyone happy, which we all know can't happen. You take from one to give to another.

What I've SEEN from Barack Obama is nothing. It's like Palin said, "He's written two personal memoirs, and not a single bit of legislature, not even in the state senate." Or was it Rudy who said that? Either way, it was a great line.

What I've HEARD from John McCain is a lot of talk about reform and change. What I've SEEN from John McCain matches what I've heard.

Her speech was fine. She didn't embarrass herself and if the content of what she said doesn't make you sick, i can see where she'd be likeable.

But I think Biden wll slice and dice her when she's called on to speak extemporaneously. Today, though, she did what they brought her in to do... read her speech and recite the right wing talking points and bite the pant legs of the dems. She did that fine. It won't get them any votes from the middle, but the g-d, guns and gays crowd will lap it up.

Damn right. That was a red meat base speech. Short on substance, and long on attacks. No Hillary voters were switched over to voting GOP on that speech.

Which is fine, that's what VPs do. We'll see how she does outside the comfortable confines of a staged, and pre-scripted event.

I LOVED the line, "What's the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick."

It sounded like a direct challenge to Biden.

I think Palin is one of us, here on the USMB board. She stole my joke about the bulldog and the Chihuahua. :doubt: http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/57169-biden-vs-palin-debate.html#post757498 :lol:

Now wouldn't that be a hoot! :D

But I will say one thing for her .... it was nice to see someone on the Republican ticket that had some color on their face. Next to McCain she actully looks alive. :eek:

Martin on CNN brought up a great point about how she practically mocked Community Organizers.

If I were Obama and Biden, I'd attack the GOP and her on that one.

Oh and Swingvoter? Loved the Barbara Bush comment. :lol:

Obama was a community organizer 20 years ago.

She was the mayor of an Alaskan village 20 months ago.

She was? Interesting, I could have sworn she left that position in 2002. Of course, I actually read about people before making assumptions about them, what do I know?

Much like how the Democrats have mocked the responsibilities of a governor or mayor?

It's been proven her job as mayor is and was purely ceremonial. Are you ignoring my long earlier point about her stint as mayor and what the mayor of that city actually does?

If so, please go back and look. :)

Last edited:
I don't, I only believe what I've seen.

What I've HEARD is a lot of great rhetoric from Barack Obama. Promises to every man from every walk of life, how he's going to solve all the problems and make everyone happy, which we all know can't happen. You take from one to give to another.

What I've SEEN from Barack Obama is nothing. It's like Palin said, "He's written two personal memoirs, and not a single bit of legislature, not even in the state senate." Or was it Rudy who said that? Either way, it was a great line.

What I've HEARD from John McCain is a lot of talk about reform and change. What I've SEEN from John McCain matches what I've heard.

Here ya go Nancy.. List of bills sponsored by Barack Obama in the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Give that one a gander. Warning though, it will leave you wondering how he ever had time to spend with his family.. well I mean you would wonder that if he were a woman....

The fact that we are comparing the Dems' presidential nominee to the Repubs' veep nominee speaks volumes in of itself.

Not really since that's been what the Republicans have been targeting for everyone to do. They want everyone to compare Palin who may not have so much experience to Obama who they kept saying has little experience. I find it interesting if perhaps that's one of the reasons she was picked.

It's been proven her job as mayor is and was purely ceremonial. Are you ignoring my long earlier point about her stint as mayor and what the mayor of that city actually does?

If so, please go back and look. :)

She cut city taxes and reformed the police department. That's more than ceremonial, in my opinion.

Forum List

Back