Were slave owners "racist"?

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
Seriously consider the idea that people who lived 170 years ago HATED blacks, considered them to be animals and beneath any due respect.

Do people who hate cats own one?

Does a man who has a wife that doesn't like dogs have one? I love dogs, I don't have one because my wife doesn't want one. She got bit on the ass as a kid and it traumatized her so we don't have one. She has a great ass and I'd rather have that than a fuckin dog.

Now consider the fact that the slave owning south was dominated by democrook political whores before and after slavery was an institution. Were did the hatred enter the picture?

Does a man who has a wife that doesn't like dogs have one? I love dogs, I don't have one because my wife doesn't want one. She got bit on the ass as a kid and it traumatized her so we don't have one. She has a great ass and I'd rather have that than a fuckin dog
Does she still have the dog bite scar on that great ass?

Can you post pics?

I'd really like to see it.

😆

This can be answered in a couple of ways, but I think having such an ironic username, I can explain it best.

Slavery was legal at the time, and a lot of folks saw it as a moral sin. But others who needed labor saw it as legal, and owned slaves because they legally could own them and get free labor.

There were three kinds of slave owners, all racist in some degree.

1. The mean sunuvabitch slave owners that we all know about in school. Whipping, beating, starving... These people were genuinely racist, and genuinely did not care about the well being of their slaves.

2. The apathetic slave owners. These guys owned slaves, and didn't beat them, starve them or abuse them unless they sought to punish them. These guys knew that in order for them to work, they needed to be taken care of.

3. The Housekeepers. These folks usually owned slaves to generally be maids or servants around the home. Often times these were city dwelling folk, who thought they were rich enough to have someone do housework for them. Not all the time, but sometimes, the owner and the slave would bond, and the slave would become a part of the family.

All three types of owners were racist, but in their own certain degrees. They saw the blacks as either subhuman, low class citizens that just needed to work, or at best, "different".

All types were wrong, and some types were inhumane. The North used slaves to a certain degree, but usually as house servants, while the planter class south used them in all three regards. The South was not all rich, slave owning planters though. The vast majority were simple farmers, and poor/lower middle class citizens. Their economy survived on slavery, but it was planned to slowly phase it out. Then the war started in 1861, and the Southerner picked up his arms for a litany of reasons. Boredom, to show that he wasn't a coward, to defend his home from federal invaders, to protect his state, for rights infringed by federalists... But all were plunged into war by the few rich.

The few rich in the North, and the few Rich in the South, each with different purposes and goals...

it was a Rich mans war, a Poor mans fight.

Slave owners were not anti-black.....Indeed, they went out of their way to spend large sums for their purchase and upkeep and when they got sick they were cared for in the customs of the time. They were a investment. Does anyone hate a investment as long as it's paying off?

Slaveowners were Democrat so of course they were racist.

They still are racist. Every time they pull the 'racist card.'

This can be answered in a couple of ways, but I think having such an ironic username, I can explain it best.

Slavery was legal at the time, and a lot of folks saw it as a moral sin. But others who needed labor saw it as legal, and owned slaves because they legally could own them and get free labor.

There were three kinds of slave owners, all racist in some degree.

1. The mean sunuvabitch slave owners that we all know about in school. Whipping, beating, starving... These people were genuinely racist, and genuinely did not care about the well being of their slaves.

2. The apathetic slave owners. These guys owned slaves, and didn't beat them, starve them or abuse them unless they sought to punish them. These guys knew that in order for them to work, they needed to be taken care of.

3. The Housekeepers. These folks usually owned slaves to generally be maids or servants around the home. Often times these were city dwelling folk, who thought they were rich enough to have someone do housework for them. Not all the time, but sometimes, the owner and the slave would bond, and the slave would become a part of the family.

All three types of owners were racist, but in their own certain degrees. They saw the blacks as either subhuman, low class citizens that just needed to work, or at best, "different".

All types were wrong, and some types were inhumane. The North used slaves to a certain degree, but usually as house servants, while the planter class south used them in all three regards. The South was not all rich, slave owning planters though. The vast majority were simple farmers, and poor/lower middle class citizens. Their economy survived on slavery, but it was planned to slowly phase it out. Then the war started in 1861, and the Southerner picked up his arms for a litany of reasons. Boredom, to show that he wasn't a coward, to defend his home from federal invaders, to protect his state, for rights infringed by federalists... But all were plunged into war by the few rich.

The few rich in the North, and the few Rich in the South, each with different purposes and goals...

it was a Rich mans war, a Poor mans fight.
I think “mean” slave holders were few and far between. Slaves were valuable property and mistreating or starving them was counterproductive. We’re slaves punished? Of course. Were they punished unfairly and severely by some owners? Of course. But they were rarely injured to the point of incapacitation or death. In today’s terms it would be like deliberately destroying your work truck. By my standards, and by the standards of my family back then, slavery was wrong.

I think “mean” slave holders were few and far between. Slaves were valuable property and mistreating or starving them was counterproductive. We’re slaves punished? Of course. Were they punished unfairly and severely by some owners? Of course. But they were rarely injured to the point of incapacitation or death. In today’s terms it would be like deliberately destroying your work truck. By my standards, and by the standards of my family back then, slavery was wrong.

It is morally and ethically wrong to me as well.

The reason why I made my username "Confederate Soldier" is because I was born in Virginia, and I feel that if I lived in that time period, I would have enlisted in the 13th Virginia Infantry (the town where I grew up) to serve alongside my family, friends and neighbors.

Seriously consider the idea that people who lived 170 years ago HATED blacks, considered them to be animals and beneath any due respect.

Do people who hate cats own one?

Does a man who has a wife that doesn't like dogs have one? I love dogs, I don't have one because my wife doesn't want one. She got bit on the ass as a kid and it traumatized her so we don't have one. She has a great ass and I'd rather have that than a fuckin dog.

Now consider the fact that the slave owning south was dominated by democrook political whores before and after slavery was an institution. Were did the hatred enter the picture?
Unfortunately I am around them at work and 2/3 are just N

Forum List

Back