"West Antarctic Ice Sheet's Collapse Triggers Sea Level Warning"

4 feet is enough to put cities like New York in great danger.

TRILLIONS upon TRILLIONS of $$$ would be lost if the oceans rose that much. It would bankrupt insurance companies

And if it's set to happen you can spend trillions and trillions of dollars trying to stop it and will fail because it's not within our control.

so you're saying that we are past the "tipping-point"? There is a lag you know. So we're fighting the clock. We have to reduce GHG's to a tolerable level 30 years before its too late. That means yesterday.

Methane from the arctic I was reading is now one of the biggest drivers upward of methane in the Atmosphere. Another 10-15 years and this will start to drive us over a point where we can't return!

So, 8,000 years ago during the HTM, when temps were 5 degree's C warmer than now....why did nothing special happen?

And CO2 does not drive climate much less methane or any other so called carbon forcing. It is all AGW propaganda based on a religion and not on real science.

Each time the Ice Age melts occurred VAST areas of permafrost were exposed. Subject to the SAME releases of methane and CO2 --- MUCH more "permafrost" that what we have left on the planet now.

This glacier story is almost a year old now. When you look at Mattew's vid -- you can see that we're talking about the ass end of glaciers that dump into the sea. And the SUGGESTED interaction with a "warmer sea". The BULK of these glaciers are PRODUCING NEW ICE... Slowly because Anarctica gets almost no precipt.

Show me the charts of a "warmer" Southern Ocean. We've done this one before. So I know the result.
Old news recycled to keep hope alive. Need to dress it up for the "big push" that the Warmers plan to make before the "final" International climate conference. Only 500 days left to save the planet ya know.

Not even gonna touch thinkprogress as a science reference..

I quick plotted the Southern Ocean temps about 6 months ago from a govt site..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture6398-antarcticocean.jpg

Where's the warming ???????????????????????????????????? ... that triggered this speculation and doom.........................................
I think it's in the Whouse kitchen where they are cooking all these stories up..

EDIT --- Had to go check where this came from.. UAH Satellite Temp Data -- Southern Ocean Only. 1979 to 2013....
Warmer longer in the 80s than today... But hardly a budge...

NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global warming could trigger melting of 'unstable ice plugs' that would raise sea levels by up to 13 FEET, claims study
East Antarctica is more at risk than thought to long-term thaw, says study
The researchers say Wilkes Basin could raise seas for thousands of years
They claim the ice sheet is only being held back by 'unstable ice plugs'
And if these disappear it would trigger a massive slide of sea ice
This could raise sea levels by up to 4 metres - but only after 25,000 years

An enormous region of East Antarctica is far more vulnerable to thaw that previously thought, according to a new study.

Researchers claim that global warming could trigger an unstoppable slide of ice into the ocean and raise world sea levels for thousands of years.

The Wilkes Basin in East Antarctica, stretching more than 600 miles (1,000 km) inland, has enough ice to raise world sea levels by 10 to 13 feet (three to four metres).
The Wilkes is vulnerable because it is held in place by a small rim of ice, resting on bedrock below sea level by the coast of the frozen continent.

That 'ice plug' might melt away in coming centuries if ocean waters warm up.

'East Antarctica's Wilkes Basin is like a bottle on a slant. Once uncorked, it empties out,' Matthias Mengel of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, lead author of the study in the journal Nature Climate Change, said in a statement.

Read more: Global warming could trigger melting of 'unstable ice plugs' that would raise sea levels by up to 13 FEET, claims study | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
Everything triggers a warming...that is the nature of dealing with irrational hysterics.

So you show a warmer a graph of the official satellite record of Southern Ocean temperatures--- ASK THEM where the warming is that are melting the tips of glaciers that connect to the water --- and they return with ever more DESPERATE sounding videos of doom and disaster..

Skip RIGHT OVER the valid questions, and just keep on fretting..
That's about right for this entire discussion..

So you show a warmer a graph of the official satellite record of Southern Ocean temperatures--- ASK THEM where the warming is that are melting the tips of glaciers that connect to the water --- and they return with ever more DESPERATE sounding videos of doom and disaster..

Skip RIGHT OVER the valid questions, and just keep on fretting..
That's about right for this entire discussion..

I just read a paper that finds that scaremongering is one of the greatest threats to mankind.

Global warming could trigger melting of 'unstable ice plugs' that would raise sea levels by up to 13 FEET, claims study

An enormous region of East Antarctica is far more vulnerable to thaw that previously thought, according to a new study.

Researchers claim that global warming could trigger an unstoppable slide of ice into the ocean and raise world sea levels for thousands of years.

The Wilkes Basin in East Antarctica, stretching more than 600 miles (1,000 km) inland, has enough ice to raise world sea levels by 10 to 13 feet (three to four metres).
The Wilkes is vulnerable because it is held in place by a small rim of ice, resting on bedrock below sea level by the coast of the frozen continent.

'East Antarctica's Wilkes Basin is like a bottle on a slant. Once uncorked, it empties out,' Matthias Mengel of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, lead author of the study in the journal Nature Climate Change, said in a statement.

Read more: Global warming could trigger melting of 'unstable ice plugs' that would raise sea levels by up to 13 FEET, claims study | Mail Online

I need a glacialogist or geologist to deal with this one. Because I'm :rofl: so hard, I can go research it.

I'm supposed to believe that if any of these glaciers lose the connection to the sea, ALL 600 miles of it INLAND in FrozenVille is just gonna LEAK OUT to the sea ???????????????????

And the PLUG is being removed RIGHT NOW IRREVERSIBLY by a warmer ocean that doesn't appear on the Satellite Record???????

I think these GW dudes never took Statics and Dynamics.. .Or have witnessed land bound glaciers building and flowing.. UNCORK IT ????? IT's the SEA END that keeps it from dissipating ???

Maybe I should just buy this garbage and appreciate how much my Tenn estate is gonna grow in value...

I need a glacialogist or geologist to deal with this one. Because I'm :rofl: so hard, I can go research it.

I'm supposed to believe that if any of these glaciers lose the connection to the sea, ALL 600 miles of it INLAND in FrozenEVille is just gonna LEAK OUT to the sea ???????????????????

And the PLUG is being removed RIGHT NOW IRREVERSIBLY by a warmer ocean that doesn't appear on the Satellite Record???????

I think these GW dudes never took Statics and Dynamics.. .Or have witnessed land bound glaciers building and flowing.. UNCORK IT ????? IT's the SEA END that keeps it from dissipating ???

Maybe I should just buy this garbage and appreciate how much my Tenn estate is gonna grow in value...
Sea rising seems to be the new clued-in scientist's witch hunt for emptying successful economies of their working cash by skimming foundations and tapping governments of their taxpayers' savings to keep up their works.

Someone must've added cash maneuvers into curriculums to get scientists to monitor every source to enlarge the body of research.

The scaring of societies with lies will cause us to lose good scientists and leave us with the vacuous ones. Emailing each other to ignore some data and promote other data has cost them popularity and turned a few bad apples into the epitome of what science is all about. It's sad.

Last edited:
Sea rising seems to be the new clued-in scientist's witch hunt for emptying successful economies of their working cash by skimming foundations and tapping governments of their taxpayers' savings to keep up their works.

Why do you say that? Scientists have been warning of rising sea levels as a result of global warming since before the IPCC was formed. Nothing new about it. The news - that the glaciers feeding the Amundsen Sea have begun to break loose from their beds in what appears to be an unstoppable process, is something that scientists have also been warning about for years. That the bedrock under most of the West Antarctic ice sheet is below sea level leads to the obvious conclusion that the system as a whole is inherently unstable.

And where do you see scientists trying to get money from governments or taxpayers? The message on this one is that there's nothing we can do about this, it's too late. Doing nothing costs nothing. Until the world's coastlines are inundated with 15-20 feet of water. What do you think that'll cost?

Someone must've added cash maneuvers into curriculums to get scientists to monitor every source to enlarge the body of research.

Please show us what you're talking about.

The scaring of societies with lies will cause us to lose good scientists and leave us with the vacuous ones.

Since scientists warned us for years that precisely what has happened would happen, the ones spouting lies would be... well.. you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back