🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Westboro Batshit Church Chased Away (video)

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Fred's gone; the hate lives on...

WBC came to Moore Oklahoma to rub last year's tornado in the locals' faces. They got a tornado they didn't anticipate. After eight minutes they got back in their cars and skedaddled.

This video shot by one of the counterprotesters, who estimated their own number at over a thousand:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVE_3zVx1zQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVE_3zVx1zQ[/ame]

Full story here

@Novasteve

Good! I saw one video sometime back where their windows in their van had rocks thrown at them and were broken and if I recall correctly a tire slashed.

These people are some of the lowest I can think of.

Thanks for sharing the video.

We all (or almost all) stand with the locals on this one.
Of course... messy as it is, all of this does bring up the free speech issue.

Not the Constitutional one, the principle...

Yeah, I agree about the 'free speech" speech, but I can only hope those who oppose them will have a louder 'voice' to assure idiots like these are not heard and their message not spread. There are times when I question the right to free speech when it incites hate though. I suppose some will believe I wish to limit free speech but I think it can go to far.

CaféAuLait;8899766 said:

Yeah, I agree about the 'free speech" speech, but I can only hope those who oppose them will have a louder 'voice' to assure idiots like these are not heard and their message not spread. There are times when I question the right to free speech when it incites hate though. I suppose some will believe I wish to limit free speech but I think it can go to far.

Aye, that's the eternal dilemma on this isn't it.

This crowd in Moore definitely had the louder voice. They usually don't care about getting shouted down but it looked like they were starting to fear for their safety. We would hope it wouldn't have come to that of course. The sad part is, although it may have chased WBC away, it doesn't change their attitude.

Kind of like debates around here. sigh...

Freedom of speech only goes so far. So many forget that and abuse it. You cannot be on a plane and yell BOMB, or sit in a theatre and scream FIRE or be on a school property and holler GUN. So people yelling that 9 year old boys died because God Hates Fags is not free speech any more than the other examples I stated. And, something should be done about it because WBC needs to be silenced. Supposed rights or not.

WBC came to Moore Oklahoma to rub last year's tornado in the locals' faces. They got a tornado they didn't anticipate. After eight minutes they got back in their cars and skedaddled.

This video shot by one of the counterprotesters, who estimated their own number at over a thousand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVE_3zVx1zQ

Full story here

@Novasteve

Westboro is a family of Lawyers. Lawyers are the top 1%. Watching them convincing simple minded drones to give them more business isn't that hard to comprehend. It should be a lesson for America. But I'll be painted as a "Leftist" because I don't support WestWaco.

Nobody supports the Batshits. Nobody except some of the homophobes.

That's why I put Novasteve's name in the OP. Kind of like assigning WBC a public defender.

Freedom of speech only goes so far. So many forget that and abuse it. You cannot be on a plane and yell BOMB, or sit in a theatre and scream FIRE or be on a school property and holler GUN. So people yelling that 9 year old boys died because God Hates Fags is not free speech any more than the other examples I stated. And, something should be done about it because WBC needs to be silenced. Supposed rights or not.

Freedom of Speech isn't choppy. It means we can say anything at anytime to share information.

It's the peoples duty to stop being busy drones that hate politics.

I question why Westboro can create so many scenes at funerals when "Disturbing the peace" means "Disturbing the tranquility of others"...........

Yet under "Freedom of speech" I can hand out "Home made bomb plans" at city hall to everyone that walks past me. Because that was determined "free speech" by our system.

Some don't see a problem with this.

WBC are terrorists. I don't care if they are lawyers. They need to be shut up for good or pay heavily in fines...better yet, sitting in jail for terrorist activities.

Freedom of Speech isn't choppy. It means we can say anything at anytime to share information.

I question why Westboro can create so many scenes at funerals when "Disturbing the peace" means "Disturbing the tranquility of others"...........

Yet under "Freedom of speech" I can hand out "Home made bomb plans" at city hall to everyone that walks past me. Because that was determined "free speech" by our system.

I don't think the founding fathers had that in mind.

Nobody supports the Batshits. Nobody except some of the homophobes.

That's why I put Novasteve's name in the OP. Kind of like assigning WBC a public defender.

Batshit fertilizes Batshit crazy gardens. It's time to end Batshit Crazy or what was formally known as (the people without political education)

I don't think the founding fathers had that in mind.

Most American websites offering bomb-making instructions would not face civil liability, since Hess v. Indiana and Waller v. Osbourne determined that free speech restrictions can only be applied if the goal was "producing imminent lawless conduct"

Today, if you can't prove these bomb making instructions are going to produce imminent lawless conduct, then it's just free speech.

Yesterday, we knew that there was no use for bombs except for "producing imminent lawless conduct"

On this topic I lean Conservative thinking and Liberal thought. Some won't understand that but that's the point.

Getting deep for me, so I will just say I would not be upset if terrorist acts that abuse the freedom of speech aspect of our rights resulted in a few being thrown in a slammer somewhere and labeled terrorist acts.

Full story here

@Novasteve

That's Christians for you. :D

total freedom of speech is when you support freedom of speech even for those you disagree with....
it is easy to support freedom of speech for those you agree with much harder to do that for those you dont agree with...

then you have consequences of free speech....which is much harder to deal with

Full story here

@Novasteve

That's Christians for you. :D

Funny, not all of us act like that. Did it ever occur to you that the people who ran them off might have been other Christians? Well, that's Indofred for you. Inserting his religious bigotry whenever he can.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back