What 1k in work tool boxes looks like.

It's only in my truck from point a to point b. Then it goes into the property.

You're being fucking anal for no reason
or I am trying to warn you about destroying your body for no reason,,

for example my mother in law lives next door and her water heater went out yesterday,, going to put in an on demand one since shes alone and 85 yrs old,,
I went today and took a few pipe wrenchs and a few other things to tear out, now I have a list of supplies I need and tomorrow when I get those I will only take the tools needed for that job and nothing more,,
by your standards I should load every plumbing and tearout tool I have,, thats just stupid,,
one small bag should do the trick,,

I rip every bathroom down to studs and half to floor joists. On EVERY job I do concrete work, electrical work, plumbing work, framing adjustmens/repairs, I move plumbing rough in in almost every bathroom. I often have to remove rotten studs and insulation. Replace knob and tube wiring. Etc...

I know my job YOU do not so just give it a rest lol
These are the people who think hours of work can be done during a 2 minute commercial break like on those crappy DIY shows. I know your pain brother. Been a house carpenter for 35 years. Their ignorance is our continued employment.

An example of the gutted bathroom I just finished. It had knob and wire. Concrete over diagonal 1x's a tub that was completely rotten at the drain. Iron water pipes in the walls. A cast iron stack that was rusted out at a t joint. Rotten insulation and floor boards.

I did it all without having to leave to fetch any tools.
20220826_090304.jpg
IMG_20220826_091732_196.jpg
IMG_20220826_093258_476.jpg
20220826_125605.jpg
20220829_123134.jpg
20220830_080256.jpg
20220830_085907.jpg
IMG_20220830_102205_888.jpg
20220830_111145.jpg
20220830_102527.jpg
20220830_142548.jpg
20220831_091330.jpg
20220901_090540.jpg
20220905_101648.jpg
20220906_102001.jpg

An example of the gutted bathroom I just finished. It had knob and wire. Concrete over diagonal 1x's a tub that was completely rotten at the drain. Iron water pipes in the walls. A cast iron stack that was rusted out at a t joint. Rotten insulation and floor boards.

I did it all without having to leave to fetch any tools.View attachment 694990View attachment 694991View attachment 694992View attachment 694994View attachment 694995View attachment 694996View attachment 694997View attachment 694998View attachment 694999View attachment 695000View attachment 695001View attachment 695002View attachment 695003View attachment 695004View attachment 695005
so you gutted that and did all the repairs in a single day??

you might be better than me if you did that,,

this sounds more like youre milking the clock,,,
I own the company and I don't work by the hour. I bid every job and don't deviate from that bid unless it's something major.

That above bathroom took me 8 days and I did it for 5k plus materials

I own the company and I don't work by the hour. I bid every job and don't deviate from that bid unless it's something major.

That above bathroom took me 8 days and I did it for 5k plus materials
I just dont get carrying in every tool for a tearout,,

or any other aspect of the job,,
having a truck that doesnt lock is why you always need to bring every tool in even when you dont need it,,,

what took you 8 days could have been 6 if you werent hauling all those tools in and out everyday,,

I gutted it in one day and started the repairs.
but you took every tool you had in the truck inside for no reason,,,

again just advice from someone thats been around the block a few times,,
I set my van up with a knaack tool box inside the side doors to lock the really valuable stuff and had a shelf along the right side in the back,,
I could get just about any supplies I needed inside the back and all the lumber I could carry on the ladder rack on top,

all I ever took inside was the things I needed that day and didnt have to worry about theft,,

as for those boxs,, my son is a commercial HVAC tech and he had those for about a month and then sold them because of the weight and hassle of them and went back to a backpack tool kit and a few bags, most times all he needed was the backpack,,

or I am trying to warn you about destroying your body for no reason,,

for example my mother in law lives next door and her water heater went out yesterday,, going to put in an on demand one since shes alone and 85 yrs old,,
I went today and took a few pipe wrenchs and a few other things to tear out, now I have a list of supplies I need and tomorrow when I get those I will only take the tools needed for that job and nothing more,,
by your standards I should load every plumbing and tearout tool I have,, thats just stupid,,
one small bag should do the trick,,
Yout changing one hot water heater not gutting an entire bathroom lol.

My tools goto the job on day one and stay there till I'm done.

Tomorrow I'm starting a flip job. 3 bathrooms, kitchen, mud room fireplaces. Tools will be there till I'm done and I'll never have to leave because I need something I could have brought but didn't.

It boggles my mind that you can't grasp the idea of being prepared for any situation

what took you 8 days could have been 6 if you werent hauling all those tools in and out everyday
You don't listen.

My tools stay at the job till I'm done. If I have to worry about my clients stealing my equipment then I won't work for them.

And lol at doing all that in 6 days. Each step towards the end requires curing time before the next step.

It boggles my mind that you can't grasp the idea of being prepared for any situation
thats a loaded statement since any situation means carrying a kitchen sink just in case,,

maybe its just me that doesnt like carrying things I will never need, I anticipate through experience whats needed and only take that and maybe a little more onto the jobsite,,

I know exactly what you will find,, old pipes and electrical prolly some rotted wood and maybe a dead rat or two,,
I remember when I first started in this business 30 years ago. Forgetting tools or simply not going prepared. Then having to drive for hours extra because I live in a large metro to go fetch what I left at home.

No more

I remember when I first started in this business 30 years ago. Forgetting tools or simply not going prepared. Then having to drive for hours extra because I live in a large metro to go fetch what I left at home.

No more
been there done that,, still no reason to carry every tool in the truck into the jobsite,,

been there done that,, still no reason to carry every tool in the truck into the jobsite,,
Bro I have tools that don't fit in those boxes lol. Table saws. Chop saws
Demolition hammers.
5 different wet saws.
Routers
Belt sanders
Air sleds for moving appliances on hard surfaces.
Etc on and on

I don't take EVERYTHING obvious. That is only 3 stacks.

Forum List

Back