What are you listening to?

[three videos]

Guys --- as a reminder gonna ask everybody to please limit posts to ONE video per post -- if you have a second video please make it another post. The reason being, every post has to load its video(s) and when there are multiple-video posts the page slows down so much as to be unusable for some users so ------------ think of the children, thanks. :)

(this is why if I comment on a video I cut out the video itself and leave text identifying what it was -- repeating the same video in a quote only slows the page down more)

Last edited:
A friend brought up the hurdy-gurdy so I thought of this -- "Les Amants de Saint-Laurent" by La Vent du Nord

[three videos]

Guys --- as a reminder gonna ask everybody to please limit posts to ONE video per post -- if you have a second video please make it another post. The reason being, every post has to load its video(s) and when there are multiple-video posts the page slows down so much as to be unusable for some users so ------------ think of the children, thanks. :)

(this is why if I comment on a video I cut out the video itself and leave text identifying what it was -- repeating the same video only slows the page down more)
Sounds like you need a new computer, but I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure any thread with several hundred pages of videos
will take more time to upload, so I honestly don't think posting 1 or 5 videos at a time
makes any difference at this point.

But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
[three videos]

(this is why if I comment on a video I cut out the video itself and leave text identifying what it was -- repeating the same video only slows the page down more)
Sounds like you need a new computer.

It's not me actually but I have experienced it in the past so I know what the commenter is talking about. Been there, done that. That's why we came up with the guideline in the first place, but it's been a while since it's been mentioned. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure any thread with several hundred pages of videos
will take more time to upload, so I honestly don't think posting 1 or 5 videos at a time
makes any difference at this point.

But I could be wrong.

Actually only the page being viewed gets loaded. Navigate to another page and that's another load. As mentioned above, we've been here before. The site we're on has its limitations and this is one of them.

Besides which, with a single video per post you can see exactly what got liked and don't have to guess.

Actually only the page being viewed gets loaded. Navigate to another page and that's another load. As mentioned above, we've been here before. The site we're on has its limitations and this is one of them.

Besides which, with a single video per post you can see exactly what got liked and don't have to guess.
Okay. You convinced me.
And thanks for being so polite about it.
It gets pretty heated around here at times.
(try being a progressive Trump supporter for one day)

Okay. You convinced me.
And thanks for being so polite about it.
It gets pretty heated around here at times.
(try being a progressive Trump supporter for one day)

Thanks. :thup:
This thread was always intended to be a respite from all that degradation elsewhere, bringing a common ground we can all enjoy. That's why when some wag brings politics in they quickly get shown the door.

Forum List

Back