5D
40D
100-400mm f/4.6 IS L MKII
70-200mm f/2.8 L
24-70mm f/2.8 L
17-40mm f/4 L
85mm f/1.8
50mm f/1.4 (x2)

Probably going to bite the bullet and get a 1DX MK IV later this year. It's a lot of money, but it's the Ferrari of the Canon line.

Also, before the girlie and I went to New York last year, I picked up the Fuji X100F:
1491322961_1311229.jpg

It's a fixed lens (23mm f/2) rangefinder style camera, but it's a blast to use. I always have a camera with me and, lately, this is the one I've been grabbing when I leave the house instead of one of the DSLR's. I love the narrow depth of field on this thing:

ny01a_filtered.jpg

Hi, I need to buy a camera and was thinking about the Canon 90D, but not sure. My daughter models, and I need to take great pictures and great videos for 4K and cinamatic. I appreciate if you could recommend a camera. Thank you.

Nikon D7000
Nikon D80
Nikon Lenses:
50mm 1.8
18-105 3.5
18-140 3.5
55-300 4.5
Sigma lens
10-20 4.5
Oh, and this one:

fake lens.jpg

pine cone web.jpg

gmc web.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of running some film through these. There's a lab up in Jacksonville that still processes film, so I may do it just for the Hell of it.

This is my 1952 Jloca Stereo II. I've never used a camera like this one before, so I'll need to read up on it. I always seem to suffer a burst of creativity whenever I get a new piece of gear. While this isn't new (I've had it for several years), the experience of using it will be:

22548589547_3547ffdc21_z.jpg

This is my Canon A-1. I've only got a handful of lenses with the Canon FD mount, but it'd still be fun to push a roll through it and see what happens.

22548589657_6fae1cfbd9_z.jpg

I'll tell ya', the camera that has become the one I grab every time I leave the house is the Fuji X100F. It's got a fixed lens (23mm) with an aperture to f/2:

fuji01.jpg

This thing's a lot of fun to shoot with and, because it's a fixed 23mm, you have to get creative sometimes.

For work I use two Canon 6D's, a 6D MKII, and two 1DX MKII's...

I'm using a Nikon D40X.
Nikon-D40X-size.jpg

Lenses;
AF-S Nikkor 18-55 (kit lens)
AF-S Nikkor 19-70 Wide Angle
AFS Nikkor 55-200 Telephoto
AF-S Nikkor 55-300 Telephoto
Teleconverter 12mm, 20mm, 36mm (for macro shots)

If you want to know all of the cameras I have here is the list.

I use nothing but Nikon equipment.

EM, FM2, F2, N90s, D2h, D3, D3s, D4s, D5 and a Coolpix underwater camera.

The film cameras are packed up and in storage. I use most of the digitals. Except the D2h. At least not to take photos. I use that camera to teach.

The D3 gets my fixed Macro
The D3s gets "Big Betty" which is a curved 18 to 28
The D4s gets the 75 to 300
The D5 gets the 18 to 200

I don't change lenses. I change cameras. It's bad for the camera to open it up to change a lens. Dust and dirt get into it fast.

Plus I'm a spoiled professional photographer.

Here's a shot of all my D SLRs lined up. I took it with my phone.
IMG_0037.jpeg

For those who don't know what a teleconverter is it's the small lens between the primary lens and the camera body.

14707_3592_l_images.jpg

I do and the more glass you put on there the more the photo won't be clear and crisp.

Even with Nikon equipment.

It's best to get the lens you want instead of the doubler.

This is one of the best camera companies on the west coast. They sell and rent.

Every year they have a huge sale on their rental equipment to make room for the new models. They sell the equipment at very reasonable prices. They fix them and make sure they are in nearly new condition.

Another good way to get a good lens at a good price is to buy it at the end of the year or beginning of the new year. Sellers are slashing prices to make room for the new year models. I've bought a ton of equipment that way and save thousands of dollars.

Here's the website to that company:

I got a Canon EOS in 1988 with at least two lens, and it got stolen in 1997, and I have not had a real camera since then; but then I got a good deal at Walmart for a Canon 530 SX back in April when the Democrats sent me a check. I didn't want a camera with interchangeable lenses, because it was not worth it to me.
Canon SX530.jpeg

This SX530 satisfies my needs for close-up, but usually I keep it wide - I want a lot of information in my pics.
IMG_0043.JPG

I am a civil engineering enthusiast - I could not handle the math. I am watching them build a replacement bridge here in Corpus Christi, and the first pic is of the main ramp approach. The second pic is a telephoto of the main towers construction with that ramp in the foreground.

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

This pic is from a pedestrian bridge about a half mile from the construction site of the previous pics. The pedestrian bridge was built for what seems to be no good reason, because the neighborhoods it connects are practically abandoned, because of the nearby refinery that pollutes the air and caused a high rate of birth defects and cancer. And get this, it was built by the same company that dropped the pedestrian bridge in Florida a couple of years ago - they have been taken off the anticipated bridge project. In the pic you can see the old Harbor Bridge, and then a full telephoto pic of it.
IMG_0101.JPG

Probably three miles away.
Plenty of camera power for me!
:cool:

Forum List

Back