What do you say if a Police Officer asks....

What Do you Say to the Police When Asked "Do you know how fast you were going?"

• How fast you were going

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The speed limit

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why do you ask?

• It this a trick question?

• Let me ask my wife

• I had a leg spasm

• Something else

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I believe that, as a taxpayer, I should be permitted 10% above the posted speed limit.
Most officers won't even look at you if you're going 5 or less over the limit anyways. There are exceptions, however, such as the little Podunk speed traps (Town Without Pity - Feature - now defunct and unmourned).
10 or less over possibly won't get you stopped either, but that's dependent on factors such as weather, traffic, and so on.

"Not sure, officer. I was following the officer in the squad car in front of me."

I believe that, as a taxpayer, I should be permitted 10% above the posted speed limit.
Most officers won't even look at you if you're going 5 or less over the limit anyways. There are exceptions, however, such as the little Podunk speed traps (Town Without Pity - Feature - now defunct and unmourned).
10 or less over possibly won't get you stopped either, but that's dependent on factors such as weather, traffic, and so on.

Usually, 15 mph over the speed limit triggers higher fines. It allows them to charge you at the higher offense and offer you a chance to plead guilty at a lower fine

Are you a physicist? Would it help to remind the officer that by the laws of physics:
speed and location cannot be determined at the same time. Would that work?
No.
You wont gain anything by having a debate with these fvckers on the side of the road. They'll just claim yer getting hostile, call for backup and then the chances of you getting tazed or shot rise dramatically.

Forum List

Back