What do you say to a grieving person?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
That is my only question after reading what can be found here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess that the best thing to say is to let them know that you are still here for them if they ever need anything or anyone.

What do you say to a grieving person?​

What can you say? The truth:
  1. That you understand how they feel and that they are not alone and have a friend to get through this.
  2. That it's gonna hurt a long time but wounds eventually heal no matter how deep. Losing someone really hurts the first year as you relive events and dates. By the 2nd year you start to find consolation and healing, and somewhere between the 2nd and 5th year, you begin to accept what happened and start moving on with your life again. It's all part of life.

Be compassionate, and REALLY listen to what they have to say. Try to console them, and tell them they should remember the good times they had with that person. Most of all, let them grieve at their own pace. It may take awhile, but things will be alright in the end.

First put the collection plate under their nose, then offer them hope of another life in which they won't grieve.

Sorry for your loss
They are in a better place
God works in mysterious ways
He was an asshole and you are better off without him

Depends on the circumstances

I have never once said the right thing to anyone. Usually it is the absolute worst thing that anyone could possibly say. My inability to empathize correctly has ended friendships of years.

^^^ Did you ever try doing anything to make up for whatever wrong was said? Words are one thing, but a person's choice of action at the end of the day should be what tells the true story at least in my own opinion anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don’t know
I seem to have zero emotions or any soul

^^^ I haven't seen everything that is here from you, but I have seen enough to where in my opinion, that kind of statement about you is not true. (hug)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

" My condolences for your loss" if it's just an acquaintance. If it's family it will come naturally.

To the multitudes of grieving warmers I say:

Grow a pair and get over it.

Then, when they fall on the ground in a faint, I revive them with fresh, warm urine.

^^^ Grow a pair and get over it??? Wow..........forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if you are not going to practice, what may I ask is the point of your preaching???

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't need any of your urine or anything else that you may have when a person can produce their own waste.

Say, "It could have been worse. It could have been you!"

Seriously though, there has been a lot of good advice on this thread.

^^^ Grow a pair and get over it??? Wow..........forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if you are not going to practice, what may I ask is the point of your preaching???

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't need any of your urine or anything else that you may have when a person can produce their own waste.

Pity that the public indoctrination in lieu of education didn't permit understanding of the lead-in.

^^^ I don't know what you mean by all of that, but to me, the whole matter couldn't be better explained compared to how it is all done here.

My most favorite person from that show is in the clip, but sadly they too are not here anymore now. I don't know about the rest of the show's fanbase, but I am doing my part in keeping him around. In other words, getting over it is a card that will never be a part of my deck. However, a card for learning how to live in such a nightmare is in there somewhere because one dead person can't preserve the beautiful and precious memory of another dead person. It may not be an easy job, but it is one that I have no intention of ever walking away from. It is my honor to keep alive the beautiful and precious memory of the complete and total masterpiece of a gentleman who was put in charge of Mr. Hooper's store, I love him so much. :) :) :)

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. What Big Bird says about remembering a person as much as we want is when I am no longer able to keep it together. Right then is when I fall apart. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
That is my only question after reading what can be found here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess that the best thing to say is to let them know that you are still here for them if they ever need anything or anyone.
God if you figure it out let me know. I am at that age where funerals are much more common than weddings. I am just at a loss of what to say in this situation. Lost my father recently, don't even know how to deal with it myself. Not much any one could say to me to change anything. Bought a house to rehab recently and normally dad would be standing beside me working on it. Not the case today. When this one is done I am just going to keep it a while. Not really into doing this one. Definitely not up for another for a while.

Forum List

Back