What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Just Don't See The Equivalent Nature Here
BTW, Jackson WAS A Democrat...
The equivalent is that Trump doesn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of ending immigration. Just like Jackson didn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of getting gold. They both thought they had the right to do this because they considered themselves as representing America's best interests. I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt since I believe he's doing it because he wants to placate his base. I believe, if your willing to disregard morality when going after goals, you are nothing more then a thug and history will judge you accordingly.

That's IF you think what he's doing is immoral; enforcing the law and trying to provide a deterrent.

I don't think taking kids away from "people" who dragged them across a place like Mexico, dirty, hungry and confused, putting them someplace where they get showers, food, medical care, new clothing, a bed to sleep in; something they probably haven't seen in over two weeks, as being immoral.
I see. This is only if you
I Just Don't See The Equivalent Nature Here
BTW, Jackson WAS A Democrat...
The equivalent is that Trump doesn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of ending immigration. Just like Jackson didn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of getting gold. They both thought they had the right to do this because they considered themselves as representing America's best interests. I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt since I believe he's doing it because he wants to placate his base. I believe, if your willing to disregard morality when going after goals, you are nothing more then a thug and history will judge you accordingly.

That's IF you think what he's doing is immoral; enforcing the law and trying to provide a deterrent.

I don't think taking kids away from "people" who dragged them across a place like Mexico, dirty, hungry and confused, putting them someplace where they get showers, food, medical care, new clothing, a bed to sleep in; something they probably haven't seen in over two weeks, as being immoral.
By that logic everybody who ever emigrated with kids should all lose their parental rights. See the only way your argument works is, if you see parents who try to cross the border as reckless and not desperate. By the way I love how you so studiously used air quotes when saying people. So you didn't have to use parents. Like taking away parents from their children because of something that is even by law a simple misdemeanor is not by it's very nature immoral and makes them undeserving of raising a kid.

A "simple misdemeanor" that puts your kids into a risky, dangerous situation.
So does jay walking and speeding.

This is a bit more than Jaywalking:

Mexican woman tells of ordeal with cross-border child traffickers

"
Maria says she was 16 when she was lured into the gang by a man on the streets of the Mexican border town of Ciudad Juárez.

Since the 1990s, thousands of women have disappeared from the town. Hundreds of bodies bearing signs of rape and sexual mutilation have been dumped on waste ground in the city; thousands more have never returned.

In 2009, 55 teenage girls vanished in the town, which has been gripped by violence as two drug cartels fight a lethal turf war over cocaine smuggling routes into the US.

Maria, who was in hiding when she talked to Channel 4 News, said she had been given presents and promised a job in an office by the gang member but was instead drugged and raped and sold to men."

IF ONE CHILD IS SAVED FROM THIS, THEN OUR JOB DOES IT'S JOB.............

PERIOD!

The equivalent is that Trump doesn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of ending immigration..
Trump's Not Seizing Their Lands
Marching Them Off To Death
Or Rescinding Any Of Their Rightful Citizenship Claims

To Compare What Is Happening Along Our Border Now
To What Jackson Did Then And NAZIism
Is The Height Of Hyperbole

You Folks Cheapen Words Like
'Hitler' And 'Atrocity' Every Time You Use Them
Because You Use Them To Describe Everything
From Having Your Feelings Hurt To Stubbing Your Toes

So Save It
There Is NO Equivalence
Not In The Analogy That Was Used To Compare Trump To Jackson Or NAZIs

But The Equivalence Does Apply To Jackson (A Democrat)
To Your 'Hitlers' And Your 'Atrocities'
He is just abusing children. No big deal to his base.

If one child slipped through, and ended up dead or trafficed as a sex slave, because we did not find out DEFINITIVELY that the adult was the child's parent, you would cry foul on the administration.

How proud that must make you, getting your cake and eating it too.

How proud you must be supporting a policy that tears children from their parents arms WITHOUT regard. Stop pretending it has anything to do with stopping trafficking, you and I both know it doent and that is directky from the mouths of those who impmemented it as a deterrant. At least have the integrity to be honest about it.
------------------------- i don't care about the TRAFFICKING . I just want to scare the zhit out of the third worlders that they might have their kids taken from them if they violate American Law Coyote . --------------------- just a comment .

The equivalent is that Trump doesn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of ending immigration. Just like Jackson didn't let morality stand in the way of his goal of getting gold. They both thought they had the right to do this because they considered themselves as representing America's best interests. I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt since I believe he's doing it because he wants to placate his base. uI believe, if your willing to disregard morality when going after goals, you are nothing more then a thug and history will judge you accordingly.

By that logic everybody who ever emigrated with kids should all lose their parental rights. See the only way your argument works is, if you see parents who try to cross the border as reckless and not desperate. By the way I love how you so studiously used air quotes when saying people. So you didn't have to use parents. Like taking away parents from their children because of something that is even by law a simple misdemeanor is not by it's very nature immoral and makes them undeserving of raising a kid.

"
Maria says she was 16 when she was lured into the gang by a man on the streets of the Mexican border town of Ciudad Juárez.

Since the 1990s, thousands of women have disappeared from the town. Hundreds of bodies bearing signs of rape and sexual mutilation have been dumped on waste ground in the city; thousands more have never returned.

In 2009, 55 teenage girls vanished in the town, which has been gripped by violence as two drug cartels fight a lethal turf war over cocaine smuggling routes into the US.

Maria, who was in hiding when she talked to Channel 4 News, said she had been given presents and promised a job in an office by the gang member but was instead drugged and raped and sold to men."

PERIOD!
Then all children should be removed from any any adult entering or leaving our country for Mexico or Canada and put into a detention facility regardless of age until aithorities can determine with out a doubt they are indeed the parents.

And dont forget, in these facilities they arent even allowed to pick up and console a hysterical toddler who just wants her Mommy!

What separation from parents does to children: 'The effect is catastrophic ...
Chicago Tribune › nationworld
What separation from parents does to children: 'The effect is catastrophic'

"

PERIOD!
Then all children should be removed from any any adult entering or leaving our country for Mexico or Canada and put into a detention facility regardless of age until aithorities can determine with out a doubt they are indeed the parents.

And dont forget, in these facilities they arent even allowed to pick up and console a hysterical toddler who just wants her Mommy!

You do understand about Passports, Right? You understand about the requirements for Documents, Right?

Unless you are that Naive (and maybe you are), you actually do sound as if you support Human Trafficking.

"

PERIOD!

And the effect of not separating them from the adults can be EVEN MORE TRAGIC!

"A young Mexican woman who escaped from human traffickers has told US special agents how she witnessed babies and children being "sold to order" to US citizens.

America's Department of Homeland Security in Washington says the girl, known only as Maria, had "significant ~information" and possessed a "remarkable memory" of her experiences inside the gang.

In an interview with Channel 4 News, to be broadcast tonight, the teenager tells of a cross-border trade in babies and young children, where Mexican and US gangs worked together to supply a demand in the United States.

As a result of the interview, US officials and Mexican authorities have begun an investigation into the alleged trafficking."

"

PERIOD!

You do understand about Passports, Right? You understand about the requirements for Documents, Right?

Unless you are that Naive (and maybe you are), you actually do sound as if you support Human Trafficking.
So you are claiming that 100% of those parents have no documents? Or they cant possibly be kept with their children prior to their heating if there is no reasonable suspicion of trafficking? They cant possibly be detained as a family unit until their hearing????? Even a nursing child?

Even passports can be faked.

You think I support child trafficking? Well it sure sounds like you support child abuse.

Do you know what happens to some of those kids in detention facilities?

Cecile1200 said:
How many of those applicants went about it the proper way, and how many swarmed across the border first chance they got, and only mentioned asylum when they got caught and arrested?
The Illegals Selfishly Elbow Themselves To The Front Of The Line
At The Expense Of People Already Willing To Follow Our Laws

And Then These Alien Nationals Demand Special Dispensation
You act as if this is a school cafeteria lunch line. The fact is for people in Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras without a family member or employer in the US to sponsor them, there is no line to wait in. If you are lucky enough to have a sponsor, the wait is 20 years and rising for an immigrant visa. If your status or that of your sponsor changes you are likely to find yourself at the end line. For most people that live in Central America or Mexico, that line you speak of doesn't really exist. For them, there is only one way to enter the US.

"

PERIOD!

So you are claiming that 100% of those parents have no documents? Or they cant possibly be kept with their children prior to their heating if there is no reasonable suspicion of trafficking? They cant possibly be detained as a family unit until their hearing????? Even a nursing child?

You think I support child trafficking? Well it sure sounds like you support child abuse.

So you are claiming that 100% of those parents have no documents?

I made no such claim, and if they show up at the boarder crossing seeking Asylum. THEY ARE NOT SEPARATED.

Or they cant possibly be kept with their children prior to their heating if there is no reasonable suspicion of trafficking?

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, If they cross at a non border crossing WITHOUT DOCUMENTS, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MORE EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE FAMILY THAN YOU HAVE EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE TRAFFICKING!

Border Patrol is trained on passport recognition. Now you are simply making excuses making it appear you support trafficking. It's not a good look for you.

We have put in a system that eliminates the possibility that the adults that would traffic these children, be done in a manner that is as non abusive as possible, while insuring these children are not being trafficked. That is about all we can do.

If not worse than happened to Maria, then what is your point?

Trump is separating parents from kids because they committed a misdemeanor. That being the case, you had better not exceed the speed limit in your state.
/----/ Trump isn't separating anyone. It's a consequence of breaking the law.

“I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.”
— President Trump, in remarks to reporters at the White House, June 15

“We have the worst immigration laws in the entire world. Nobody has such sad, such bad and, actually, in many cases, such horrible and tough — you see about child separation, you see what’s going on there.”
— Trump, in remarks at the White House, June 18

“Because of the Flores consent decree and a 9th Circuit Court decision, ICE can only keep families detained together for a very short period of time.”
— Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in a speech in Bozeman, Mont., June 7

It's the law, dope and we don't have to give 2 billion people asylum like you stupidly suggested.

Do you even have any idea of how many applicants there are annually?
What the approval process is?
What percent of applicants actually receive asylum?
Is that number trending up or down over time?
Over the last 26 years we have granted asylum to 1.9 million people. That's only .5% of the US population. The average is about 20,000/yr. 40% of those that apply and pass pre-screening are granted asylum after 3 to 6 mos of interviews and investigation. I seriously doubt that Trump would allow that many in the country. In fact, I don't see any reason he would allow any. There's nothing political or financial in it for him.

Exactly right and the rates of those granted asylum have been dropping for decades.

The truth is, they don't want any immigrants at all from the south. It's more about keeping a white majority nation than anything else. None of them will admit that though.

So even if that was the case, what's wrong with that? Show me one race of people that would support being made a minority in their own country outside of Surrender First whites.
Is race more important than being American?

Both are important, especially if you are the race the Democrats want to wipe out.
Just admit that for you, it's all about keeping brown people out of America.
Don't be a pussy and stop dancing around that point you so desperately are trying to make.

Trump is separating parents from kids because they committed a misdemeanor. That being the case, you had better not exceed the speed limit in your state.
/----/ Trump isn't separating anyone. It's a consequence of breaking the law.

“I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.”
— President Trump, in remarks to reporters at the White House, June 15

“We have the worst immigration laws in the entire world. Nobody has such sad, such bad and, actually, in many cases, such horrible and tough — you see about child separation, you see what’s going on there.”
— Trump, in remarks at the White House, June 18

“Because of the Flores consent decree and a 9th Circuit Court decision, ICE can only keep families detained together for a very short period of time.”
— Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in a speech in Bozeman, Mont., June 7

It's a result of their zero tolerance policy, dope.

Please tell us what they did during their first year. Did they separate families in this way? Of course not. It's a new policy.

Over the last 26 years we have granted asylum to 1.9 million people. That's only .5% of the US population. The average is about 20,000/yr. 40% of those that apply and pass pre-screening are granted asylum after 3 to 6 mos of interviews and investigation. I seriously doubt that Trump would allow that many in the country. In fact, I don't see any reason he would allow any. There's nothing political or financial in it for him.

Exactly right and the rates of those granted asylum have been dropping for decades.

The truth is, they don't want any immigrants at all from the south. It's more about keeping a white majority nation than anything else. None of them will admit that though.

So even if that was the case, what's wrong with that? Show me one race of people that would support being made a minority in their own country outside of Surrender First whites.
Is race more important than being American?

Both are important, especially if you are the race the Democrats want to wipe out.
Just admit that for you, it's all about keeping brown people out of America.
Don't be a pussy and stop dancing around that point you so desperately are trying to make.
-------------------------------------------- i just say , third worlders as its inclusive of ALL inferiors that i want kept out of the USA no matter what they look like Hutch . .

Applying for asylum is not a crime.

Knowing you can’t qualify for a asylum…And trying anyway knowing you’ll be separated from your children…Should be a crime though...right?

Neither applying for asylum nor being denied asylum is a crime. Children should not be separated in either case.

Haha...oh I get it now. You want to believe the cockroaches from Mexico, Central and South America can quality for asylum?
You realize that whether applying for asylum or not, an illegal alien standing on American soil is a federal criminal...right?

Anyone can apply and 40% of applicants are granted asylum. Prosecuting them is not required. It is done as a matter of policy.

Nice conflation. How many of those applicants went about it the proper way, and how many swarmed across the border first chance they got, and only mentioned asylum when they got caught and arrested?
There's no conflation. Asylum seekers were not prosecuted prior to thle implementation of this new policy.
Zero tolerance, meaning 100% prosecutions, is a new policy, fool.

Knowing you can’t qualify for a asylum…And trying anyway knowing you’ll be separated from your children…Should be a crime though...right?

Neither applying for asylum nor being denied asylum is a crime. Children should not be separated in either case.

Haha...oh I get it now. You want to believe the cockroaches from Mexico, Central and South America can quality for asylum?
You realize that whether applying for asylum or not, an illegal alien standing on American soil is a federal criminal...right?

Anyone can apply and 40% of applicants are granted asylum. Prosecuting them is not required. It is done as a matter of policy.

Nice conflation. How many of those applicants went about it the proper way, and how many swarmed across the border first chance they got, and only mentioned asylum when they got caught and arrested?
There's no conflation. Asylum seekers were not prosecuted prior to thle implementation of this new policy.
Zero tolerance, meaning 100% prosecutions, is a new policy, fool.

And they aren't now if they present themselves at a border crossing.

Glad I could be here to inform you of something you should google before posting.

Thank me later

You need lessons in basic humanity. But most You need to be exposed as a Russian troll who only masquerades as an American who opposes immigration. This encourages American citizens to violate their beliefs and their Constitution and to inflict harm on little children.

Deplorable doesn’t even begin to cover it.

I need nothing that would make me anything similar to the likes of you. You need to realize that YOU are no sort of standard people are aspiring to.

I'm going to take "Russian troll" as a sign that you've finally recognized that you can't deflect your way out of the fact that this law you're so "outraged" about as of five minutes ago is 100% the fault of LEFTISTS, and you're too much of a craven liar to admit it.

Case closed. You're dismissed, puswad.

This isn’t a “law” nor is it a requirement. This is Trump torturing children for political gain and you cheering the abuse.

This is who you are. A selfish, amoral xenophobe who supports child abuse
They are illegal aliens, they have no constitutional rights. Who gives a fucking shit about them

Wrong.
Asylum seekers have a constitutional right to due process of their claim. Making that process criminal is decidedly unconstitutional.

No one has made seeking asylum criminal, you outrageous frigging liar.

Sure they did, dope.

If a person crosses illegally and immediately turns themselves in and claims asylum, they crossed for that reason.

Prosecuting them and separating them as a result is a new policy.

There is nothing new about this. Americans hated the Irish immigrants, the Jews, the Italians, the Chinese, the Japanese, the blacks, the Muslims, the Puerto Ricans, the Jamaicans and now Trump has created the hatred of Central Americans. It is the American Way….

Putting innocent children in jail with adults is a really bad idea, are Democrats dumb or something?

Don't put the adults in jail then. Duh.

And there we have it: the REAL motivation here. The kids are just a shield to hide behind, a tool to use to advance your agenda.

Don't ever wonder why everyone pisses all over your bullshit claims of "concern" and "outrage" and "compassion". We all knew this is what you were REALLY about long before you admitted it.
And there we have it: the REAL motivation here. The kids are just a shield to hide behind, a tool to use to advance your agenda.

Don't ever wonder why everyone pisses all over your bullshit claims of "concern" and "outrage" and "compassion". We all knew this is what you were REALLY about long before you admitted it.

That's not what it's about at all, dope.
It is through their choice to prosecute them that the separation is necessary.
You dopes have a problem understanding that they just started doing this shit six weeks ago.

For the first year and change they did it the the way every other administration had.

You need lessons in basic humanity. But most You need to be exposed as a Russian troll who only masquerades as an American who opposes immigration. This encourages American citizens to violate their beliefs and their Constitution and to inflict harm on little children.

Deplorable doesn’t even begin to cover it.

I need nothing that would make me anything similar to the likes of you. You need to realize that YOU are no sort of standard people are aspiring to.

I'm going to take "Russian troll" as a sign that you've finally recognized that you can't deflect your way out of the fact that this law you're so "outraged" about as of five minutes ago is 100% the fault of LEFTISTS, and you're too much of a craven liar to admit it.

Case closed. You're dismissed, puswad.

This isn’t a “law” nor is it a requirement. This is Trump torturing children for political gain and you cheering the abuse.

This is who you are. A selfish, amoral xenophobe who supports child abuse

Is this all you can say? Are you so wrapped up in emotion you're willing to claim someone supports child abuse purely because they disagree with you politically?

You certainly aren't in opposition in this case.
Ha. Of what? Child abuse? That's weaksauce man.

My father was a victim of child abuse, he routinely told me horror stories. He was molested by his brother and beaten with a crossiron. He was starved, and his father tried to kill him.

No. Don't you dare insinuate that I support child abuse. None of what our President does to these children comes remotely close to that level of child abuse. Nor does it rise to the level of child abuse at all.

Causing mental and emotional harm to children over prolonged periods of time is certainly child abuse. Especially when done when discrestion allows for altenatives.

Obviously, we need to cut through the rhetorical bullshit one more time.

1) The rules about detaining children HAVE NOT changed. Trump IS NOT doing anything new in regards to detaining children. The government has been required to release children from detention within 20 days ever since the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals extended the Flores Consent Decree (aka the Flores Settlement) to include accompanied minors in 2016. What Trump has changed is how we deal with adults. Where Obama used the Flores Settlement and the accompanying Ninth Circuit ruling as an excuse to give adults a free pass if they could claim to be part of a family unit, Trump is insisting on treating those adults like the criminals they are.

2) Separation of children from adults happens only in three cases: if the adult is not the child's parent, if the adult is a threat to the child, or if the adult is put into criminal proceedings. In other words, the exact same circumstances under which a child would be taken from an adult even among our own citizenry.

3) When an illegal is prosecuted, he is taken into custody by the US Marshals. The US Marshals do not, EVER, take care of the children of people they take into custody, no matter who that person is or what they're being arrested for. Just as with anyone in this situation, the children are taken custody of by HHS, which cares for them in temporary shelters until they know whether the adult will be deported or will apply for asylum.

4) Assuming the illegal has not committed another crime, the criminal proceedings are short. Usually, the illegal pleads guilty, they are sentenced to time served, and they are returned to ICE. This typically happens in one day. At that point, the adult is reunited with the child, and the whole kit and kaboodle are deported back to where they came from. If the adult is truly concerned about being separated from the child, they can easily put an end to it.

5) The separation only becomes extended if the illegal immigrant himself chooses to make it so by applying for asylum. THAT procedure pretty much always takes longer than the government is allowed, by law, to hold the child. When that time limit is reached, the child is placed with a responsible party. Quite often, that is a relative or friend of the illegal immigrant, because illegal immigrants often have connections to people who are already in the country.

6) If the adult is held while their asylum claim is processed, it is likely to go through the system much more quickly, a couple of months as opposed to dragging on for years. If the adult is released into the population, he is highly unlikely to return for his court dates. We know this from experience.

7) There is no reason whatsoever for someone who is legitimately looking for asylum to cross the border illegally. They have only to approach a port of entry and state their desire for asylum. They are NOT arrested when they do this, and not separated from their children. The fact that border crossings dried up at the beginning of the Trump administration and only started again when rumors went around that the policy on the border had not changed indicates that the vast majority of these people are NOT refugees fleeing persecution, but simply prefer the economic benefits of being in the US.

8) In April, the New York Times reported:

Some migrants have admitted they brought their children not only to remove them from danger in such places as Central America and Africa, but because they believed it would cause the authorities to release them from custody sooner.

Others have admitted to posing falsely with children who are not their own, and Border Patrol officials say that such instances of fraud are increasing.

"It is common to have parents entrust their children to a smuggler as a favor or for profit.” - azcentral.com

But since our policies have favored family units over single adults, we have created an incentive to put children in peril. How can anyone who claims to care about the well-being of these children advocate policies which encourage their endangerment?

9) Congress has the power to change all of this by one simple vote. They can pass a law overruling the Flores Settlement; they can pass a law mandating family detention, and providing funding to make it possible. So why is it that the only bill that has been introduced in Congress to address this situation has come from the Republicans, who are being vilified, and the Democrats are too busy grandstanding for the media to propose anything at all?
Lots of good information but the fact remains there is no law that requires Trump to separate the kids from their parents at the border. This is policy which can be changed at the discretion of the president. Claiming the law made me do it is just bullshit. He clearly feels separating the kids from the parents is a determent so why doesn't he admit it. I'm sure most of his supporters would agree.

The fact remains that there ARE laws that require it. I realize that you think the President can just pick and choose what laws to obey and how to do so, but don't think for a second that I believe you wouldn't be screaming about "imperial Presidency" if Trump started acting like Obama.

It is the law that crossing the border without permission is a criminal act. It is the law that the President is required to enforce the law. And it is the law that children cannot be held longer than 20 days.

It is not President Trump's job to make law, or to ignore it.
The fact remains that there ARE laws that require it.

Only after the parents are prosecuted which is the new policy, fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back