What industry do you think will see the lowest effective tax rate due to the new tax bill?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
It's good to be the king.
-- Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part I

Well, if you think it's the hospitality industry, you're wrong. The absolute lowest is mining. The next lowest are hospitality, real estate, and holding companies.

Some of you may recall my posting that policy-wise I don't much care what party holds power. I care only that cabinet secretaries and other senior executive branch officials come from industries and/or firms that have publicly traded stock.....

While it's good to be the king, it's good to be a prince too. For those who aren't "kings and princes," buy stock in the king's/princes' former firms; it'll be good for your financial portfolio.

With the Domestic Production Deduction going away, and also Apple et al being forced to pay taxes on their foreign stashed profits, the tax rates of all corp's should be fairly close to equal around the 21%-22% rates.

Anyone doing a lot of R&D will have lower tax.

So the research firms will pay the lowest now.

I think the metrics you are using while valid do not represent the lowest down side relative to potential down side. Major league bubbles are likely to break within 30 months:

State finances: moving from CA, IL, MA, NY, NJ to FL/TX is equivalent to getting an 11% pay increase for the highest 5% of incomes and the firms that employ them and relocate them.

For the very first time Sessions and Trump used the data from federal courts to determine the rate of criminality of illegal aliens and under-vetted legal residents. It was the entire Tucker Carlson show tonight. I will see what Bloomberg says tomorrow but illegals are three times more likely to engage in murders that end up in a federal court than anybody else. Trump will use those numbers to make the high SALT sanctuary states look like Blade Runner so all transport and logistics companies are going to experience an even bigger boom.

I think the metrics you are using while valid do not represent the lowest down side relative to potential down side.

LOL. I suppose that's very possible; indeed, it's all but certain for I didn't seek to represent anything other than what I stated in my OP. LOL

You might want to dig out your copy of Benjamin Graham and see if you are choosing the right target is my only point.

Forum List

Back